tModLoader Even More Modifiers Relaunch Beta

Possible glitch/incompatibility report: I've been using this mod in my modded melee playthrough. The only accessories mods I have are AntiSocial and MoreAccesories+. I am using Calamity and Thorium (Calamity adds an extra accessory slot item that drops from Moon Lord, but I did not use it because it doesn't work with my mods) on an Expert mode world where I use the 6th accessory slot given by Wall of Flesh.

I have an issue that I have somewhat convincingly rooted back to this mod. Essentially, I was fighting enemies and bosses when my hits started to do an incredibly disproportionate amount of damage (sometimes over 200k with a weapon whose damage is less than 1000). I fought Skeletron but accidentally killed him instantly because of this glitch, and the same issue came up once more with a more recent boss. The issue fixed itself after Skeletron when I disabled one of my mods (Yet Another Boss Health Bar Mod). However, just today I was playing when I started to do broken amounts of damage again. I went through and disabled some of my mods to determine which one is the cause of it. I disabled AntiSocial and MoreAccessories+ which seemed to fix it, but then I re-enabled AntiSocial and the issue arose once more. It seemed that depending on which accessories I had in my active slots and which I had in my vanity slots made a difference on whether or not the issue resulted (AntiSocial makes it such that both vanity and active accessory slots are active, so that you can have twice the number of accessories), so I did some tests to identify which accessory, in particular, was causing the issue. For the sake of brevity, I won't go on and on about what all I did to attempt to recreate this issue, but I believe I was quite thorough. The issue came up again during one of my tests and I decided to disable Even More Modifiers (my initial reason for trying to identify which accessory was causing an issue was to see if perhaps there was a glitched Even More Modifiers modifier on an accessory that has been causing the issue). In conclusion, I disabled this mod, Even More Modifiers, and the issue seems to have gone away. Could you please give me your feedback and opinion on this? I love this mod but I am 60% sure that this might be causing an issue for me. Perhaps it is an incompatibility with one of my accessories mods (AntiSocial or MoreAccessories+), because I never found the issue to come up when I had EMM enabled with no accessories mods.

I know that I wrote a mini-wall-of-text, but my gut feeling tells me that there is an inconsistency with using EMM and AntiSocial that is causing me to do broken amounts of damage. However, you would have a better understanding because you coded EMM, so I will eagerly await your response.
@Jofairden

No need to ping him, dude, especially when you clearly didn't read the thread before this. Antisocial has big issues with this mod.

What's the cap for +%crit chance? I got a +59%crit chance modifier which is pretty op if you ask me.
[doublepost=1533815452,1533815296][/doublepost]Also, how do you obtain the re-roll cubes?

Possible glitch/incompatibility report: I've been using this mod in my modded melee playthrough. The only accessories mods I have are AntiSocial and MoreAccesories+. I am using Calamity and Thorium (Calamity adds an extra accessory slot item that drops from Moon Lord, but I did not use it because it doesn't work with my mods) on an Expert mode world where I use the 6th accessory slot given by Wall of Flesh.

I have an issue that I have somewhat convincingly rooted back to this mod. Essentially, I was fighting enemies and bosses when my hits started to do an incredibly disproportionate amount of damage (sometimes over 200k with a weapon whose damage is less than 1000). I fought Skeletron but accidentally killed him instantly because of this glitch, and the same issue came up once more with a more recent boss. The issue fixed itself after Skeletron when I disabled one of my mods (Yet Another Boss Health Bar Mod). However, just today I was playing when I started to do broken amounts of damage again. I went through and disabled some of my mods to determine which one is the cause of it. I disabled AntiSocial and MoreAccessories+ which seemed to fix it, but then I re-enabled AntiSocial and the issue arose once more. It seemed that depending on which accessories I had in my active slots and which I had in my vanity slots made a difference on whether or not the issue resulted (AntiSocial makes it such that both vanity and active accessory slots are active, so that you can have twice the number of accessories), so I did some tests to identify which accessory, in particular, was causing the issue. For the sake of brevity, I won't go on and on about what all I did to attempt to recreate this issue, but I believe I was quite thorough. The issue came up again during one of my tests and I decided to disable Even More Modifiers (my initial reason for trying to identify which accessory was causing an issue was to see if perhaps there was a glitched Even More Modifiers modifier on an accessory that has been causing the issue). In conclusion, I disabled this mod, Even More Modifiers, and the issue seems to have gone away. Could you please give me your feedback and opinion on this? I love this mod but I am 60% sure that this might be causing an issue for me. Perhaps it is an incompatibility with one of my accessories mods (AntiSocial or MoreAccessories+), because I never found the issue to come up when I had EMM enabled with no accessories mods.

I know that I wrote a mini-wall-of-text, but my gut feeling tells me that there is an inconsistency with using EMM and AntiSocial that is causing me to do broken amounts of damage. However, you would have a better understanding because you coded EMM, so I will eagerly await your response.
Listen to the other guy. AntiSocial ad MoreAccessories+ both likely cause lots of bugs with this mod, despite my efforts to try to resolve them.

What's the cap for +%crit chance? I got a +59%crit chance modifier which is pretty op if you ask me.
[doublepost=1533815452,1533815296][/doublepost]Also, how do you obtain the re-roll cubes?
The cap right now is 10f + 5 * (item.rare + 1) but please keep in mind the mod has not gone into content in balancing stages yet, which means that the numbers of modifiers will likely change.

Really waiting for more cubes that will customize rolls and etc, 'cuz it's really boring to use 1500 cubes just to get fine modifiers on new set of armor

On the topic of customizing rolls, i think objects that add specific modifiers would be a welcome addition. Likely sold in a shop, though i'm not sure that modded playthroughs need more NPCs to house.

It says this is a beta in the title right, because I've been having the weirdest glitch where any projectile, or modded item regardless of projectiles does north of 3000 damage at least, once i fired an enchanted sword and the projectile did 88000 damage, and its the worst thing ever when you're actually trying to play legit or do a serious playthrough, i was thinking i was about to give up when i had the suspicion it was this mod, surely enough i disabled it and the glitch went away, so i sincerely hope you can fix this glitch because i loved this mod
[doublepost=1535235855,1535235785][/doublepost]Nevermind it's just an antisocial glitch, how could i have been so foolish this entire time, welp sorry for not reading and giving you guys trouble
[doublepost=1535236311][/doublepost]However, for any of you people who do want to use these together, i found out that using cheatsheet to increase the accessory slots you have will not trigger the glitch, it may feel cheaty, and a little tempting to just take items from the item browser, but i have self control, and if you do too then this is the solution for you

2 Questions that I cant seem to find an answer to.
1: Is this mod MP ready yet?
2: Are the cubes dropping from normal enemies now?
Sorry if its a dumb question, 2 AM and reading through patchnotes I cant find any info on either

2 Questions that I cant seem to find an answer to.
1: Is this mod MP ready yet?
2: Are the cubes dropping from normal enemies now?
Sorry if its a dumb question, 2 AM and reading through patchnotes I cant find any info on either
Yes works in MP pretty much fully (dont know of any MP specific issues) and no, they do not drop they are currently sold at a very low price by the wizard npc.

What if the cube of sealing locked in a specific modifier instead of the entire item, so then when we re-roll the item that sealed modifier doesn't change. Just a thought.

terraria help pls.jpg

Game crashes whenever I put an item into the Poor Cube.
Game also crashes when I click on the red button in the Poor Cube without any item in the cube slot.

View attachment 208696
Game crashes whenever I put an item into the Poor Cube.
Game also crashes when I click on the red button in the Poor Cube without any item in the cube slot.
Try installing .NET Framework 4.5
[doublepost=1536398431,1536398393][/doublepost]
What if the cube of sealing locked in a specific modifier instead of the entire item, so then when we re-roll the item that sealed modifier doesn't change. Just a thought.
Something like that would become possible in the future. That would be too powerful for that cube, at least it's not intended to work like that.

Small bugs, though I'm not sure if they're just mod incompatibilities (or tMod limitations):
- Cursed items don't apply a health debuff while held in the cursor
- NPCs seem to benefit from modifiers (Guide was seen applying debuffs of held weapon)

Hey all,

Small update. Life's been busy, I cannot work on this mod actively a lot, but I try to put some time in when I can.
Recently I moved the documentation pages to a much more 'official'/stable place: https://evenmoremodifiers.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
(these are mostly meant for guides so people can learn how to use the system)

I just want you to know that, the mod is still not done. Thank you all for your feedback so far. Here is what I currently have in mind, that should be make relatively 'soon':

1. More dynamic code for cubes, that allows custom behavior for different cubes. As I promised, there would be many different kinds of rerolling cubes.
  2. A prioritization system for ModifierEffects' delegation system (don't look into this one unless you want a headache) This will allow more control over delegation prioritization
  3. Support for putting wings into EMM UI while using WingSlot mod. The author recently added something to WingSlot that allows me to do this.
  4. A first introduction of the LUCK stat, where it actually does something.
  5. Allow more control over how modifiers can generate on items (worldgen)
There is more in the back of my mind planned, but not all I can promise relatively soon.

Even More Modifiers updated to v0.1.1.0!

Documentation updated: https://evenmoremodifiers.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

Changelog:

• Luck stat is now semi functional
    • Every 2 luck adds an additional roll to a magnitude being roll. The highest roll will be used. This means you will roll more powerful stats.
    • Every 1 luck increases the lower bound for magnitudes by 1%, increasing the baseline of power you will roll.
  • Now that 'delegation prioritization' is implemented, modifiers can now be properly prioritized. This means that effects such as multipliers will happen last, instead of somewhere random. Example:
    • Base 10 damage. * 100% = 20 damage, + 50 damage = 70 damage (old)
    • Base 10 damage. + 50 = 60 damage * 100% = 120 damage (new)
    • This means modifiers now apply properly
    • This means the following important fixes apply:
      • % chance to dodge now happens before mana shield damage mitigation
      • % chance to survive now happens after mitigation (like mana shield)
      • Any multipliers in right now are prioritized last so they take full effect
  • Added a way for cubes to influence how modifiers can be rolled. For now, this means the following:
    • Poor Cube only ever rolls up to 2 modifiers, and always at random
    • Black Cube always roll 4 modifiers, can roll stronger modifiers and makes you slightly luckier when rolling
  • Highlighted important features for cubes

With the latest changes to luk, it definitely is possible you roll really overpowered stats. I know about this, this will definitely be adressed once I start looking into balance and adding more content.

If you want to know more about the new features,
read this: https://evenmoremodifiers.readthedo...effect.html#delegationprioritizationattribute
and see this: https://github.com/Jofairden/EvenMoreModifiers/blob/rework/Core/Cubes/BlackCube.cs#L28

Back
Top Bottom