Items Eternal Boss Summoners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora3500

🌳
Staff member
Many bosses in this game require an item to summon them and that item is used up in the process to fight them. The player may save up about 5-20 of a boss summoner item to farm the boss out and be unable to continue farming once they run out of the item. At the point a player can defeat a boss 5 times in a row, it is safe to say they are just fighting the boss for fun or just to create extra materials to be used for tools/building or to be sold. Also because of this, it is rare that a player will hit the 20 stack limit for boss summoning items after they have beaten the boss for equipment/area progression purposes.

To allow players to continuously grind a boss which is considered easy to them at the point in the game they are at, and to reward them for grinding materials to get a 10 stack of a single boss summoner, I am proposing a group of new items called the Eternal Boss Summoners.

Basically they function exactly the same as the items that summon bosses with the difference being that they aren't consumed like the normal ones are. As you can imagine, this allows a player to continuously fight a boss or bosses for as long as they feel like. These won't be easy to get however (The recipes for this group of items are listed below) and are more intended as a reward for the player for collecting 10 of a single boss summoning item and give them the privilege of fighting them all the time when they want to. The bosses are still the same bosses you fought before and the EoC and Twins for example still have to be fought at night as an example.

Credits:
@Sigma90 Suggestions for more items/fleshing out of this suggestion.
@Grand Paladin Tyrux For better names for the Boss items.
@BBGoo For creating Sprites for this Suggestion. (All Sprites in this Suggestion were created by BBGoo)

Here are the items themselves:

Ancient Crown
Eternal1.png

Tooltip:
"Contains the essence of unchallenged royalty"
Recipe:
10 Slime Crown
Eye of the Forgotten
Eternal2.png

Tooltip:
"Contains the essence of the eternal watcher"
Recipe:
10 Suspicious Looking Eye
10 Hallowed Bar
5 Soul of Sight
Feast of the Darkness
Eternal3.png

Tooltip:
"Contains the essence of eternal hunger"
Recipe:
10 Worm Food
10 Hallowed Bar
5 Soul of Might
Spine of the Immortal
Eternal4.png

Tooltip:
"Contains the essence of pure chaos"
Recipe:
10 Bloody Spine
10 Hallowed Bar
5 Soul of Might
Eternal5.png

Tooltip:
"Contains the essence of horrific sacrifice"
Recipe:
1 Guide Voodoo Doll
1 Clothier Voodoo Doll
1 Ancient Essence
2 Life Fruit
Larva of the Queen
Eternal6.png

Tooltip:
"Contains the essence of a mother's fury"
Recipe:
5 Abeemination
10 Hallowed Bar
5 Soul of Fright
Key of Absolute Darkness
Eternal7.png

Tooltip:
"Charged with the essence of eternal souls"
Recipe:
1 Ancient Essence
100 Soul of Night
Key of Cleansing Light
Eternal8.png

Tooltip:
Recipe:
1 Ancient Essence
100 Soul of Light
*Note that the Jungle Mimic still hasn't been officially implemented into the game as of this post, this recipe is for when it is implemented, it can also be changed depending on how the normal Jungle Mimic Item is gotten.

Key of Biologic Rebirth
Eternal9.png

Tooltip:
Recipe:
10 Life Fruit
1 Ancient Essence
Eternal Mechanical Eye
Eternal10.png

Tooltip:
"Contains the Essence of Eternal Sight"
Recipe:
10 Mechanical Eye
1 Ancient Essence
Eternal Mechanical Worm
Eternal12.png

Tooltip:
"Contains the Essence of Eternal Might"
Recipe:
10 Mechanical Worm
1 Ancient Essence
Eternal Mechanical Skull
Eternal11.png

Tooltip:
"Contains the Essence of Eternal Fright"
Recipe:
10 Mechanical Skull
1 Ancient Essence
Zero Point Module
Eternal16.png

Tooltip:
"Used at the Lihzahrd Altar, contains limitless energy"
Recipe:
10 Lihzahrd Power Cell
1 Ancient Essence
Vile Flower
Normal.png

