tModLoader Even More Modifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to show I'm actually working on this, here I can show you I've already completely reworked the backend and modifying items is fully functional:
upload_2018-2-23_21-10-4.png

In this example, 3 modifier tooltip lines are added, each of them can be controlled individually. This is just a test modifier, that applies inferno, sets defense to an insane number, and increases melee damage. As you can see it also is able to modify the item name color, and adds a prefix (suffix also possible)

The most important aspect of the rework is that everything is much more dynamic. This means other mods can start adding their own modifiers, rarities and effects with ease, and control exactly what they do. Lots of default stuff is implemented, requiring very little work to create such a modifier.

Next up I have to implement and test modifying NPCs fully. After that all works, it's a matter of re implementing all of the old existing modifiers to the new system (who knows how long that will take) What I mean with this is: yes, prefixes for enemies is merging with even more modifiers

Note that this is not the same as the ModPrefix that got implemented not long ago. This system can do much more, and is not just for items. On top of that, ModPrefix has a limit of 255 entries, of which more than 80 are already filled with vanilla prefixes. This system has a theoretical maximum of 4,294,967,295 entries.

Last edited:
Just to show I'm actually working on this, here I can show you I've already completely reworked the backend and modifying items is fully functional:

So here question what are you planning to be the cap on modifiers stats? For example you have the 50% more melee damage amount as a test, are you planning on that being the cap for melee damage, or can people expect the cap will be higher, and by how much, or will there be a config that let's player set there own caps on Modifiers?

So here question what are you planning to be the cap on modifiers stats? For example you have the 50% more melee damage amount as a test, are you planning on that being the cap for melee damage, or can people expect the cap will be higher, and by how much, or will there be a config that let's player set there own caps on Modifiers?
Eventually, I might add a config functionality that lets people customize magnitude boundaries. For now though, I'm just going to copy everything that was in the original mod, so you'll find the same ranges that you did back then.

After a lot of trial and error, I finally got save/load fully functional (there were some shenanigans)
Still prototyping some stuffs, but gradually moving along nicely.
I honestly expect to be done prototyping in 1 or 2 days, after which I can migrate all of the old modifiers to the new system, which will likely take at least a day, and then possibly another for testing purposes. After all that, the reworked mod will be released. I will create a new thread for that, since I cannot change this one.

Beyond that would be migrating all of the Prefixes for Enemies stuff, which will come at a later date.

So, after many months of nothing, I've finally picked up slack. (yay for a short vacation!) The backend is progressing nicely. That means after this, only implementing all of the old modifiers and effects is left, and then a bunch of testing.This will probably take a while, but with a bit of luck, the reworked version could be up in a few days from now... that is, if everything goes extremely well.
:red: yeah! So glad my favorite mod is coming back! Thanks so much for putting in the time brother, you're a legend :)

"WARNING: There is currently a bug with saving/loading custom data for unloaded items. If you try to save and exit while any of these items are present in the world (on the ground or in a chest) or your inventory, you may not save the game correctly. Ensure any unloaded items are completely disposed of before trying to save and exit."

What is an unloaded item?
And how does one load an item? :eek:

I posted this in the Prefixes For Enemies thread, but... https://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comments/82zf15/strange_desync_bug/ -- Prefixes seems to be the culprit because the bug goes away when I unload it, but I don't know why it bugs out like that. Now that I know it's merging with Even More Modifiers I'll just disable it and get Even More when it's ready to re-release.

How soon do you think it'll be ready? Thanks for keeping the mod going, Prefixes is/was one of my favorites.

Sorry, there have been some busy times again. I will see if I can wrap this up somewhere next week. PfE migration will come at a later date.

Sorry for the delay, been hard at work. BUT! Good news, progress is still being made. Some internal discussions are going on, and other collaborators are doing work. I'll stop giving out estimates for release, as I can't seem to abide to them, but things are looking good so far!

tried skimming through the previous pages to see if with the new release will have a way to customize/choose potential affixes(as in pay or use an item to) or be able to re roll 1 of the affixes in the item. such as 1 of the 3 or 2 leaving the 3rd affix alone because its what i am wanting to design for potential character builds?

small example would be a caster getting unlucky on boss loot finding melee damage or melee speed on a piece of gear and being able to just reroll that to magic damage or more mana. but the third affix said caster got was magic crit chance or something and wanted to keep it.

it brought up a potential idea to create a rare item one can re roll the stats of an item with out changing the affixes,

again an example being re roll the 5 crit/ 7 damage. to 8 crit/ 10 damage

Will there be options to disable all features except the prefixes for enemies feature upon official release? Prefixes for Enemies is one of my favorites, but I am not quite liking the looks of these extra modifiers for weapons and armor.

tried skimming through the previous pages to see if with the new release will have a way to customize/choose potential affixes(as in pay or use an item to) or be able to re roll 1 of the affixes in the item. such as 1 of the 3 or 2 leaving the 3rd affix alone because its what i am wanting to design for potential character builds?

small example would be a caster getting unlucky on boss loot finding melee damage or melee speed on a piece of gear and being able to just reroll that to magic damage or more mana. but the third affix said caster got was magic crit chance or something and wanted to keep it.

it brought up a potential idea to create a rare item one can re roll the stats of an item with out changing the affixes,

again an example being re roll the 5 crit/ 7 damage. to 8 crit/ 10 damage
Good concerns, the following stuff is planned for a more in the future update: (after all migration and initial re-release is done)

• - Lock entire modifier (cannot reroll with reforging)
  • - Lock a single effect (cannot reroll with reforging)
  • - Reroll only a single effect
  • - Reroll two effects?
  • - Reroll three effects?
  • - Reroll everything, you're luckier rolling higher magnitudes
  • - Reroll everything, choose what to keep 1 effect (between old AND new)
  • - Reroll everything, choose what to keep 2 effects (between old AND new)
  • - Reroll everything, choose what to keep 3 effects (between old AND new)
  • - Reroll everything, choose what to keep all effects (between old AND new)
  • And then also:
  • - Reroll magnitudes
  • -- 1 line
  • -- 2 line
  • -- 3 line
  • -- everything
  • - With various additions...

Will there be options to disable all features except the prefixes for enemies feature upon official release? Prefixes for Enemies is one of my favorites, but I am not quite liking the looks of these extra modifiers for weapons and armor.
would there be an option to disable the enemy prefixes?
Yes, totally. You'll be able to choose between EMM or PfE, or have both enabled.

Disappointed that it's not up for tMod .10 yet, but would it be possible to assist and speed up progress? As soon as I saw this, I knew it would be an auto-include every time, especially with the enemy prefix merge Soon(tm).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom