tModLoader Even More Modifiers Relaunch Beta

So far, I have to say that I feel that many of the modifications are underwhelming. I've yet to hit a jackpot item so I cannot relate the experience of having the perfect modifiers on the ideal weapon as of yet.

Mods such as +x% damage during the day or night seem slightly arbitrary in the fact that half the time they will do absolutely nothing for you. I do like the idea of a counter balance to rolling a high straight damage modifier such as cursed though. I would like to see a high-end method of perhaps being able to remove the curse or to roll a high damage modifier without the curse though.

I think that the activation percentage of the debuffs minimum should be raised a bit. Getting a 1% chance to frost burn is rather negligible. Even a 5% minimum would at least make the modifier marginally useful. 20% chance (I think that is the highest I've seen) is rather good and seems like a pretty decent high end. I think much more would be vast increase in strength. I would even say that having the percentage minimum and maximum might be allotted a variance taking in consideration the base attack speed of a weapon. 20% chance on a minishark is far more effective than say 20% chance on a....I can't think of a really slow weapon at the moment, but you get the idea.

I really like the damage increase based on velocity and the increased velocity modifiers. If you get lucky enough to get two good rolls on these modifiers together it leads to some very satisfying ranged weapons. I think I managed to get a 18% velocity and 3.5x damage modifier based on velocity on a bow once. It seemed to be a very nice combination of modifiers.

I would like to see a wider array of debuffs available as well. There's a fellow named Kono that has a mod called Path of Modifiers that is shaping up nicely, though his mod is edging towards the side of being skewed a little too much to the high end.

Perhaps you might consider some level of collaboration with him. I believe some middle ground between Even More Modifiers and Path of Modifiers would be a very sweet spot for a modifier mod.

That being said, absolutely love your mod and forgive me if I sound overly critical. I always fret giving feedback, because I do not want to seem like I'm disparaging a mod creator. I'm very thankful for people such as yourself that give me more features and content for my favorite game without asking anything in return. Truly.

So far, I have to say that I feel that many of the modifications are underwhelming. I've yet to hit a jackpot item so I cannot relate the experience of having the perfect modifiers on the ideal weapon as of yet.

Mods such as +x% damage during the day or night seem slightly arbitrary in the fact that half the time they will do absolutely nothing for you. I do like the idea of a counter balance to rolling a high straight damage modifier such as cursed though. I would like to see a high-end method of perhaps being able to remove the curse or to roll a high damage modifier without the curse though.

I think that the activation percentage of the debuffs minimum should be raised a bit. Getting a 1% chance to frost burn is rather negligible. Even a 5% minimum would at least make the modifier marginally useful. 20% chance (I think that is the highest I've seen) is rather good and seems like a pretty decent high end. I think much more would be vast increase in strength. I would even say that having the percentage minimum and maximum might be allotted a variance taking in consideration the base attack speed of a weapon. 20% chance on a minishark is far more effective than say 20% chance on a....I can't think of a really slow weapon at the moment, but you get the idea.

I really like the damage increase based on velocity and the increased velocity modifiers. If you get lucky enough to get two good rolls on these modifiers together it leads to some very satisfying ranged weapons. I think I managed to get a 18% velocity and 3.5x damage modifier based on velocity on a bow once. It seemed to be a very nice combination of modifiers.

I would like to see a wider array of debuffs available as well. There's a fellow named Kono that has a mod called Path of Modifiers that is shaping up nicely, though his mod is edging towards the side of being skewed a little too much to the high end.

Perhaps you might consider some level of collaboration with him. I believe some middle ground between Even More Modifiers and Path of Modifiers would be a very sweet spot for a modifier mod.

That being said, absolutely love your mod and forgive me if I sound overly critical. I always fret giving feedback, because I do not want to seem like I'm disparaging a mod creator. I'm very thankful for people such as yourself that give me more features and content for my favorite game without asking anything in return. Truly.
Don't apologize lol, feedback is appreciated. The debuff chances are definitely way too low and will be changed. The specific modifiers (like night/day bonuses) will likely become stronger than usual ones, at the cost they require specifics to become active. For debuffs likely more will be added, keeping progression in mind (e.g. after some event you unlock more rolls) -> Same goes for other modifiers probably

Also for rerolling, read the main post. There will be a sort of cubing system that allows for much more customized rolling, it's not made yet though but planned

Hey just to let you know the mod isn't working on multiplayer i keep getting stuck at "Sending Player Data..." and that's as far as i get. I narrowed it down to the even more modifiers mod. Would of been nice to use it in multiplayer.

