tModLoader Even More Modifiers Relaunch Beta

Odd behavior: Coins and Vanity can roll modifiers. Obviously a harmless bug, but they cannot be benefited from.
Thanks for reporting.

I was just using this mod and for some reason when i used the prefix that takes mana away instead of hp it bugged out when i died so i had negative mana, when i took all accsessories with the prefix nothing was bugged, later i made magic cuffs and it had that prefix, so what happened was it regenerated the mana and i took mana damage equally so i never lost health or mana so thats broken please fix thats way too op.
Thanks I'll have to look into this for sure

So, I tested again and apperantly, it does not delete the modifiers anymore. I tried more and more testing, but it seems that I was wrong. I probably just have mixed up some weapons...hehe.
Anyways, other than that, it's working flawlessly. Good job!

So, I tested again and apperantly, it does not delete the modifiers anymore. I tried more and more testing, but it seems that I was wrong. I probably just have mixed up some weapons...hehe.
Anyways, other than that, it's working flawlessly. Good job!
Alright

I found an oddity where it rolled random modifiers on a group of silver bullets I got from breaking a vase.
Yeah, known. Thanks for reporting.

Loving it, do have to say that I rather preferred being able to reroll with dice as it meant you didn't have to return to the tinkerer everytime. It also made re-rolling quickly easier.

Is the Luck stat still used?
The LUK stat is implemented, however doesn't influence anything yet. Getting yourself a lot of it will be really nice once it does though.

Love the mod, although I would like to be able to roll the modded modifiers separately from the normal prefixes.
This will be possible with the new system as described in the main post. What you have here is an early version where it is not implemented yet.

I installed this and rolled certain items dozens of times and got LOADS of 1% chance modifiers.

Really? 1%?
Is this supposed to be possible?

uh
crits are WAY overpowered with this mod
It was already reported, the damage modifier buff for crits was broken (but I fixed it already)
So in the next version, they should be Ok

adding on to this, weapons/armor/ammo produced in a magic storage crafting interface don't get modifiers from this mod
I'll talk with this with blushie, I don't know how that interface works

I installed this and rolled certain items dozens of times and got LOADS of 1% chance modifiers.

Really? 1%?
Is this supposed to be possible?
Yeah I noticed myself. It is possible, it just means I'll need to adjust the ranges. You're primarily talking about the modifiers that can cause x debuff right?

It was already reported, the damage modifier buff for crits was broken (but I fixed it already)

Yeah I noticed myself. It is possible, it just means I'll need to adjust the ranges. You're primarily talking about the modifiers that can cause x debuff right?
thanks

nice mod so far, though I have found three issues, at least in my eyes.
first off, I got really unlucky when starting off. I tossed my starting gear on the floor and picked it back up to get modifiers. both my pickaxe and axe got damage for mana modifiers, which made them pretty much unusable as I could only swing then a couple times before running out of mana. tools are generally not meant to do much damage in the first place, so I would just prevent them from getting that modifier at all.
even if you have max mana, having to stop often when mining just because you got unlucky on your pickaxe is not a good thing.

the other is a modifier I got on a chestplate, giving 12% chance to survive lethal blows. even if this is the highest this modifier can go, taking the rules of the previous version of this mod (60% modifier strength on accessories) and extra accessory slots (expert mode, post ML calamity, wing slots, other stuff) and even the 20% upshot of high luck modifier rolling, this could very easily make you completely immortal.

thorium weapons are a bit off. so far it seems like bard weapons can get modifiers, while healing weapons cant.

on the topic of status infliction, maybe base it off of the weapons base damage? getting only a few percent chance to poison something still means a decent increase in average DPS if your weapon is for example a wooden boomerang, while your solar eruption hits twice a second for massive damage so anything below massive infliction chance is pointless.
you could give it one percent average chance for every 3 base damage, with usual modifier variance.

Last edited:

I believe so, yeah.

Though, TBH, I didn't get any other modifiers at all. I used the mod on an existing world though so it might have something to do with trying to modify content that I had prior to installing the mod.

You can reroll modifiers for free with item frames, works with any item that can recieve a mod modifier, I think this is somewhat acceptable untill the Specific reroll system comes since youd be SOL if you got Unreal/Legendary/Mythical with trashy modifiers from this mod

Bug: Thorns doesnt work along with some other modifiers, ill be sure to look more into it as I play :)

EDIT: Id also like to know how the Defense stat works for this mod? Does it add % amt of Defense to your max?

Last edited:
This was the first Terraria mod I ever installed - so glad to see it up and running again.

I have a few comments/questions: Are items meant to be re-rolled after dropping them at death? I remember it working that way when I first got the mod, but I thought maybe it was occurring because of a conflict with another mod. Now it's happening again (I'm running Thorium, Calamity, and some QoL mods.)

Only other thing I've noticed is that my Quick Skyfringe Pickaxe jumped from +13% speed to +73% by rolling a +8% speed [Uncommon] modifier. The result was scary and hilarious, but obviously a bug.

Edit: Rolled the pickaxe again and it's still mining at super speed, even though I got a non-speed modifier and the animation is going at normal speed now.

Edit 2: Tried a different pickaxe and it's also super-sonic mining... uh oh.

Edit 3: Figured it out! My Thorium armor had +5% mining speed. When I took that off, the pick functioned normally.

Last edited:
nice mod so far, though I have found three issues, at least in my eyes.
first off, I got really unlucky when starting off. I tossed my starting gear on the floor and picked it back up to get modifiers. both my pickaxe and axe got damage for mana modifiers, which made them pretty much unusable as I could only swing then a couple times before running out of mana. tools are generally not meant to do much damage in the first place, so I would just prevent them from getting that modifier at all.
even if you have max mana, having to stop often when mining just because you got unlucky on your pickaxe is not a good thing.

the other is a modifier I got on a chestplate, giving 12% chance to survive lethal blows. even if this is the highest this modifier can go, taking the rules of the previous version of this mod (60% modifier strength on accessories) and extra accessory slots (expert mode, post ML calamity, wing slots, other stuff) and even the 20% upshot of high luck modifier rolling, this could very easily make you completely immortal.

thorium weapons are a bit off. so far it seems like bard weapons can get modifiers, while healing weapons cant.

on the topic of status infliction, maybe base it off of the weapons base damage? getting only a few percent chance to poison something still means a decent increase in average DPS if your weapon is for example a wooden boomerang, while your solar eruption hits twice a second for massive damage so anything below massive infliction chance is pointless.
you could give it one percent average chance for every 3 base damage, with usual modifier variance.
Hey, thanks for the feedback! I agree that getting a mana on use modifier on your tools early would be extremely annoying, so I take that feedback to heart and might make those unavailable for tools.

For the lethal blows, yeah 12% sounds like a lot. I will probably tune it so the cap is lower per piece, though increasable if you have high LUK stat. There will most likely be a hardcap on this stat.

For thorium weapons, the reason might be because healing weapons don't deal any damage? ( Not sure )
There is no other reason why they wouldn't roll. Some modifiers check for specific damage types (item.melee for example), so if these bard items don't have any vanilla damage type set and/or have no damage it probably doesn't find any applicable modifiers.

For status infliction I was thinking the same thing, balancing will always be hard though. Thanks for the feedback

You can reroll modifiers for free with item frames, works with any item that can recieve a mod modifier, I think this is somewhat acceptable untill the Specific reroll system comes since youd be SOL if you got Unreal/Legendary/Mythical with trashy modifiers from this mod

Bug: Thorns doesnt work along with some other modifiers, ill be sure to look more into it as I play :)

EDIT: Id also like to know how the Defense stat works for this mod? Does it add % amt of Defense to your max?
The % defense boosts adds that amount to your defense. If you have a 50% boost and you have 10 defense, you will be granted 5 extra defense. For item frames, I don't think I can do much about them. They're bugged for all things mods. I believe yorai fixed them along with armor dummies in 1.3.6 I'll have to look into thorns

I have a few comments/questions: Are items meant to be re-rolled after dropping them at death? I remember it working that way when I first got the mod, but I thought maybe it was occurring because of a conflict with another mod. Now it's happening again (I'm running Thorium, Calamity, and some QoL mods.)
No that should not be possible, likely this will get fixed when I look into MP issues.

For thorium weapons, the reason might be because healing weapons don't deal any damage? ( Not sure )
There is no other reason why they wouldn't roll. Some modifiers check for specific damage types (item.melee for example), so if these bard items don't have any vanilla damage type set and/or have no damage it probably doesn't find any applicable modifiers.
thorium uses two new damage types
healing weapons deal radiant damage (if they deal damage at all and not just heal/buff) and bard weapons deal symphonic damage.
so far I only picked up one healing weapon that only buffs, this one: https://thoriummod.gamepedia.com/Fortifying_Wand
I was hoping for some generic speed boost modifier at least, but I can understand that this isnt recognized.
the bard weapon was this: https://thoriummod.gamepedia.com/Wooden_Whistle
I got it with the demonic prefix and modifiers that added 1% chance for cursed inferno and 10% velocity.
maybe this info helps.

I was messing around with item frames to quickly explore what modifiers are available, so I got some more feedback.
flight time modifiers show up even early on. this is fine, but maybe make them more useful early on by having them also buff basic jumping?
knockback immunity modifiers seem to count as three modifiers, intentional or bug?

Back
Top Bottom