NPCs & Enemies [Event] [Sprites] Biomes Revolt

What do you think (please read before voting)

• Total voters
Hello all, DerpoTheMagnificent Here with another suggestion. I've been working on this one for about three months. And as it's quite a large suggestion, please do not be intimidated by the large wall of text. Also, as this is a WIP. It is finished for the most part, but it could probably use a lot of tweaking, and that's where you, the community, come in. Anyway, enough chit chat. I now present to you...

Biomes Revolt

Now, what is this? Is this an event where all the biomes band together to get rid of you once and for all? Well, they already kind of do that, so no. This is an event where the biomes throw everything they've got at you. But only one biome at a time. Let me explain. Randomly in hardmode (pre-mech) you will get a message saying, "(insert biome name) is revolting!" Once this happens, every enemy from said biome (including some new ones) will start spawning everywhere in the world with twice the frequency of a blood moon. That's a lot of mobs. For example, if it says that the Hallow is revolting, then all mobs, nighttime mobs, underground mobs, and overworld mobs, will spawn everywhere. But not just regular enemies, there is also one new boss per biome that will spawn randomly during the event. More than one can spawn per event, but only one at a time. The event is defeated after you kill 1000 mobs. Bosses count as 50. Now, onto the stats and sprites!

There are no new enemies for the hallow, but there is a boss. Bit of a disclaimer here, most of these bosses are sort of just minibosses with boss levels of health.

Pixie Queen
Fairy Queen.png

Hp: 20,000
Defense: 10
Damage: 60 (contact) 30 (rainbow)
Attacks: Flies slowly toward the player occasionally summoning swarms of 4 pixies. Rainbow extends to the edge of the screen damaging the player.
Special: Any enemies touching the rainbow heal at 2 hp/s
Debuffs: Slow, Silenced, Cursed
Immunities: Poisoned, On Fire!, Cursed inferno

Drops:
Pixie Queen mask 14%
Pixie Queen mask.png

Pixie queen trophy 10%
Pixie Queen trophy.png

Rainbow Shield 100%
Rainbow Shield.png

35 summoner damage
no knockback
25 usetime
Spawns a rainbow shield around the player that slowly revolves. Hp regen is increased to 1.5 hp/s and any mob that touches the shield takes constant damage but no nockback.

10 gold coins 100%

Daemon Wyrm
Daemon Wyrm.png

Hp: 18,000
Head defense: 5
Body defense: 10
Tail defense: 25
Damage: 50 (contact) 20 (Fire breath) 60 (tail contact)
Attacks: Same AI as wyvern, but will sometimes dive from below. Occasionally breaths Greek fire.
Debuffs: On Fire!

Drops:
Daemon Wyrm Mask 14%
Daemon Wyrm Mask.png

Daemon Wyrm Trophy 10%
Daemon Wyrm Trophy.png

Daemon Sword 100%
Daemon Blade (final).png

54 melee damage
extreme knockback
20 usetime
Inflicts On Fire! And causes fire to shoot from the ground below were you click. Sort of an upgrade to the Starfury.

10 gold coins 100%

The underworld also has no new enemies, but it probably needs some. Give me some ideas if you have any.

Typhon
Typhon.png

(HIS BOTTOM HALF IS A TORNADO! NOT A DRILL!!!!!!!)
Hp: 22,000
Defense: 15
Damage: 25 (tornado) 50 (contact)
Attacks: Summons face monsters, floats. Launches mini tornadoes at player. These tornadoes deal massive knockback, and constant damage.
Debuffs: Confused
Immunities: Poisoned, Venom

Drops:
Typhon Mask 14%
Typhon Mask.png

Typhon Trophy 10%
Typhon Trophy.png

Typhon's Blade 100%
Typhon's Blade.png

56 melee damage, 30 tornado damage
avarage/extreme knockback
25 use time
Fires a slow moving (as fast as magnet sphere) tornado that does less damage than the blade, but has extreme knockback.

10 gold coins 100%

Corrupted Titan
Corrupted Titan.png

Hp: 24,000
Defense: 20
Damage: 65 (contact) 25 (cursed flamethrower) 40 (cursed fireball)
Attacks: Walks slowly towards the player, attempting to stomp them. Occasionally shoots beam of cursed flames out of his eye. Will rarely throw very large cursed fireball.
Debuffs: Cursed Flame, Weak
Immunities: On Fire!, Cursed Inferno, Frostburn, Poisoned, Venom.

Drops:
Corrupted Titan Mask 14%
Corrupted Titan mask.png

Corrupted Titan Trophy 10%
Corrupted Titan trophy.png

Cursed Shotflame 100%
Cursed Shotflame.png

30 ranged damage
small knockback
29 usetime
Uses gel for ammo
shoots 5 streams of cursed fire in a shotgun like fashion inflicting cursed inferno debuff with a 100% chance.

10 gold coins 100%

Antitan
Antitan.png

Hp: 28,000
Defense: 30 (first form) 15 (second form)
Damage: 35 (Sand ball) 70 (contact first form) 40 (contact 2nd form)
Attacks: Sand around the Antitan slowly moves inward dragging the player towards the middle. Shoots large balls of sand at the player (not actual sand blocks) inflicting the suffocating debuff, Summons scarab beetles. Second form charges at the player 3 times, then launches a sand ball at them.
Debuffs: Suffocating
Immunities: None

Drops:
Antitan Mask (could use a better sprite) 14%
AntTitan Mask.png

Antitan Trophy 10%
AntTitan trophy.png

Phys Staff (pronounced Fiz staff) 100%
Phys staff.png

29 magic damage
no knockback
10 use time
10 mana usage
Allows the player to pick up any enemy susceptible to knockback. This deals constant damage to
them and allows you to trap them or throw them around. Enemies that are not affected by knockback are just damaged.

10 gold coins 100%

New enemies

Scarab Beetle
Scarab beetle.png

Hp: 150
Damage: 15 (constant contact)
Jumps and latches onto the player, locking movement and dealing constant damage until killed. They try to freeze players to pull them into the Antitan's pit.

Antlion Elite
Antlion Elite.png

Hp: 1000
Damage: 50 (contact) 25 (sand)
Fires sand balls at the player at a much higher rate than a regular antlion.

Halbird
Halbird.png

Hp: 700
Damage: 50 (contact)
Flies much faster than a regular vulture.

Flakenbirdt (could use better name)
Flakenbirdt.png

Hp: 400
Damage: 15 (contact) 30 (cannons)
Flies slower than a regular vulture, fire cannonballs from time to time.

Desert Eagle
Desert Eagle.png

Hp: 300
Damage: 10 (contact) 20 (bullets)
Flies as fast as a regular vulture, shoots clusters of bullets from time to time.

Treeminator
Treeminator.png

Hp: 25,000
Damage: 50 (contact) 18 (lasers)
Attacks: Moves slightly faster than the ice golem, attempts to smash the player with it's fists and jump on them. Will summon Rootlings. Shoots red lasers.
Debuffs: none
Special: On Fire!, Frostburn, and Cursed Inferno do double damage.
Immunities: Ichor

Drops:
Treeminator Mask 14%
Treeminator mask.png

Treeminator Trophy (it's his chestplate) 10%
Treeminator trophy.png

Rootling Twig 100%
Rootling twig.png

40 summon damage
Weak knockback
30 use time
Summons friendly Rootlings to fight your enemies. Rootlings will occasionally entangle enemies in roots,
freezing them in place.

10 gold coins 100%

Rootling
Rootling.png

Damage: 25 (contact)
Same AI as splinterlings, but they are faster.

Omegaladon
Omegaladon.png

Defense: 25 (first form) 10 (second form)
Damage: 65 (contact) 25 (canons) 40 (bombs) 15 (super laser)
Attacks: Floats above the player raining canon fire down on them, occasionaly dropping greek fire bombs. Rakes the ground with an FTL-esque laser which is very difficult to dodge.
Debuffs: On Fire!, Bleeding
Immunities: On Fire!, Poisoned, Venom

Drops:
Omegaladon Mask 14%
Omegaladon mask.png

Omegaladon Trophy 10%
Omegaladon trophy.png

Whale Cannon (could use better name) 100%
Whale Cannon.png

80 explosive damage, 60 bomb damage, 30 fire damage.
Massive knockback
30/40 usetime
Left-click fires a cannon ball, right click fires a fire bomb out of the top.
The bomb explodes into greek fire.

10 gold coins 100%

New enemies

Walking sea creatures.
Walking sea creatures.png

Walking Shark
Damage: 70 (contact)
Walks slowly but deals massive damage.

Walking Jellyfish
Hp: 250
Damage: 40 (contact)
Walks towards the play faster than a crab.

Walking Squid
Damage: 30 (contact)
Sprints towards the player as fast as the Hellhound.

King Krab
King Krab.png

Hp: 4000
Walks Faster than a regular crab, and summons 3 at a time periodically until death.

Deep Sea Goldfish
Deep Sea Goldfish.png

Damage: 10 (contact) 25 (Harpoon)
Walks toward the player and fires a harpoon at the player. Acts exactly the same as the player harpoon.

Frizard
Frizard.png

Damage: 40 (Contact) 25 (ice balls) 10 (frost breath)
Attacks: Floats toward the player contantly launching slow moving ice balls. When close enough to the play, breathes ice on them freezing them instantly.
Debuffs: Frozen, Chilled
Immunities: Frostburn, Venom, Ichor

Drops:
Frizard Mask 14%
Frizard mask.png

Frizard Trophy 10%
Frizard trophy.png

Ice Flak 100%
Ice Flak.png

60/30 Ranged damage
Strong knockback
25 usetime
Uses ice/pink ice/purple ice/red ice blocks for ammo. When ice flak is in inventory, the Gun Dealer will sell ice for 15 copper.
shoots large ice-balls that explode into large ice shards damaging enemies for half as much as the ice ball.

10 gold coins 100%

Muthram
Muthram.png

Damage: 50 (contact) 20 (spore dust) 30 (charge contact)
Attacks: Behaves like a regular moth most of the time, occasionaly charging the player, also drops spore dust from it's wings. The spore dust deals constant damage and inflicts a random debuff. Each debuff lasts for 10 seconds.
Debuffs: Confused, Weak, Cursed, Blind, Slowness

Drops:
Muthram Mask 14%
Muthram Mask.png

Muthram Trophy 10%
Muthram Trophy.png

Spore Blaster 100%
Spore Blaster (muthram).png

40 magic damage
very weak knockback
23 usetime
15 mana usage
Fires a slow moving spore cloud that inflicts a random debuff and deals constant damage.

10 gold coins 100%

And that's it. Please give feedback and ideas for improvement if you have any.

Last edited:
For Whale Cannon, why not Blow Hole?

Also Fizard is an odd name yet I like it. But he looks more like a Frankenstein shark more than anything.

Muthram could use a better name in my opinion. also his spore cloud causes a random Debuffs. How long do they last?

I like the idea of biome-themed invasions, though I'm not sure all the bosses fit... Overworld doesn't seem like it should be included (and even if so, the name Purity would probably be more fitting). Crimson doesn't seem like it would work with a random injection of Greek mythology, and a glowy golem doesn't gel with Corruption's theme of rot and darkness. Frizard and Omegaladon seem a little too Giant Space Flea From Nowhere, even by Terraria standards, though maybe with some tweaking they could work out, they just seem rather dissonant with their respective biomes due to the sudden technology inherent to their designs when technology isn't really associated with the ocean or arctic biomes. The rest are fine, though the sprites could use some work, a lot of them feel very flat.

I will give you my rating for all the biome revolts.

Hallow: 73/100
2 words. Giant. Pixies.
Underworld: 67/100
Cool sprite, but less shading and name is bootiful.
Crimson: 61/100
What the heck is that thing below it? Is that a drill? Still good.
Corruption: 84/100
We need more of those bosses that walk. Like the King Slime.
Ocean: 91/100
The sprite of the boss looks amazing! Walking sea creatures seems silly, but there's fish, so yeah.
Snow: 57/100
It looks like a shark with a backpack... Ice Flak seems cool, though.
Jungle: 66/100
Meh, good. Really good.

Average (support level): 71.28/100

For Whale Cannon, why not Blow Hole?

Also Fizard is an odd name yet I like it. But he looks more like a Frankenstein shark more than anything.

Muthram could use a better name in my opinion. also his spore cloud causes a random Debuffs. How long do they last?
Oh, forgot about that. Each debuff would last 10 seconds.

I like the idea of biome-themed invasions, though I'm not sure all the bosses fit... Overworld doesn't seem like it should be included (and even if so, the name Purity would probably be more fitting). Crimson doesn't seem like it would work with a random injection of Greek mythology, and a glowy golem doesn't gel with Corruption's theme of rot and darkness. Frizard and Omegaladon seem a little too Giant Space Flea From Nowhere, even by Terraria standards, though maybe with some tweaking they could work out, they just seem rather dissonant with their respective biomes due to the sudden technology inherent to their designs when technology isn't really associated with the ocean or arctic biomes. The rest are fine, though the sprites could use some work, a lot of them feel very flat.
I get what you're saying...Well, as it is a WIP, I could probably get away with changing one or two of the bosses completely, the only problem with that is I have no other ideas. It took me a couple months to think of all these ideas, and it would probably take just as long if not longer to think of new ones. I also get what you mean about the flat sprites. But there's not much I can really do about that. I'm not very good at making big things, but if you'd like to try and improve them, then by all means, go ahead.
P.S. I'm glad someone got the Greek mythology reference.

What the heck is that thing below it? Is that a drill? Still good.
It's supposed to be a tornado...

When I saw the overworld boss, I barely restrained myself from calling it Groot.
That's probably because it's actually a Groot sprite...but I gave him red eyes and called him the Treeminator...so yeah.

Please don't call the crimson one typhon. I'd rather my monster be a huge boss if any at all :(. Also it doesn't look like typhon... A lot of this is pretty good, though. Sprites are good except the bosses, which again feel a bit flat but aren't bad overall. Some of them don't seem to fit, like others have said, but overall I like the idea. I'd probably like to see this in the game. Good job :)

Hello all, DerpoTheMagnificent Here with another suggestion. I've been working on this one for about three months. And as it's quite a large suggestion, please do not be intimidated by the large wall of text. Also, as this is a WIP. It is finished for the most part, but it could probably use a lot of tweaking, and that's where you, the community, come in. Anyway, enough chit chat. I now present to you...

Biomes Revolt

Now, what is this? Is this an event where all the biomes band together to get rid of you once and for all? Well, they already kind of do that, so no. This is an event where the biomes throw everything they've got at you. But only one biome at a time. Let me explain. Randomly in hardmode (pre-mech) you will get a message saying, "(insert biome name) is revolting!" Once this happens, every enemy from said biome (including some new ones) will start spawning everywhere in the world with twice the frequency of a blood moon. That's a lot of mobs. For example, if it says that the Hallow is revolting, then all mobs, nighttime mobs, underground mobs, and overworld mobs, will spawn everywhere. But not just regular enemies, there is also one new boss per biome that will spawn randomly during the event. More than one can spawn per event, but only one at a time. The event is defeated after you kill 1000 mobs. Bosses count as 50. Now, onto the stats and sprites!

There are no new enemies for the hallow, but there is a boss. Bit of a disclaimer here, most of these bosses are sort of just minibosses with boss levels of health.

Pixie Queen
View attachment 7341
Defense: 10
Damage: 60 (contact) 30 (rainbow)
Attacks: Flies slowly toward the player occasionally summoning swarms of 4 pixies. Rainbow extends to the edge of the screen damaging the player.
Special: Any enemies touching the rainbow heal at 2 hp/s
Debuffs: Slow, Silenced, Cursed

Drops:
Pixie Queen mask 14%
View attachment 7343

Pixie queen trophy 10%
View attachment 7344

Rainbow Shield 100%
View attachment 7346
35 summoner damage
no knockback
25 usetime
Spawns a rainbow shield around the player that slowly revolves. Hp regen is increased to 1.5 hp/s and any mob that touches the shield takes constant damage but no nockback.

10 gold coins 100%

Daemon Wyrm
View attachment 7348
Hp: 18,000
Head defense: 5
Body defense: 10
Tail defense: 25
Damage: 50 (contact) 20 (Fire breath) 60 (tail contact)
Attacks: Same AI as wyvern, but will sometimes dive from below. Occasionally breaths Greek fire.
Debuffs: On Fire!

Drops:
Daemon Wyrm Mask 14%
View attachment 7352

Daemon Wyrm Trophy 10%
View attachment 7353
Daemon Sword 100%
View attachment 7351
54 melee damage
extreme knockback
20 usetime
Inflicts On Fire! And causes fire to shoot from the ground below were you click. Sort of an upgrade to the Starfury.

10 gold coins 100%

The underworld also has no new enemies, but it probably needs some. Give me some ideas if you have any.

Typhon
View attachment 7354
Damage: 25 (tornado) 50 (contact)
Attacks: Summons face monsters, floats. Launches mini tornadoes at player. These tornadoes deal massive knockback, and constant damage.
Debuffs: Confused

Drops:
Typhon Mask 14%
View attachment 7359

Typhon Trophy 10%
View attachment 7360

Typhon's Blade 100%
View attachment 7361
56 melee damage, 30 tornado damage
avarage/extreme knockback
25 use time
Fires a slow moving (as fast as magnet sphere) tornado that does less damage than the blade, but has extreme knockback.

10 gold coins 100%

Corrupted Titan
View attachment 7362
Damage: 65 (contact) 25 (cursed flamethrower) 40 (cursed fireball)
Attacks: Walks slowly towards the player, attempting to stomp them. Occasionally shoots beam of cursed flames out of his eye. Will rarely throw very large cursed fireball.
Debuffs: Cursed Flame, Weak
Immunities: On Fire!, Cursed Inferno, Frostburn, Poisoned, Venom.

Drops:
Corrupted Titan Mask 14%
View attachment 7363

Corrupted Titan Trophy 10%
View attachment 7364

Cursed Shotflame 100%
View attachment 7365
30 ranged damage
small knockback
29 usetime
Uses gel for ammo
shoots 5 streams of cursed fire in a shotgun like fashion inflicting cursed inferno debuff with a 100% chance.

10 gold coins 100%

Antitan
View attachment 7366
Hp: 28,000
Defense: 30 (first form) 15 (second form)
Damage: 35 (Sand ball) 70 (contact first form) 40 (contact 2nd form)
Attacks: Sand around the Antitan slowly moves inward dragging the player towards the middle. Shoots large balls of sand at the player (not actual sand blocks) inflicting the suffocating debuff, Summons scarab beetles. Second form charges at the player 3 times, then launches a sand ball at them.
Debuffs: Suffocating
Immunities: None

Drops:
Antitan Mask (could use a better sprite) 14%
View attachment 7367

Antitan Trophy 10%
View attachment 7368

Phys Staff (pronounced Fiz staff) 100%
View attachment 7369
29 magic damage
no knockback
10 use time
10 mana usage
Allows the player to pick up any enemy susceptible to knockback. This deals constant damage to
them and allows you to trap them or throw them around. Enemies that are not affected by knockback are just damaged.

10 gold coins 100%

New enemies

Scarab Beetle
View attachment 7375
Hp: 150
Damage: 15 (constant contact)
Jumps and latches onto the player, locking movement and dealing constant damage until killed. They try to freeze players to pull them into the Antitan's pit.

Antlion Elite
View attachment 7370
Hp: 1000
Damage: 50 (contact) 25 (sand)
Fires sand balls at the player at a much higher rate than a regular antlion.

Halbird
View attachment 7371
Flies much faster than a regular vulture.

Flakenbirdt (could use better name)
View attachment 7372
Damage: 15 (contact) 30 (cannons)
Flies slower than a regular vulture, fire cannonballs from time to time.

Desert Eagle
View attachment 7373
Damage: 10 (contact) 20 (bullets)
Flies as fast as a regular vulture, shoots clusters of bullets from time to time.

Treeminator
View attachment 7374
Hp: 25,000
Damage: 50 (contact) 18 (lasers)
Attacks: Moves slightly faster than the ice golem, attempts to smash the player with it's fists and jump on them. Will summon Rootlings. Shoots red lasers.
Debuffs: none
Special: On Fire!, Frostburn, and Cursed Inferno do double damage.
Immunities: Ichor

Drops:
Treeminator Mask 14%
View attachment 7376

Treeminator Trophy (it's his chestplate) 10%
View attachment 7377

Rootling Twig 100%
View attachment 7378
40 summon damage
Weak knockback
30 use time
Summons friendly Rootlings to fight your enemies. Rootlings will occasionally entangle enemies in roots,
freezing them in place.

10 gold coins 100%

Rootling
View attachment 7379
Damage: 25 (contact)
Same AI as splinterlings, but they are faster.

Omegaladon
View attachment 7380
Defense: 25 (first form) 10 (second form)
Damage: 65 (contact) 25 (canons) 40 (bombs) 15 (super laser)
Attacks: Floats above the player raining canon fire down on them, occasionaly dropping greek fire bombs. Rakes the ground with an FTL-esque laser which is very difficult to dodge.
Debuffs: On Fire!, Bleeding
Immunities: On Fire!, Poisoned, Venom

Drops:
Omegaladon Mask 14%
View attachment 7381

Omegaladon Trophy 10%
View attachment 7382

Whale Cannon (could use better name) 100%
View attachment 7383
80 explosive damage, 60 bomb damage, 30 fire damage.
Massive knockback
30/40 usetime
Left-click fires a cannon ball, right click fires a fire bomb out of the top.
The bomb explodes into greek fire.

10 gold coins 100%

New enemies

Walking sea creatures.
View attachment 7385

Walking Shark
Damage: 70 (contact)
Walks slowly but deals massive damage.

Walking Jellyfish
Hp: 250
Damage: 40 (contact)
Walks towards the play faster than a crab.

Walking Squid
Damage: 30 (contact)
Sprints towards the player as fast as the Hellhound.

King Krab
View attachment 7386
Hp: 4000
Walks Faster than a regular crab, and summons 3 at a time periodically until death.

Deep Sea Goldfish
View attachment 7387
Damage: 10 (contact) 25 (Harpoon)
Walks toward the player and fires a harpoon at the player. Acts exactly the same as the player harpoon.

Frizard
View attachment 7388
Damage: 40 (Contact) 25 (ice balls) 10 (frost breath)
Attacks: Floats toward the player contantly launching slow moving ice balls. When close enough to the play, breathes ice on them freezing them instantly.
Debuffs: Frozen, Chilled
Immunities: Frostburn, Venom, Ichor

Drops:
Frizard Mask 14%
View attachment 7390

Frizard Trophy 10%
View attachment 7391

Ice Flak 100%
View attachment 7392
60/30 Ranged damage
Strong knockback
25 usetime
Uses ice/pink ice/purple ice/red ice blocks for ammo. When ice flak is in inventory, the Gun Dealer will sell ice for 15 copper.
shoots large ice-balls that explode into large ice shards damaging enemies for half as much as the ice ball.

10 gold coins 100%

Muthram
View attachment 7397
Damage: 50 (contact) 20 (spore dust) 30 (charge contact)
Attacks: Behaves like a regular moth most of the time, occasionaly charging the player, also drops spore dust from it's wings. The spore dust deals constant damage and inflicts a random debuff. Each debuff lasts for 10 seconds.
Debuffs: Confused, Weak, Cursed, Blind, Slowness

Drops:
Muthram Mask 14%
View attachment 7398

Muthram Trophy 10%
View attachment 7399

Spore Blaster 100%
View attachment 7400
40 magic damage
very weak knockback
23 usetime
15 mana usage
Fires a slow moving spore cloud that inflicts a random debuff and deals constant damage.

10 gold coins 100%

And that's it. Please give feedback and ideas for improvement if you have any.
I like it all apart from antitian, as he could be so easily exploited

Back
Top Bottom