Hey just to let you know the mod isn't working on multiplayer i keep getting stuck at "Sending Player Data..." and that's as far as i get. I narrowed it down to the even more modifiers mod. Would of been nice to use it in multiplayer.

Yea I'm having the exact same problem as well for some reason. I always get stuck on "Sending Player Data..." every time, and after multiple attempts to work around it me and my friends have found no fix other than disabling the mod from the server.

Everyone, the MP issue is known to me. As well as something weird going on with item frames.
I will do some testing today, hopefully I can find all the issues and I will release an update right away. Stay tuned

Everyone, the MP issue is known to me. As well as something weird going on with item frames.
I will do some testing today, hopefully I can find all the issues and I will release an update right away. Stay tuned

Yeah, whenever I put an item in an item frame it corrupts my save. I don't think that has anything to do with Even More Modifiers though.

Yeah, whenever I put an item in an item frame it corrupts my save. I don't think that has anything to do with Even More Modifiers though.
They are generally bugged for anything modded (same with dummies)
Though in the next vanilla update, we can probably get them working for modded because their code is rewritten.

when i get a %boost of mining speed in my equipment it goes to the max (70%) even though it says x%. thorn doesn't seen to be working and ammo can get modifiers but only damage ones work and in addition to that the curse and mana prefixes wont use your life/mana but still give the ammo more damage. sorry for the bad english i'm brazilian

Just updated to v0.0.10.3!

In this update:
  • Added multiplayer compatibility
  • Buffed weapon debuff modifiers' apply chance
  • Fixed various issues with modifier properties
  • For now, the chance to roll a mod is now a static 50%. You will see more modifiers on your items. This is mostly for testing purposes. Getting multiple of the same modifiers is intentional, and for testing purposes
  • Fixed the mod giving +% mining speed
  • Fixed the mod giving +% thorns
  • Items that can stack can no longer roll mods (ammos, coins...)
  • Nothing much can be done (yet) about the item frames. You can abuse them now to reroll modifiers though, namely useful for armors which cannot be put into the tinkerer's slot.

For rolling mods, item.maxStack is checked. This means items like ammos and coins can no longer roll modifiers. But also stackable throwable weapons. This is because tML has no proper handling for stacking, so stacking with modded data is undefined behavior.

Brief showcase multiple debuff modifiers:
CkS7Czh.png

Last edited:
when i get a %boost of mining speed in my equipment it goes to the max (70%) even though it says x%. thorn doesn't seen to be working and ammo can get modifiers but only damage ones work and in addition to that the curse and mana prefixes wont use your life/mana but still give the ammo more damage. sorry for the bad english i'm brazilian
Yo, read the change log for last update. I fixed the thorns and mining speed.
That is odd by the way, I didnt have an isssue myself when I tested (with corrupting save)

there is a bug that allows a weapon to get the same modifier multiple time like the sword that i got: 49% chance to inflict in fire as the first modifier and 20% as the second not shure if it stacks though. sorry for bad english again.
[doublepost=1523746809,1523746536][/doublepost]now that it's easier to get more modifiers on a weapon getting legendary itens is pretty easy

hey right now the debuff modifiers are the most comon since there are so many debuffs. i think the chance to get debuffs should be lower. also you can get the hardmode debuffs on PH with the exception of venon

there is a bug that allows a weapon to get the same modifier multiple time like the sword that i got: 49% chance to inflict in fire as the first modifier and 20% as the second not shure if it stacks though. sorry for bad english again.
[doublepost=1523746809,1523746536][/doublepost]now that it's easier to get more modifiers on a weapon getting legendary itens is pretty easy
Well read the changelogs, this is intended
It is easier to hit legendary because you get lines much easier now, it is not permanent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom