tModLoader Even More Modifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to ask 2 questions.
1.I have to throw out the item I'm magic dicing, pick it back up, dice it once, then repeat.(In Multiplayer) Is this intended?
2.Are there any cheat sheets to change the extra modifier currently? Or do i just have to keep rerolling.

Really nice idea. I think the modifiers you have should be decided when crafted or dropped and only re rolled with the dice which should be hard to get and I think it would be nice if the first modifier is kinda crappy and then the second one is better and so on. I think also that if you implement this idea the dice should have different tiers like tier 1 re-roll etc and that higher tier re-roll would be dropped only by more difficult mobs and maybe tier 4 re-roll could be only gotten earlygame by defeating the boss for the first time and maybe lategame you can craft them.

Found a pretty big exploit that for now I am shamelessly using. If you sell an item then buy it back (for the exactly same amount of money of course), you can drop it on the ground, pick it back up and that makes it get a completely new roll of modifiers. That basically means: [Free Endless Rolls For Everybody!]. Don't know if you will somehow fix this, but for now I will continue to abuse it to my heart's content - I sure am good at roleplaying my character, who is a Tainted Elf (Classes Based RPG Mod), so eviiiiiiiilllll.

One thing I noticed after installing this mod is that items' buy and sell prices are no longer color-coded. The item's rarity seems to inherit the color now.

Gs5nN3Y.png

EDIT: And just a suggestion I thought of for when you use Magic Dice, perhaps make it display all of the modifiers above your head like when you reforge items at the Tinkerer?

EDIT 2: It seems like it's actually the last line of the modifier's tooltip that shares its buy/sell price color.

C4LiQOb.png

Last edited:
Summon weapon work uncorrectly:
- i have enchant with "cursed inferno" in my sword.
- if i use this weapon - my summon apply "cursed inferno" too.

I want to ask something. When I try to reforge an item to Goblin Tinkerer, my reforged sword (Such as apply ichor on it) becomes unable to be rerolled with more modifiers. Was that intentional?

I think I found a bug. I got the modifier 10% Chance to inflict Ichor, but nothing is happening. I've got a 9% Chance to inflict Frostburn, and that has triggered multiple times. The same happens with confused: nothing. Probably fired off about 200 or so shots(Minishark). The targets were mostly Zombies, which definately do NOT have a resistance to Ichor, and as far as I'm aware, they can be confused as well. It was in a Singleplayer world with multiple other mods(I can list them if I need to)

First of all, this mod is amazing and i love it.
Here is a suggestion. add another dice that only reshuffles the stat values.
For example, if i have a defense %, Iframe and wing frame accessory. But they happen to only give crap stats.
i could use this new dice, to reshuffle the amount the modifiers give, instead of reshuffling everything. would make things a lot easier.

Added damage based on velocity doesn't seem to work...
Or is there something i'm missing about how it works? Could I get any details?

Last edited:
I suggest the following modifiers if it is possible.
"auto attack but slow speed" - for all weapons without autoattacks
"no auto-attack but more speed" - for all weapons with auto attack
"cooldown but increased damage" - for all weapons except weapons with a cooldown

@lied
I don't think auto attack on/off are good idea... there is a lot of way to have a rapid fire, making it non relevant.

@joost
velocity bonus increase with your speed. As example early, if you use the slime mount, you fall really fast; I can get a good bonus dmg when falling with this (around 20-30% more than the value when not moving).

farming dice is really long (beside abusing game mechanic), but as the bonus are just what they are : free bonus ... I find it ok.

Try to get a full set of luck bonus so you can equip it before you craft anything. It's wayyyyy better this way as the bonus get a great boost from luck when you roll the item.

By the way, placing an armor on a mannequin and get it back reroll the bonus.

Keep in mind hiccup hasn't been seen for quite a while, he told me he lost motivation.

I was wondering what ever happened with this mod -- there's nothing else remotely like it (imo) that's currently out there.

No hard feelings if Hiccup doesn't decide to continue working on this, but this mod be sorely missed. Regardless, hope all is well with you, Hiccup.

I can confirm the bug where modifiers vanish for no reason but it seems it only happens to items in your inventory that are NOT in your accessoires-slots / armor-slots / hotbar (toolbar).
Items that i have in my inventory lose their modifiers (turn to basic Terraria Items without "Common+") when I exit and enter my world again,
sometimes this happens randomly when playing too.

TL : DR The savest way to keep items so they dont lose modifiers is to have them in your hotbar (toolbar) or just wear them in your vanity / EQ-slots.

This happens MP AND SP.

upload_2016-10-28_19-34-35.png

What does this modifier do? It's on a weapon.
Obviously it adds 17% more damage but what does "but cursed" mean? Does that mean the weapon randomly curses me when I'm using it?
BTW, this weapon sure is amazing.
upload_2016-10-28_19-42-5.png

It has already on same power levels as some post-Moonlord weapons and I haven't even defeated all Mechanical bosses yet. It's a colossal blade that shoots short distance energy balls like a shotgun

View attachment 145714
What does this modifier do? It's on a weapon.
Obviously it adds 17% more damage but what does "but cursed" mean? Does that mean the weapon randomly curses me when I'm using it?
BTW, this weapon sure is amazing.
View attachment 145715
It has already on same power levels as some post-Moonlord weapons and I haven't even defeated all Mechanical bosses yet. It's a colossal blade that shoots short distance energy balls like a shotgun

Cursed weapons slowly drain your live and cancels basic regeneration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom