tModLoader Even More Modifiers Relaunch Beta

unknown.png

This image on the front page of the mod says that there should be prefixes to go along with the modifiers, no?
(E.I. the "Legendary Large Band of Regeneration Of Debugging states that it should have a +size modifier, has a 4+ modifiers, and has a debugging modifier, and it DOES, but in the screenshot I uploaded, there are no prefixes or suffixes attached to the sword, despite having modifiers. At the very least, it should say "Legendary Wooden Sword", as it has 4+ modifiers, and yet it doesn't. As far as I can see, this is a bug or a glitch or SOME sort of incompatibility, unless I am mistaken on how this mod functions.)
You're mistaken, this is just for showcase purposes (showing it's possible), but currently not present in the mod itself. Other modders could do it for their rarities though
[doublepost=1527279967,1527279931][/doublepost]
How it works the Luck?
Luck is yet to be implemented, but will provide various bonuses. Which ones exactly is TBA
[doublepost=1527280030][/doublepost]
Hey I was trying to build the tmod file because I wanted to edit the power of some of the modifiers, but I can't build it. It keeps saying "Make sure you have exactly one class extending mod". How the hell do I build this?
Comment everything in UnitTests.cs

[doublepost=1527280030][/doublepost]
Comment everything in UnitTests.cs

That didn't work. It gives me the same error. It's not super important that I get this to work, I mostly wanted to do it to cheat. This is on Mac as well, which I now has issues with building the mods. You should consider a debug tool that lets users put modifiers they want on their items for people that want to test or cheat.

What do you mean drop the item? Which mob does that? Is it by another mod?
It was a mob from other mod, i think. If he hits me, it has a chance to drop the item from my inventory. I just dont know if it drops or removes and creates another item.

Great mod, but could you add a config options for the modifiers? (specifically, the one that gives +30% damage but makes you cursed)
I really hate how it does that, as it makes you constantly lose HP and I keep getting it on pickaxes; so I'd like to totally disable it.

Crit Chance doesnt seem to be working right. Or im just understanding it wrong. I currently have over +100% Crit Chance on my Accessory modifiers and i only crit like 1/10 hits on average.
Also when i have all my +Crit Chance stuff equipped and look at my wpn the Crit chance on the tooltip doesnt change.

Edit: did a bit more testing and it seems like "Ranged, Melee, Magic, etc" Crit Chance works but theres a modifier that just says "Crit Chance" and that doesnt appear to work so im thinking its giving accessories the "Crit Chance" Modifier that only weapons are suppose to get

Last edited:
Hello,
I recently decided to download your mod (among others) an d made a new world. and. i think it's stuck? is the "generating modifiers for generated items" bit from your mod? If so, I'm wondering if it's a modding issue that's making it hang (like doesn't work with one of the mods, but I believe they said works with calamity,thorium,spirits, elements awoken).. or is it a hardware issue causing the stuck? I say it's stuck because it's been at the same progress bit for..... 30 minutes and counting.

any help or ideas would be wonderful. and I will gladly give any pertinent info needed to suss out the problem.

EDIT: well, seems that rebooting terraria did the trick because it completed the modification status on both a small (did medium first time) and then on a medium world. weird little fluke.

Last edited:
Gotta say I prefer this mod over "Path of Modifiers", however I prefer PoM's rerolling, the dice system mentioned in OP hasn't been seen or heard of in ages, will it happen? Not a fan of reforging and having to skip potential great modifiers because the reforge stat was wrong, so for now I reforge until desired result and then use an item frame to reroll the modded stats, that is however a bit tedious :p

And regarding the latest patch notes about minion projectiles and body hit effects; got a character with little crimson blobs (not crimslime, might be the bloodclot from Calamity, I can't remember the exact weapon right now) that fly around doing contact damage. They don't trigger confusion from their own staff, no matter if I'm holding it or not, nor do they trigger status effects from any other tool/weapon I try to hold. Is this something that the other modder has to adjust for compatability or something that should be brought up here? (If so, I just brought it up :p)

Love the mod! Just hoping for a more intuitive reroll system to go with it ^^

Hello,
I recently decided to download your mod (among others) an d made a new world. and. i think it's stuck? is the "generating modifiers for generated items" bit from your mod? If so, I'm wondering if it's a modding issue that's making it hang (like doesn't work with one of the mods, but I believe they said works with calamity,thorium,spirits, elements awoken).. or is it a hardware issue causing the stuck? I say it's stuck because it's been at the same progress bit for..... 30 minutes and counting.

any help or ideas would be wonderful. and I will gladly give any pertinent info needed to suss out the problem.

EDIT: well, seems that rebooting terraria did the trick because it completed the modification status on both a small (did medium first time) and then on a medium world. weird little fluke.
Odd.

Gotta say I prefer this mod over "Path of Modifiers", however I prefer PoM's rerolling, the dice system mentioned in OP hasn't been seen or heard of in ages, will it happen? Not a fan of reforging and having to skip potential great modifiers because the reforge stat was wrong, so for now I reforge until desired result and then use an item frame to reroll the modded stats, that is however a bit tedious :p

And regarding the latest patch notes about minion projectiles and body hit effects; got a character with little crimson blobs (not crimslime, might be the bloodclot from Calamity, I can't remember the exact weapon right now) that fly around doing contact damage. They don't trigger confusion from their own staff, no matter if I'm holding it or not, nor do they trigger status effects from any other tool/weapon I try to hold. Is this something that the other modder has to adjust for compatability or something that should be brought up here? (If so, I just brought it up :p)

Yes it is happening, I have just been very busy for the last few months. It might happen sometime soon. For minions I don't know, it works with various vanilla mobs doing contact damage. If it's a modded minion, I usually can't do much about that.
[doublepost=1530731796,1530731765][/doublepost]
Crit Chance doesnt seem to be working right. Or im just understanding it wrong. I currently have over +100% Crit Chance on my Accessory modifiers and i only crit like 1/10 hits on average.
Also when i have all my +Crit Chance stuff equipped and look at my wpn the Crit chance on the tooltip doesnt change.

Edit: did a bit more testing and it seems like "Ranged, Melee, Magic, etc" Crit Chance works but theres a modifier that just says "Crit Chance" and that doesnt appear to work so im thinking its giving accessories the "Crit Chance" Modifier that only weapons are suppose to get
Yes theres something odd going on with crit, it also rolls on non weapons and stuff I will have to do some investigating soon.
[doublepost=1530731814][/doublepost]
stopped working for me very recently.
Can you elaborate? How it/what stopped working?

Odd.

Yes it is happening, I have just been very busy for the last few months. It might happen sometime soon. For minions I don't know, it works with various vanilla mobs doing contact damage. If it's a modded minion, I usually can't do much about that.
[doublepost=1530731796,1530731765][/doublepost]
Yes theres something odd going on with crit, it also rolls on non weapons and stuff I will have to do some investigating soon.
[doublepost=1530731814][/doublepost]
Can you elaborate? How it/what stopped working?

I think I need to give you screenshots and give you more info. I don't understand why it isn't, and it's spotty. Hard to explain. I think I'll play for a few hours and give you a DM with some pics

Yeah I had a feeling that might be the case, modded minions and the throwing damage system seem to be particularly temperamental little buggers.
Noticed the Throwing Expansion mod had a similar thing where some accessories (20% chance to throw 1-2 extra projectiles specifically in this case) only worked on throwing weapons from the same mod, and not on vanilla/other mods' throwing weapons.
Glad to know the rerolling is still in the works, take your time with it, better that it works properly than being rushed, not to mention RL takes priority, I just wanted to know that it wasn't an abandoned system :)

Few small questions, not looking for detailed formulas, just being a bit curious;
  • How does +% work here? The Terraria Wiki mentions 132% crit cap for melee in vanilla, meaning it seems to be additive. However your mod seems to be multiplicative, based on the amount of crits I saw compared to the modded bonuses. Or am I seeing crit where I shouldn't be seeing it? Since you said something's going on with it recently. If so I might've tested it with less crit chance than I thought I had if it wasn't working as intended.
  • Is the "chance to cheat death" modifier checked once per piece, per line, or just once based on the total amount of the stat that you have? (And is this an additive or multiplicative stat?)

Yeah I had a feeling that might be the case, modded minions and the throwing damage system seem to be particularly temperamental little buggers.
Noticed the Throwing Expansion mod had a similar thing where some accessories (20% chance to throw 1-2 extra projectiles specifically in this case) only worked on throwing weapons from the same mod, and not on vanilla/other mods' throwing weapons.
Glad to know the rerolling is still in the works, take your time with it, better that it works properly than being rushed, not to mention RL takes priority, I just wanted to know that it wasn't an abandoned system :)

Few small questions, not looking for detailed formulas, just being a bit curious;
  • How does +% work here? The Terraria Wiki mentions 132% crit cap for melee in vanilla, meaning it seems to be additive. However your mod seems to be multiplicative, based on the amount of crits I saw compared to the modded bonuses. Or am I seeing crit where I shouldn't be seeing it? Since you said something's going on with it recently. If so I might've tested it with less crit chance than I thought I had if it wasn't working as intended.
  • Is the "chance to cheat death" modifier checked once per piece, per line, or just once based on the total amount of the stat that you have? (And is this an additive or multiplicative stat?)
There is basically 2 crit stats: crit chance and crit multi
Crit multi will change the damage multiplicative after the hit is made.
Crit change simply adds additional crit chance to the stat, for example magic crit would add X percent to player.magicCrit (which I believe all stats have a base cc of 4%)
Chance to cheat death is added together, it works like any other player stat (such as magicCrit) and it currently caps at 50%

There is basically 2 crit stats: crit chance and crit multi
Crit multi will change the damage multiplicative after the hit is made.
Crit change simply adds additional crit chance to the stat, for example magic crit would add X percent to player.magicCrit (which I believe all stats have a base cc of 4%)
Chance to cheat death is added together, it works like any other player stat (such as magicCrit) and it currently caps at 50%
Yeah 4% is the base, the reason I'm asking is because I had around 40% crit added from your modifiers when testing (making sure it was either "pure" +crit or +magic crit for this test since it was on a magic weapon), with a mythical modifier on the weapon it should be around 50% crit, but I still only saw crits every 4-5 shots or so, not every 2-3 which the average would suggest. But you mentioned something about the +crit (the "pure") modifier acting up right now, so my guess is that the crit chance was lower than it made me think since only the +magic crit was actually working.

Thank you for clearing up the cheat death modifier, I know it's not a huge deal how it's handled but I couldn't help being curious. And great to know there's a cap on it as well.

Great job on the mod, and thank you for taking the time to answer possibly silly questions! :)

Yeah 4% is the base, the reason I'm asking is because I had around 40% crit added from your modifiers when testing (making sure it was either "pure" +crit or +magic crit for this test since it was on a magic weapon), with a mythical modifier on the weapon it should be around 50% crit, but I still only saw crits every 4-5 shots or so, not every 2-3 which the average would suggest. But you mentioned something about the +crit (the "pure") modifier acting up right now, so my guess is that the crit chance was lower than it made me think since only the +magic crit was actually working.

Thank you for clearing up the cheat death modifier, I know it's not a huge deal how it's handled but I couldn't help being curious. And great to know there's a cap on it as well.

Great job on the mod, and thank you for taking the time to answer possibly silly questions! :)
50% crit does not necessarily mean you will always crit every 2 hits. Any given sample size is probably too low to show a true 50% chance. I'm fairly sure you just got unlucky. Either way now that I'm back I'll be working on the mod again, and bugs may be squashed.

50% crit does not necessarily mean you will always crit every 2 hits. Any given sample size is probably too low to show a true 50% chance. I'm fairly sure you just got unlucky. Either way now that I'm back I'll be working on the mod again, and bugs may be squashed.
Yeah I know, probability =/= guarantee :p However the point was more that there should have been more crits showing than there actually were at that time, and honestly when I changed "+crit%" to "+magic crit%" I did see a noticeable increase of flashy numbers on the screen. Looking forward to seeing your progress! :)

Back
Top Bottom