Tooltip:
"Summons Plantera"
Recipe:
25 Spooky Wood
3 Life Fruit
10 Daybloom
Bulb of the Keeper
Eternal13.png

Tooltip:
"Contains the essence of the eternal guardian"
Recipe:
10 Vile Flower
1 Ancient Essence
Prey of the Leviathan
Eternal14.png

Tooltip:
"Contains the essence of the hunter's wrath"
Recipe:
10 Truffle Worm
1 Ancient Essence
Phantasmic Sigil
Eternal15.png

Tooltip:
"Contains the essence of impending doom"
Recipe:
10 Celestial Sigil
1 Ancient Essence

All items can be crafted at Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil, the Eternal Slime Crown can also be crafted at a normal anvil.

Lunatic Cultist drops 3 Ancient Essence Items after it's defeat. A New Item that is used to craft Eternal Summoners for Hardmode Bosses.

Ancient Essence Sprite:
Essence.png

The Larva of the Queen only requires 5 of their base items because it is far more difficult to get the materials needed to craft the base items compared to the others. This is also to help worlds that might only have 1 Bee Hive spawn in the Jungle.

The sprites for these items would consist of their normal versions having a glow around them and have the item have a blue/purplish coloring, the Mechanical versions would have a more ethereal look to them from having the ectoplasm from their recipe.

Based on the recipes, this would not affect general game progression at all, and give players a fun objective to reach in hardmode all the way to after they've "beaten" the game.

Zero Point Module acts as the eternal item for the Lihzahrd Power Cell. It is used at the Altar but isn't consumed upon use.

The Vile Flower is a summoning item for Plantera that can only be obtained after reaching the Pumpkin Moon, so that players still beat Plantera the normal way of smashing its flower to summon it. Like the normal method of summoning it, Plantera can still only be summoned in the Jungle.

The Eternal Voodoo Doll works just like the Guide Voodoo doll in summoning the Wall of Flesh except that it doesn't get destroyed in lava and it will kill 1 random npc.

The Truffle Lure acts as bait, and it is not consumed by summoning Fishron, it can't be used for normal fishing

The Mimic Key summoners are used by right clicking on an empty chest similar to unlocking a chest. They aren't consumed like the other items. Also like the normal Key of Night, the Key of Absolute Darkness will only summon Corrupt Mimics in Corrupt Worlds and Crimson Mimics in Crimson Worlds.

EDIT:
Added Eternal Golem summoning item, Summoning item for Plantera and Eternal Version of it.

EDIT 2:
Changed Recipes for Pre-Hardmode Bosses from Souls of Light/Night to Hallowed Bars and Mech Boss Souls.

Added Poll to determine whether non-boss summoned items (For Skeletron/WoF/Plantera/Fishron) should be added, kept or removed.

EDIT 3:

Added new items and changed recipes to adapt to the 1.3 content. Also made all recipes easier to craft (only needing 10 of a normal item instead of 20) Thanks to @Sigma90 for the suggestions on new Eternal summoning items and better name for the Eternal Golem Summoning Item.

EDIT 4:
Changed names and tooltips of items to be more creative, thanks to @Grand Paladin Tyrux for the name suggestions. Added Eternal Summoners for the Mimic Minibosses.

EDIT 5:
Made formatting changes to make Suggestion a little more organized and easier to read. As well as to fit with some the overall formatting of my more massive suggestions. Fixed a few details about my statements to fit with recipe/name changes as well as 1.3 changes

Implemented @Grand Paladin Tyrux 's Suggestion to have Lunatic Cultist drop a new crafting material called Ancient Essence to replace the need for Luminite Bars/Ectoplasm in hardmode recipes

EDIT 6: (June 9th, 2017)

Added Sprites for all the items created by BBGoo, made more Formatting changes to make it nicer, and also removed poll as it is no longer relevant

Last edited:
This would make farming for the slime saddle much easier! A suggestion maybe include the golem thingy into there as well

It looks like the Golem could also get one, the stack limit is 99 so to make it practical I'll make the requirement 20 Lihzahrd Power Cells and 5 Ectoplasm, this could be changed when new 1.3 endgame tiers are taken into account.

Cool idea, could you do something for Plantera, using spooky wood?

I'll think of something for it. It will require making a normal summoning item for Plantera that can only be made from the Pumpkin Moon Tier then making an Eternal version of that.

Last edited:
I like this idea.

You've mentioned that WoF / Fishron don't need a summoning item, and that's OK. But what about Plantera? It doesn't have a summon item either... I'm undecided about making it summonable with an item...

Not so sure about the recipes. Maybe Hallowed Bars (or even Chlorophyte / Shroomite)? Mechanical boss summons need Iron/Lead Bars, so Hallowed Bars could be an alternative? Since you get these from the mech bosses, you'd have to craft at least one normal summon and kill the boss to get an eternal summon. The pre-HM bosses could also be Hallowed Bar + [other ingredient].
Anyway, just thinking aloud. :)

I like this idea.

You've mentioned that WoF / Fishron don't need a summoning item, and that's OK. But what about Plantera? It doesn't have a summon item either... I'm undecided about making it summonable with an item...

Not so sure about the recipes. Maybe Hallowed Bars (or even Chlorophyte / Shroomite)? Mechanical boss summons need Iron/Lead Bars, so Hallowed Bars could be an alternative? Since you get these from the mech bosses, you'd have to craft at least one normal summon and kill the boss to get an eternal summon. The pre-HM bosses could also be Hallowed Bar + [other ingredient].
Anyway, just thinking aloud. :)

True, it is inconsistent to have something for Plantera but not Skeletron/WoF/Fishron. I should either add something for the rest of them or remove Plantera's, I'll add a poll on whether normal and eternal summoning items for the non-item summoning bosses should be added to see what people think about it.

Using Hallowed Bars/Chloro Bars will make the recipes more creative, I like that. The items made from them will be permanent so it won't be an issue for players to get as many materials as necessary. Not sure about how to change the Hardmode Eternal Items with Chlorophyte and something else. Ectoplasm is the only "endgame energy related item" I can think of that is grindable and not too hard to get in the lategame. By mentioning Chlorophyte/Shroomite you mean adding them to the recipes for the Mech Bosses and Golem?

For EoC and EoW/BoC requiring 20 of normal item then 10 Hallowed Bars and 5 Soul of Sight (EoC) and 5 Soul of Might (EoW/BoC) sounds good for the "raw materials" then the "catalyst".

Using Hallowed Bars/Chloro Bars will make the recipes more creative, I like that. The items made from them will be permanent so it won't be an issue for players to get as many materials as necessary. Not sure about how to change the Hardmode Eternal Items with Chlorophyte and something else. Ectoplasm is the only "endgame energy related item" I can think of that is grindable and not too hard to get in the lategame. By mentioning Chlorophyte/Shroomite you mean adding them to the recipes for the Mech Bosses and Golem?
My thinking was that you were trying to restrict it to late game, so ideally some kind of hardmode bar. Hallowed bars seem to fit best. Cholophyte / Shroomite was a suggestion for if you wanted to restrict it to an even later stage.

For EoC and EoW/BoC requiring 20 of normal item then 10 Hallowed Bars and 5 Soul of Sight (EoC) and 5 Soul of Might (EoW/BoC) sounds good for the "raw materials" then the "catalyst".
I'm not so sure about the 20 normal items part, but the Hallowed Bars and Souls sound good! Maybe the Eternal Power Cell could be a Zero Point Module?*

True, it is inconsistent to have something for Plantera but not Skeletron/WoF/Fishron. I should either add something for the rest of them or remove Plantera's,
For WoF: Maybe a voodoo doll that kills a random NPC when thrown in lava? That way it's not restricted to the guide. Being a rarity higher than Blue, it wouldn't be destroyed by the lava either, so the player can (attempt to) retrieve it and reuse it. Or it could do what Mobile / Console does - using the item is sufficient to kill a NPC and summon the WoF.
For Skeletron: Easy enough to summon with a Clothier voodoo doll; probably no eternal item needed
For Fishron: A Truffle Lure is the obvious answer for reusability I guess. :)

Aside: Has anyone ever thrown a Clothier voodoo doll in lava? Does that summon the WoF and/or kill the Clothier?

