tModLoader Even More Modifiers Relaunch Beta

Just updated to v0.1.0.0!
See the changelogs for this version here.

Some of the major new features are the sealing and rerolling UIs!

Locking modifiers to be unchangeable

Sealing cube UI is very tiny, and easy to use. Click the cube box to seal the modifiers of the inserted item!
One cube is consumed in the process

Rerolling modifiers with the new UI
The cube reroll UI is also very easy to use. Simply open the UI, and the cube you used is automatically selected. Insert your item and click the reforge icon below it to reroll the modifiers! One cube of the selected type is consumed in the process

For now, the cubes are sold at a fairly low price by the Wizard NPC.
Please read the full changelog for all details.

Future plans:
In the future, more variants of cubes will be introduced that cover new rolling mechanics. Cubes will have an upgrade mechanic.
A new type of item will be introduced called essences, which play part in rolling items as well as upgrading cubes.
Cubes will have a merging mechanic allowing to combine two cubes’ their rolling mechanic.

In one of the next update, the major focus will be adding many more modifiers and balance. This means many modifiers will probably change in terms of how they roll. It is likely that the current way of rolling modifiers will not yield as strong modifiers as they do now, but you will gain access to new more powerful sources of rolling modifiers as you progress in the game (such as stronger cubes)

If you have any ideas for future modifiers or rolling mechanics, feel free to let me know about them.

modded loot bags from Loot bags, Farg'os Mutant Mod, Antiaris now gives you items without opening(bags doesn't dissapearing, sorry for bad eng.)

Just updated to v0.1.0.1!

This quick update fixes some issues:

• Fixed unintended items not losing stack on right click (like goodie bags) This was a problem with left control right click functionality to put items in the UI. FML you actually need v0.1.0.2 i :red:in hate myself kthx
  • Fixed helper tooltip (click to take take item) to (click to take item)
  • Changed helper tooltip (control click to slot into UI) to (control right click to slot into UI)
  • Fixed losing mod data on rerolling an item using the cube UI
[doublepost=1530985994,1530985962][/doublepost]
modded loot bags from Loot bags, Farg'os Mutant Mod, Antiaris now gives you items without opening(bags doesn't dissapearing, sorry for bad eng.)
Thanks for reporting. It is fixed in the new update :)

Last edited:
Just updated to v0.1.0.2!

Yep. I actually fixed what I just said I fixed. (i :red:in hate code)
Thanks all for the reports that get me fixing these issues.

Why are the cubes so Cheap??... they should be a bit more expensive so people dont buy them in like heavy stacks of 999 otherwise its basically like super easy way to get a new modifier reroll instead of the goblin tinker. i say about...25 gold each at least

Hey, I'm loving the update, however I noticed the godly modifier receiving a -% critical strike chance.
7B1EA327689C0078E5C00D605AF65AF069E78287

Curious to know if this was intentional, because I don't believe I saw anything regarding that specifically. Hope to hear from you soon! :happy:

Why are the cubes so Cheap??... they should be a bit more expensive so people dont buy them in like heavy stacks of 999 otherwise its basically like super easy way to get a new modifier reroll instead of the goblin tinker. i say about...25 gold each at least
This mod is WIP, as many people forget often. I am still developing the mod, and the cubes are a new feature I want people to test. Their current place is not permanent.

Hey, I'm loving the update, however I noticed the godly modifier receiving a -% critical strike chance.
7B1EA327689C0078E5C00D605AF65AF069E78287

Curious to know if this was intentional, because I don't believe I saw anything regarding that specifically. Hope to hear from you soon! :happy:
God ... darn it. Look, the vanilla tooltip is so hard to recalculate something keeps going wrong :(
I'll have to look at it again.

No worries man! I'm doing alright so far, but noticed something off haha. Keep up the good work :D

OH I see whats going on. It's calculating percentage differences, but crit chance is just a % chance to crit. For example 10 to 20 damage is 100% increased damage. 5% to 10% crit the prefix just adds 5% crit chance, not 100%. I just need to calculate the difference between the numbers. LOL

Edit: fixed in next version.

Last edited:
OH I see whats going on. It's calculating percentage differences, but crit chance is just a % chance to crit. For example 10 to 20 damage is 100% increased damage. 5% to 10% crit the prefix just adds 5% crit chance, not 100%. I just need to calculate the difference between the numbers. LOL

Glad you were able to figure it out so quickly! Hope to see an update soon. :cool:

i think i found a bug. if a equipment piece has a modifier that adds any amount of "light" the lighting of the game looks weird and bugged

Immunity frames doesnt work, the more U have the more they can Attack, meaning U get DMG in Like 1 Sec and you die instantly

crit multiplier has a wierd interaction with the Antisocial Mod after I updated (cant remember what version I was using before, was earlier than v0.1 though), as soon as I equip even one crit multi accessory into my social slots my crits go bonkers, like bee's knees doing 500k crits at about 100 damage noncrit and it sticks until I relog without any crit multi equipped in the social slots

crit multiplier has a wierd interaction with the Antisocial Mod after I updated (cant remember what version I was using before, was earlier than v0.1 though), as soon as I equip even one crit multi accessory into my social slots my crits go bonkers, like bee's knees doing 500k crits at about 100 damage noncrit and it sticks until I relog without any crit multi equipped in the social slots
I have the same thing. Also my defense constantly goes up so I only take 1 damage Frome everything.

i think i found a bug. if a equipment piece has a modifier that adds any amount of "light" the lighting of the game looks weird and bugged
Im not having this bug, instead it is not working at all for me. Antisocial mod is bugging ALL items.
I have the same thing. Also my defense constantly goes up so I only take 1 damage Frome everything.
Anti social is bugging everything. I just tested it. Since that mod is not updated for over a year, I strongly advise not using it.

Well, it looks like a new system I had designed for the code didn't work exactly as intended, which was breaking things.
By the way, the mod is entirely broken with Anti-social. Do not use that mod in conjunction with this one (not my fault!!)

Thanks all for the quick reports! With quick reports I can fix bugs fast :))))

Just updated to v0.1.0.3!

General:
  • Crit chance in tooltips now fixed.
  • Made it so that, if a mod fails to roll the next mod is forced to succeed (as in, you do not roll the dice again for a chance to have it roll: it will always roll a new mod [this is a buff])
  • The chance on random debuff mod was changed slightly so that, when it rolls it will try to find an applicable debuff type that wasn't already rolled on the item. Previously the mod would simply not add itself if it rolled a debuff type that was already on the item, having you roll the rng dice again to roll a new mod.
  • Fixed many equip modifiers that were broken, it includes: crit multi, dodge chance, healthy foes bonus, immunity time, life regen, light, luck, mana shield, defense bonus and survival chance.

For modders:
  • ModifierContext, ModifierContextMethod, ModifierProperties and ModifierTooltipLine are now in separate files.
  • The modifier property 'MergeLines' has been removed, but may make it back in the future (wasn't doing anything yet anyway)
  • The modifier property 'UniqueRoll' was renamed to 'UniqueModifier', and it signifies that modifier is unique and can only be rolled once
  • Don't use the ModPlayer delegation for now...

Last edited:
I strongly dislike the cursed mod. It's especially brutal in the early game where you have no way to get around the drawback or reroll the affixes. The first two decent pickaxes I crafted this playthrough were cursed, which makes them practically unusable for mining underground. I ended up disabling the mod to get rid of those affixes just so I don't have to waste even more time farming resources for another chance to craft a usable pickaxe. The fact that the next one might also be cursed was more than enough to turn me off the mod.

I'll note that I also tried your mod a while back and removed it for the same reason. Gear-killing mods are no fun. I can work with an affix that lowers my damage, light radius, luck, or whatever else, but not with one that simply kills me if I use the item.

I strongly dislike the cursed mod. It's especially brutal in the early game where you have no way to get around the drawback or reroll the affixes. The first two decent pickaxes I crafted this playthrough were cursed, which makes them practically unusable for mining underground. I ended up disabling the mod to get rid of those affixes just so I don't have to waste even more time farming resources for another chance to craft a usable pickaxe. The fact that the next one might also be cursed was more than enough to turn me off the mod.

I'll note that I also tried your mod a while back and removed it for the same reason. Gear-killing mods are no fun. I can work with an affix that lowers my damage, light radius, luck, or whatever else, but not with one that simply kills me if I use the item.
Well, there is plenty of workarounds. First of all, the mod has been disabled to roll on generated player gear. Second of all, modifiers are perfectly rerollable in 2 different ways. The modifier can also be nullified by becoming curse immune (for example ankh shield)
Negative effects are part of the charm, it is unfortunate however that you do not like this part of the mod. Thanks for your feedback.

edit: Also to be noted, currently the modifiers roll on very high strength. In future updates I'll finally start on adding more content and balance, so hopefully things will be a lot better for you then.

The modifier can also be nullified by becoming curse immune (for example ankh shield)

There are plenty of ways around it late in the game. Like I said, my objection is mainly about the early game where there's nothing you can do to mitigate the extreme drawback. It can take ages to find enough ore to craft a decent pickaxe. If that rolls cursed, you might as well throw it in the trash.

There are plenty of ways around it late in the game. Like I said, my objection is mainly about the early game where there's nothing you can do to mitigate the extreme drawback. It can take ages to find enough ore to craft a decent pickaxe. If that rolls cursed, you might as well throw it in the trash.
Well I will be adding the cubes as a random drop in the future update which will help with this problem. The cube can reroll the mods. Dont get me wrong, I'm taking your feedback to heart. Im considering having the dangerous modifiers be locked behind WoF kill.

Back
Top Bottom