tModLoader Even More Modifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yea, did a bit more with the mod, and noticed a bug with the working version, items with the common rarity and no modded prefixes can be thrown to reroll its prefixes if you exit and re-enter a world, therefore if i say craft a item that doesnt get a prefix, i can simply exit, re-join, throw the item, and be able to get prefixes, its only with common rarity from what ive seen so far.
Yep, I'm aware of this - the current version doesn't save item info if it doesn't have any modifiers. It's fixed for the next version, for which I'm currently trying to wrap up multiplayer support. As it is, modifiers aren't synced between clients and the server.

All the weapons for me have the same stats and all blocks have stats and all accessories has stats.

What did i do wrong?

Reminds me of Maplestory's potential system. Is this mod only compatible with certain mods or can it be used on its own?

Heads up, all. I've discovered a pretty serious, but easily avoidable, issue. If you try to save and leave the game when any Unloaded Items exist in the world (on the ground, in a chest, in inventory), the game may fail to save and a backup will be loaded of your last save the next time you load the character. Be very careful about disabling mods while this is active, so that you don't lose any progress. As long as you completely dispose of any Unloaded Items before saving and exiting, there should be no problems.

I've talked with Blue about the issue, and it seems to be a tModLoader bug. Nothing I've done with the Save/Load code, short of disabling custom Save/Load entirely, fixes the issue. Hopefully, an upcoming tModLoader update will fix this.

Heads up, all. I've discovered a pretty serious, but easily avoidable, issue. If you try to save and leave the game when any Unloaded Items exist in the world (on the ground, in a chest, in inventory), the game may fail to save and a backup will be loaded of your last save the next time you load the character. Be very careful about disabling mods while this is active, so that you don't lose any progress. As long as you completely dispose of any Unloaded Items before saving and exiting, there should be no problems.

I've talked with Blue about the issue, and it seems to be a tModLoader bug. Nothing I've done with the Save/Load code, short of disabling custom Save/Load entirely, fixes the issue. Hopefully, an upcoming tModLoader update will fix this.

Noted.

Got around to playing around with the mod a bit. It's really great! But there's one problem I see with it.. Some should not be obtainable Pre Hardmode such as Cursed Inferno, etc.

Also, when the mod is enabled the sell / buy price for items is all in white text, no colour.

Last edited:
Well lucky me. I've just gotten a Terrarium Pulse Rifle(Thorium Mod) a very fast and mid damaging weapon, with a Superior Default modifier and "22% damage, but cursed"(For some reason that doesn't work, but that may be a mod compatibility bug) and "29% damage, but with mana cost." It now does about 230 damage with armor and accessories, and about 3000 DPS. I'm happy.

Well lucky me. I've just gotten a Terrarium Pulse Rifle(Thorium Mod) a very fast and mid damaging weapon, with a Superior Default modifier and "22% damage, but cursed"(For some reason that doesn't work, but that may be a mod compatibility bug) and "29% damage, but with mana cost." It now does about 230 damage with armor and accessories, and about 3000 DPS. I'm happy.
Dat luck tho!

Updated with a pretty considerable number of improvements. Multiplayer support is tentatively added, though I can't test if everything is syncing correctly on my own. Check the OP for the changelog and info on Magic Dice and the new modifiers. Feedback/bug reports are welcome.

Im playing around with the mod when after the update i suddenly cant get the original prefixes from the vanilla version but i could get yours, any fixes to it?

Im playing around with the mod when after the update i suddenly cant get the original prefixes from the vanilla version but i could get yours, any fixes to it?
Oops, forgot to keep track of prefixes when rerolling modifiers so it always ended up without one. Should be good now if you update.

How do summon items work with this exactly? I got a starfish wand that gives a 22% chance to inflict the ichor debuff. Do the starfish do it themselves no matter what's in my hand, or do I have to have the wand in my hand for them to do it? Or do they not inflict ichor at all, because it's on the wand and not the starfish???

How do summon items work with this exactly? I got a starfish wand that gives a 22% chance to inflict the ichor debuff. Do the starfish do it themselves no matter what's in my hand, or do I have to have the wand in my hand for them to do it? Or do they not inflict ichor at all, because it's on the wand and not the starfish???
Debuff modifiers are only in effect when you're holding them, but they affect any damage you deal while holding the weapon. As such, debuff modifiers on summon items aren't very that useful, but a weapon with debuff modifiers can be quite good for summoners as their minions will benefit while it's held.

This isn't really the ideal way to do this, but there isn't yet a perfect way to detect what item was used to create a projectile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom