tModLoader Even More Modifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a bug on multiplayer, you can only use the magic dice once on an item, after that it won't reroll or consume the dice. On singleplayer though i can reroll as much as i want, thanks.

Seriously guys? I thought our community was better than that. Stop picking on people and just explain where it is better. Maybe the website glitched out, or maybe he just had a hard time finding it. @justvkb The spoiler is directly below the "how modifiers are assigned" tab, and above the "List of modifiers" tab. It says:

"Most enemies have a 2% chance to drop Magic Dice, which can be used to reroll the modifiers on any piece of equipment. Simply select the dice in your hotbar or pick them up with your mouse, then right click the item you'd like to reroll, which will consume one die."

Seriously guys? I thought our community was better than that. Stop picking on people and just explain where it is better. Maybe the website glitched out, or maybe he just had a hard time finding it. @justvkb The spoiler is directly below the "how modifiers are assigned" tab, and above the "List of modifiers" tab. It says:

"Most enemies have a 2% chance to drop Magic Dice, which can be used to reroll the modifiers on any piece of equipment. Simply select the dice in your hotbar or pick them up with your mouse, then right click the item you'd like to reroll, which will consume one die."
he literally opened it, and print screened it though,... i know that people didnt give it the right name by saying lucky dice, but its not rocket science to put 2 and 2 together.

Guys. We have a rule on these forums named Report and Move on. When you re telling another person off that their behavior is inappropriate, it doesn't help the thread, and will lead to arguments.

@tankedup13 and @Mnemonic_Horse.EXE , you both are not helping the thread in the slightest by making even a small effort to make fun of someone. You are being rude, and it will not be tolerated on these forums anywhere. Consider this a verbal warning moving forward. People are going to be confused sometimes, and you need to respect that, for they may not understand something like you have.

@Mr.Willywonka and @Khaelis , like I said previously, we have the report and move on rile for a reason. I appreciate you're trying to make efforts to help, but we have the capacity to control a situation, and simply walking away from the ordeal will benefit both parties involved and create much less friction and derailing than it would normally.

If you have any questions PM me. I don't want to see anymore of this sort of behavior in here. Thanks.

> is asking where the " LUCKY DICE " is
> is pointed to " MAGIC DICE "
> Somehow I'm suppost to figure out that Lucky Dice = Magic Dice, but they do not do the same thing.
Magic Dice in game currently can downgrade your item. So, they're not Lucky Dice as said...

Someone said there are Lucky dice which do- do that, but they don't. But, then I'm pointed to them in the OP because Lucky Dice exist and Magic Dice exist but only 1 of them actually exist because the other user was trolling me or has bad reading skills?

tl;dr
Magic Dice exist
Lucky Dice do not exist
Magic Dice can downgrade the rarity of your item
I asked/suggested a version of the item that will not downgrade the rarity.

> is asking where the " LUCKY DICE " is
> is pointed to " MAGIC DICE "
> Somehow I'm suppost to figure out that Lucky Dice = Magic Dice, but they do not do the same thing.
Magic Dice in game currently can downgrade your item. So, they're not Lucky Dice as said...

Someone said there are Lucky dice which do- do that, but they don't. But, then I'm pointed to them in the OP because Lucky Dice exist and Magic Dice exist but only 1 of them actually exist because the other user was trolling me or has bad reading skills?

tl;dr
Magic Dice exist
Lucky Dice do not exist
Magic Dice can downgrade the rarity of your item
I asked/suggested a version of the item that will not downgrade the rarity.

The modifiers are overpowered enough as it is. They don't need even more items to sway them to the absurdly overpowered category.

The modifiers are overpowered enough as it is. They don't need even more items to sway them to the absurdly overpowered category.
That's just not true. I play with an overwhelming modpack that has a mod called 'Prefixes for enemies' which makes the game EXTREMELY hard.

Imagine a Hardmode Paladin with 63,000 HP.
Imagine a Expert Hardmode Paladin with 126,000 HP
Imagine a Slime at the start of the game that hits for 106 Damage.
Imagine an evil eye that is 3 times as large as normal.

Now imagine all that, except that is just the prefix.

Now let's get down to suffixes- The monster has 9 lives and respawns stronger.
When it touches you your health is instantly put to '1'
It's invisible until you hit it once, so you might die randomly.
Steals your life when it hits you- Blinds you, or even takes money out of your inventory. Drops a bomb on death, Deals 200% Damage when you're under 20% HP(Execution on hit)

The game is only as easy as you make it. I balance my own gameplay.

That's just not true. I play with an overwhelming modpack that has a mod called 'Prefixes for enemies' which makes the game EXTREMELY hard.

Imagine a Hardmode Paladin with 63,000 HP.
Imagine a Expert Hardmode Paladin with 126,000 HP
Imagine a Slime at the start of the game that hits for 106 Damage.
Imagine an evil eye that is 3 times as large as normal.

Now imagine all that, except that is just the prefix.

Now let's get down to suffixes- The monster has 9 lives and respawns stronger.
When it touches you your health is instantly put to '1'
It's invisible until you hit it once, so you might die randomly.
Steals your life when it hits you- Blinds you, or even takes money out of your inventory. Drops a bomb on death, Deals 200% Damage when you're under 20% HP(Execution on hit)

The game is only as easy as you make it. I balance my own gameplay.

You're forcing difficulty onto your game. Not everyone does this.

You're forcing difficulty onto your game. Not everyone does this.
Doesn't that mean balance is subjective? Adding options doesn't unbalance. How is there any less balance from the guy rolling max stats on a Legendary than the guy not rolling max stats. That isn't Balance, that is RNG. And if my game is really easy and I get really bad rolls, how is that different from my game being really hard and getting good rolls. What you are saying is that having the ability to do something will unbalance the game- when it already exists in the mod. So you are saying the mod is unbalanced?

The mod isn't about balance- it's about customization. It's the whole Path of Exile gameplay experience- you are OP because you work to find OP.

The point is to enjoy the environment of the system. If the system promotes '1' item it's a locked system with only '1' outcome; you find 'x' or you don't find 'x'.

Introducing items that adjust the way you approach the system is called fracturing content. Fracturing content is what keeps games alive. Imagine if every Terraria game it was impossible to kill skeletron with magic- you MUST use arrows. No if's. You MUST use arrows. That would be very stale gameplay.
Now imagine if they introduce viable melee options? You might go for a sword- Magic is available earlier, well you can now use magic.
This is the same principal behind adding options behind modifiers. Adding variety spices things up.

I make a Terra Blade get a Uncommon- I spend dice, it becomes common, it downgrades to nothing. I now have to produce a new blade.

My option/Suggestion

I make a Terra Blade get a Uncommon- I save up rarer than usual dice, I upgrade it to what I want, I alter it's rolls, I don't have to produce a new blade- but I still needed to farm for the materials to make the item what it is now.

Option 1: Frustration that you LOST your time, gained absolutely nothing from it.
vs
Option 2: Determination to get what you want, the URGE to farm, the DESIRE to progress.

Doesn't that mean balance is subjective? Adding options doesn't unbalance. How is there any less balance from the guy rolling max stats on a Legendary than the guy not rolling max stats. That isn't Balance, that is RNG. And if my game is really easy and I get really bad rolls, how is that different from my game being really hard and getting good rolls. What you are saying is that having the ability to do something will unbalance the game- when it already exists in the mod. So you are saying the mod is unbalanced?

The mod isn't about balance- it's about customization. It's the whole Path of Exile gameplay experience- you are OP because you work to find OP.

The point is to enjoy the environment of the system. If the system promotes '1' item it's a locked system with only '1' outcome; you find 'x' or you don't find 'x'.

Introducing items that adjust the way you approach the system is called fracturing content. Fracturing content is what keeps games alive. Imagine if every Terraria game it was impossible to kill skeletron with magic- you MUST use arrows. No if's. You MUST use arrows. That would be very stale gameplay.
Now imagine if they introduce viable melee options? You might go for a sword- Magic is available earlier, well you can now use magic.
This is the same principal behind adding options behind modifiers. Adding variety spices things up.

I make a Terra Blade get a Uncommon- I spend dice, it becomes common, it downgrades to nothing. I now have to produce a new blade.

My option/Suggestion

I make a Terra Blade get a Uncommon- I save up rarer than usual dice, I upgrade it to what I want, I alter it's rolls, I don't have to produce a new blade- but I still needed to farm for the materials to make the item what it is now.

Option 1: Frustration that you LOST your time, gained absolutely nothing from it.
vs
Option 2: Determination to get what you want, the URGE to farm, the DESIRE to progress.
except you can use more than one dice, to keep rerolling the perks on the weapon, so you dont need to make a new terra blade everytime you reroll.

except you can use more than one dice, to keep rerolling the perks on the weapon, so you dont need to make a new terra blade everytime you reroll.
Unless there was a persistent bug that deletes the rarity from items... Which there is- and it's quite common...

Unless there was a persistent bug that deletes the rarity from items... Which there is- and it's quite common...
if you mean that the rarity fully dissappears on the weapon, try throwing it on the ground and picking it back up, it mostly happens on common rarity items with no actual prefixes on it yet.

I've never had this problem personally. Care to elaborate the circumstances that cause this to happen?
I don't know how to replicate it. Sometimes the item just gets deleted. Sometimes the item loses it's rarity completely. It's always on weapons, never on accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom