tModLoader Even More Modifiers Relaunch Beta

There is a bug with %speed on weapons; the speed gradually goes faster and faster until something like this happens:

upload_2018-4-18_16-35-25.png

and this is what it looks like:

https://i.imgur.com/aWWYrqm.gifv

The speed is astonishingly fast and increased until it felt like a minishark.

I don't have any mining speed on any accessories and this also happened to anything else that happened with a %speed line (ex: My Silver Axe swung so fast it stayed on one frame, while the sound went drastically fast and obliterated trees)

I'm not sure how to recreate but every time I dragged the bow out and used it with my mouse (not by hotbar) the speed would jump tiers.

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-18_16-35-23.png
    upload_2018-4-18_16-35-23.png
    85 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
How does one re-roll armor prefixes, it's from the goblin tinker right? I can not put armor in the reforge slot from him for the time being

There is a bug with %speed on weapons; the speed gradually goes faster and faster until something like this happens:

View attachment 198717

and this is what it looks like:

https://i.imgur.com/aWWYrqm.gifv

The speed is astonishingly fast and increased until it felt like a minishark.

I don't have any mining speed on any accessories and this also happened to anything else that happened with a %speed line (ex: My Silver Axe swung so fast it stayed on one frame, while the sound went drastically fast and obliterated trees)

I'm not sure how to recreate but every time I dragged the bow out and used it with my mouse (not by hotbar) the speed would jump tiers.
Yep known. I have already fixed for next version.

How does one re-roll armor prefixes, it's from the goblin tinker right? I can not put armor in the reforge slot from him for the time being
For now, u need to put them in an item frame and when the come out they can roll new mods. In the next update you can put it in the tinkerer slot.

I don't know if this is intended, but I thought not. I was able to roll flight time mod on an accessory twice.

I don't know if this is intended, but I thought not. I was able to roll flight time mod on an accessory twice.
Yes intended. Mods can roll multiple times. The idea is that when it rolls multiple times, it will get a special icon and the tooltips merge. I haven't created this functionality yet though.

Yes intended. Mods can roll multiple times. The idea is that when it rolls multiple times, it will get a special icon and the tooltips merge. I haven't created this functionality yet though.

Okay, that's an awesome idea. Love it. Thank you.

I noticed that if you are using the portable storage mod any item that is picked up by the quantum storage bag will not roll any modifiers unless you physically throw them on the ground yourself.

Not really a big deal, just a minor comparability issue. Thought I'd report it for thoroughness. If you are interested in working on the issue at some point I could ping the author of Portable Storage if you like?

Just updated to v0.0.10.7!
See the changelogs for this version here.

Major:
FIXED load issues, FIXED bugged tooltips, armors now rollable at tinkerer!

• Rerolling ARMOR items at the tinkerer is now possible
  • Fixed LOAD errors for characters (would often display a different mod, this mod was the culprit)
  • Fixed broken tooltips (such as +infinite mana)
  • Tooltips are now split from modifiers. This means the regular tooltip is showing only the bonuses received by the prefix of the item.
  • Fixed modifiers giving bonus crit and velocity
  • Illegitimate rolls are now automatically removed, this is mostly to fix load errors for players
  • Clarified DamageWithManaCost modifier tooltip "but added mana cost" => "but adds +{_manaCost} mana cost"
  • Clarified VelocityPlus modifier tooltip "velocity" => "projectile velocity"

I noticed that if you are using the portable storage mod any item that is picked up by the quantum storage bag will not roll any modifiers unless you physically throw them on the ground yourself.

Not really a big deal, just a minor comparability issue. Thought I'd report it for thoroughness. If you are interested in working on the issue at some point I could ping the author of Portable Storage if you like?
There is nothing much that can be done about it, apart from me adding some support to roll in a custom context, which then the portable storage mod would be using.

Hey Jofairden,

Loving the mod so far. I enjoy that the rolls you get on weapons are quite rarely optimal, and that unless you use item frames it's really quite hard to get a legendary vanilla enchant as well as some really good extra rolls. If you don't have unlimited funds or don't want to cheat, it kinda forces you to adjust your playstyle sometimes, which I think is an exceptional outcome.

I did find an issue however- and I'm not sure if this is intentional- when my weapons roll additional damage with mana cost, I can drain my mana entirely and it will not proc my mana flower effect to automatically use a mana potion. I'm using this mod alongside Calamity, and must concede that I am not using the actual mana flower trinket, but the upgraded version offered in Calamity, the Ethereal Talisman. I believe the effects should be analogous, however.
Is this behavior intentional? If so, with the way it's currently implemented, it doesn't seem very clear that it shouldn't work. The way mana flower and ethereal talisman read is "you automatically use mana potions when needed," which seems like it should apply to this case. In the event that it would work, (which I personally feel it should), it would definitely make additional mana cost a better outcome than "you are cursed." I'm not convinced that would be a bad thing, however it might not be your intention.

I eagerly await your response! Thanks for making this mod and making my gameplay more interesting!

Rhyne (Sage)

What if you kept certain modifiers locked to progression? Maybe certain vanilla(maybe mod support later) would unlock stronger and better modifiers for your tools/armor. Im just wondering because some of them seem kinda weak, from getting only things like 9 health regen per minute, to %1 crit chance on legendary rolls.

Could you consider adding Thorium damage modifiers (Symphonic and Radiant) to your mod if Thorium is enabled. That would be pretty nice. That is, of course, if it would not be too much of a hassle to code. I'm afraid I know nothing of coding and the difficulty of implementing such things.

Hey Jofairden,

Loving the mod so far. I enjoy that the rolls you get on weapons are quite rarely optimal, and that unless you use item frames it's really quite hard to get a legendary vanilla enchant as well as some really good extra rolls. If you don't have unlimited funds or don't want to cheat, it kinda forces you to adjust your playstyle sometimes, which I think is an exceptional outcome.

I did find an issue however- and I'm not sure if this is intentional- when my weapons roll additional damage with mana cost, I can drain my mana entirely and it will not proc my mana flower effect to automatically use a mana potion. I'm using this mod alongside Calamity, and must concede that I am not using the actual mana flower trinket, but the upgraded version offered in Calamity, the Ethereal Talisman. I believe the effects should be analogous, however.
Is this behavior intentional? If so, with the way it's currently implemented, it doesn't seem very clear that it shouldn't work. The way mana flower and ethereal talisman read is "you automatically use mana potions when needed," which seems like it should apply to this case. In the event that it would work, (which I personally feel it should), it would definitely make additional mana cost a better outcome than "you are cursed." I'm not convinced that would be a bad thing, however it might not be your intention.

I eagerly await your response! Thanks for making this mod and making my gameplay more interesting!

Rhyne (Sage)
Hmm odd. that is not intentional. The mod simply modifies item.mana so it should do that automatically. I'll find a way though

What if you kept certain modifiers locked to progression? Maybe certain vanilla(maybe mod support later) would unlock stronger and better modifiers for your tools/armor. Im just wondering because some of them seem kinda weak, from getting only things like 9 health regen per minute, to %1 crit chance on legendary rolls.
Progression-based unlocks are planned for the future. Also for legendary (or rarities in general), it doesnt really say much. Right now, every modifier has a static 'rarity level', if all of them added up match the required level for a rarity then it becomes that rarity. I think I might change it so that a rarity it rolled, ensuring that if you'd roll legendary, you'd at least get somewhat good rolls. Right now the rarity doesn't do anything.

Could you consider adding Thorium damage modifiers (Symphonic and Radiant) to your mod if Thorium is enabled. That would be pretty nice. That is, of course, if it would not be too much of a hassle to code. I'm afraid I know nothing of coding and the difficulty of implementing such things.
Afaik, thorium is making their own modifiers eventually (which would be active if you have both thorium and emm)

So I'm curious about this mod, thinking about adding it cause modifiers.. And modifiers are cool, but how does this work, does this work like Reforging or does it use something else?

Like my items already have good modifiers, but will I have to reforge them to get the additional modifiers or :)?

So I'm curious about this mod, thinking about adding it cause modifiers.. And modifiers are cool, but how does this work, does this work like Reforging or does it use something else?

Like my items already have good modifiers, but will I have to reforge them to get the additional modifiers or :)?

Yes, you have to reforge your items for the EMM modifiers, but it is well worth it. Especially it you land a good combination of modifiers.

This mod's probably my favorite modifier mod out there, even if it's unfinished. This will definitely be a "must-install" once we can lock in modifiers and the exploits are patched out.

Hello!
Really nice mod. I liked it even before relaunch and now even more.
I have one suggestion: Would it be possible to somehow disable rolling modifiers on starting gear? 3 of 5 characters I created had their axe and pickaxe rolled with added mana cost so I couldnt even start playing (8 mana per swing makes it impossible to chop down trees or mine anything).

Back
Top Bottom