(* It's a reference to Stargate.)

Not bad, I like it... But the summoning Item for Plantera is way to easy to get... This should be changed
Keep in mind, it requires a material from the pumpkin moon -which is actually quite fitting, luckily-. BTo get enough spooky wood -500-, you'll need to be able to make it at least to wave 10, to take down mourning woods. Once you get items from the PM, Plantera becomes a piece of cake. TH'sB is very effective against the second phase, and providing you have mobility it sherds the first too.

Added some new Eternal Boss Summoning items, and changed up some of the recipes to account for the 1.3 additions. Will add items for the Miniboss Mimics soon.

I like this idea, however now with 1.3 I think there's an oppurtunity for an overhaul that fits better with the game. The Lunatic Cultist should drop some form of crafting material (I'm thinking it could be called an Ancient Essence or Infinite Essence) that is used to create the Eternal summoners. Here I'll be listing my ideas for an item rename and a new tooltip, if you feel like taking my ideas and changing the recipes a bit I'll leave it up to you.

Ancient Crown

Eye of the Forgotten

Feast of the Darkness

Spine of the Immortal

Larva of the Queen

No ideas for the names of the Mechanical Boss summoners, sorry :p But the tooltip would be "Contains the essence of eternal sight/might/fright"

Bulb of the Keeper

Prey of the Leviathan

Phantasmic Sigil

I like this idea, however now with 1.3 I think there's an oppurtunity for an overhaul that fits better with the game. The Lunatic Cultist should drop some form of crafting material (I'm thinking it could be called an Ancient Essence or Infinite Essence) that is used to create the Eternal summoners. Here I'll be listing my ideas for an item rename and a new tooltip, if you feel like taking my ideas and changing the recipes a bit I'll leave it up to you.

Ancient Crown

Eye of the Forgotten

Feast of the Darkness

Spine of the Immortal

Larva of the Queen

No ideas for the names of the Mechanical Boss summoners, sorry :p But the tooltip would be "Contains the essence of eternal sight/might/fright"

Bulb of the Keeper

Prey of the Leviathan

Phantasmic Sigil

Thank you for the ideas of new names and tooltips for the items. They sound a lot better. Having the Lunatic Cultist drop an item to be used for the Eternal items sounds interesting, I may think of a way to implement this. To make the eternal pre-hardmode boss summoners accessible during hardmode, I may also add something for the Wall of Flesh.

GOD yes. The issue of having to keep searching for materials to summon the bosses when I didn't have the skill to beat them eventually caused me to give up fighting them for the longest time! *slams the suggestion with his personal stamp of approval*

I like this idea but I think each eternal summoning item should require a rare-drop from the boss that it eternally summons... that way you actually have to have killed the boss enough times given the usual way before you can summon them infinitely.

For example, Eye of Cthulu could drop "Cthulu's Contact Lens" and that would be required in the recipe. Each boss would have a funny/witty item that they would drop with, say, a 5% chance to craft the summoner. That would make it balanced so that you couldn't just grind the regular materials without having killed the boss (because then you basically have unlimited attempts at killing a boss for the first time).

This is an awesome idea. There really isn't a good reason to force people to grind boss summoning materials if they're already forced to grind the boss itself. I'd say make all the recipes require beating the boss a few times over, so require some of their items.

Made some formatting changes, to make Thread a little Neater. Let me know what you think of the Items being compressed into spoilers. Also implemented @Grand Paladin Tyrux 's Suggestion to have Lunatic Cultist Drop a new item to be used in the Eternal Recipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom