tModLoader Even More Modifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
An NPC that will be reforging only that modifier without touching prefix would be very nice
That's a goood idea! And I also wanna add something: The same NPC (Lets say, the Goblin Tinkerer's brother), who would ALSO reroll the quality of the Modifier (for example, from +12% Damage Common Modifier to +34% Damage Uncommon Modifier).
Seems legit?
[doublepost=1482339028,1482338782][/doublepost]
it simply means that your item was not affected by this mod , which just happens sometimes
Sometimes = Almost everytime?

The only way I can enjoy the mod's effects is (for example) using Cheat Sheet/HERO's Mod to get Treasure Bags, then only it's drops are affected by the mod. I can't get the item directly from Cheat Sheet/HERO's Mod with prefixes nor modifiers (this mod is made for a non-inventory-editor-usage gameplay .__.).

That's a goood idea! And I also wanna add something: The same NPC (Lets say, the Goblin Tinkerer's brother), who would ALSO reroll the quality of the Modifier (for example, from +12% Damage Common Modifier to +34% Damage Uncommon Modifier).
Seems legit?
[doublepost=1482339028,1482338782][/doublepost]
Sometimes = Almost everytime?

The only way I can enjoy the mod's effects is (for example) using Cheat Sheet/HERO's Mod to get Treasure Bags, then only it's drops are affected by the mod. I can't get the item directly from Cheat Sheet/HERO's Mod with prefixes nor modifiers (this mod is made for a non-inventory-editor-usage gameplay .__.).
Well it not working with cheat devices is a good thing and hero's mod item browser is terrible anyway

Hi, me and my friend were playing with your mod. Whenever we drop items on the ground the modifiers change, almost everytime. To fix this we put them in chests and traded that way, however when doing this we discovered that leaving a modified item in a chest causes it to lose ALL modifiers. is this a known bug, we can replicate it very easily

Hi, me and my friend were playing with your mod. Whenever we drop items on the ground the modifiers change, almost everytime. To fix this we put them in chests and traded that way, however when doing this we discovered that leaving a modified item in a chest causes it to lose ALL modifiers. is this a known bug, we can replicate it very easily
Can confirm this, the modifier also gets removed when using Dushy's upgrade.

Hello, I have a question.

I really really like your mod, but I'm someone that likes to tinker with stuff so they fit my needs/likes more. So I'm trying to change some things in your mod for my own personal use. For example I have greatly increased the drop chance for chance cubes.

Now i'm trying to adjust the stats of modifiers so they roll higher. But I have run into an issue that I know not how to change. I have tweaked and tried changing many different things, and none of the changes seem to apply ingame. (I tried messing with the scalar and magnitude in the gItem.cs file). I do correctly rebuild the mod and load it ingame and that seems to work fine, but none of the changes I do seem to apply to any item in my worlds. Even newly crafted items and items from a fresh world do not have the changes.

I found this very weird so I tried changing the text stuff and these changes do not show up either. This leads me to believe that there is something up with how the code loads (does it stick to character, so new changes dont happen unless we make a new character?)

The simplest test I've done is change this:
Code:
case 0: desc = "++" + magnitude + "% melee damage"; break;
case 1: desc = "++" + magnitude + "% magic damage"; break;
case 2: desc = "++" + magnitude + "% ranged damage"; break;
case 3: desc = "++" + magnitude + "% thrown damage"; break;
In the GetPrefixDesc . It should then start showing the ++ (instead of +) in the description of newly forged items, but it doesn't.

Any idea what I can do? I'd really like to just double (and some like light tripple) the modifier stats on items.

I have the same issue. If you drop anything it changes the stat.

I can confirm that as well, if this mod is used in multiplayer, you get different modifiers every time you drop and pick your items, also chests delete the modifiers if you store them in multiplayer, but not in single player.

Loving this mod, looking forward for a few improvements and bug fixing.

Can i ask someone to put this so you can download it through mod browser in terraria? i want this mod but all files are messed up and repairing them doesn't work! plz thx

this mod and elemental weapon enchantments dont work together and i really want to use both is there a way to fix that?
(rerolling the extra modifier removes the element attached)

this mod and elemental weapon enchantments dont work together and i really want to use both is there a way to fix that?
(rerolling the extra modifier removes the element attached)
elemental weapon enhancements needs to be rewritten as stated by that mod author itself

I have a sword in my mod that levels up, but when I use one of the magic dice on it, it resets the sword experience, level, everything. I'm new to modding Terraria, but I figured you would be the person to ask since it's your mod. What would be some code I could use to check when a dice is used on my sword? If there's a method or something that I could check for, then I could make it compatible.

I am enjoying the bonuses in this mod a lot, but I have a couple gripes with it:
  • The Dice seem to roll No Modifiers way too often. I use up to 7 dice getting even 1 extra modifier on my armor, let alone on weapons and other things. Honestly the goblin is much better at this, he gives extra modifiers almost 66% of the time... But he can't do armor pieces. A decreased chance on a 0 roll would be appreciated.
  • Getting stuck on a cursed or mana item sucks. If you have a super good legendary weapon you use a lot but get cursed, you can't default to it anymore and have to use up health to have it out. It's even worse when you consider chances are rerolling the cursed modifier ends up in 0 mod common very often. Same goes for very early game weapons and mana. Not everyone gathers stars super fast, so a weapon with extra mana cost, specially one of materials you barely managed to scrounge up, makes it unusable.
  • The wording on some modifiers could use work. Why does "Added damage with velocity" actually mean "Added damage with movement speed"? I've been skipping this modifier like the place because I wasn't sure if magic weapons recorded their projectile travel speed (AKA, what the game calls Velocity already) or if melee ones even had any.
  • Some modifiers just don't work. I've never had a weapon with Ichor chance actually Ichor anything, held or not held. Nothing turned yellow unlike when sprayed with Golden Shower or Ichor bullets. And I'm pretty sure no matter how much Gives off light I managed to happen to have at once, I've never seen my character emit any light outside of shine potions.

Last edited:
Hey I had a question about the mod because when i have it enabled and there are extra mods on my player my person will start taking 1 hp damage for no reason and wont heal idk what the problem is. Does anybody else have this problem and who can help me??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am enjoying the bonuses in this mod a lot, but I have a couple gripes with it:
  • The Dice seem to roll No Modifiers way too often. I use up to 7 dice getting even 1 extra modifier on my armor, let alone on weapons and other things. Honestly the goblin is much better at this, he gives extra modifiers almost 66% of the time... But he can't do armor pieces. A decreased chance on a 0 roll would be appreciated.
  • Getting stuck on a cursed or mana item sucks. If you have a super good legendary weapon you use a lot but get cursed, you can't default to it anymore and have to use up health to have it out. It's even worse when you consider chances are rerolling the cursed modifier ends up in 0 mod common very often. Same goes for very early game weapons and mana. Not everyone gathers stars super fast, so a weapon with extra mana cost, specially one of materials you barely managed to scrounge up, makes it unusable.
  • The wording on some modifiers could use work. Why does "Added damage with velocity" actually mean "Added damage with movement speed"? I've been skipping this modifier like the place because I wasn't sure if magic weapons recorded their projectile travel speed (AKA, what the game calls Velocity already) or if melee ones even had any.
  • Some modifiers just don't work. I've never had a weapon with Ichor chance actually Ichor anything, held or not held. Nothing turned yellow unlike when sprayed with Golden Shower or Ichor bullets. And I'm pretty sure no matter how much Gives off light I managed to happen to have at once, I've never seen my character emit any light outside of shine potions.
My thoughts exactly, you just named every critical issue with this mod, if these above get fixed, this mod has the potential to become a MUST for any Terraria player that wants to spice things up a bit.

And I'm pretty sure no matter how much Gives off light I managed to happen to have at once, I've never seen my character emit any light outside of shine potions.
Each individual level is pretty weak, you need to get at least a total of 5, I think, to start being able to notice something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom