NPCs & Enemies [Event] The Fog

Annnnd I just got done with some kinda meh sprites, basically I got bored of what I was doing, saw an alert for this thread, and made some sprites. If you could tell me how to improve some of them that'd be great (mostly the Faceless, that one stinks.....) But without further ado, the sprites.
Bog Monster
I like it! It's interesting that you put metal bits on it. I'm not sure if I mentioned having those, but I think it pulls it together. Tbh, I just imagined a Swamp Thing in my head when I imagined what the Bog Monster would look like.
Lone Wanderer
I like the aesthetic of this one, though I had actually imagined the Wanderer as being a little more innocent-looking, to trick players into approaching it. It would be a sweet sprite for the evil version, though.
This one is actually pretty different from what I imagined, haha. I had imagined the Mistwolf as a wolf made of black fog, sorta like the pic below:
ab8c1f8884d824b969d60534c6409745.jpg

Nice effort though! I'm digging the fading animation.
This one has a good start, I would just make the body more distinctly "spider-like," i.e. adding a more distinct head and abdomen. It's pretty good otherwise, and it'd probably have longer legs ingame.
Ok I actually love this one. The only thing I have to say is to desaturate the colors a little bit to blend in with the Fog's gray, desaturated color scheme.
This is probably the cutest Wendigo I've ever seen. I like it, but it's pretty far from the cannibalistic evil spirit of folklore that I imagined:
Wendigo1.jpg
This one's probably the furthest from what I imagined, lol. It looks like Slender Man, like, literally:
victor-surge-e569f5dc-0425-4d09-a45b-0edd9b0d9478.jpg
These are cool! It's interesting to see how other people interpret these creatures:

I'll see if I can make some changes tomorrow, and on the wendigo, um, uh... yeah.... I had no idea it looked like that, that's going to haunt me in my dreams, can't wait to sprite it :p And I also had almost no idea what the slenderman looked like, besides being a slender man. The only time I've really seen a picture was in a Garry's Mod, well, mod, and it was surrounded by fog as the screen was shaking. Otherwise I'm glad you liked the sprites, I'm happy to help this event along to being in the game (I hope)

How's this for the Lone wanderer/shadow?

Attachments

• Lone wanderer.png
    Lone wanderer.png
    426 bytes · Views: 115
Last edited:
So I was going to be busy tonight, but then I wasn't, then I was bored, so I've updated those sprites.
I'm just going to lob them all in the same spoiler, making new spoilers is such a pain....

Faceless.png

Should be about twice the height of the player model.

I know Muninn already made some great sprites for this, but I'm just going to stick them here anyways.
Lone WadererN.png
Lone WadererNdopple.png

Mist Wolf fulltest.png

Not exactly as the art, but kinda close.
Mist Wolf fulltest.gif

MothmanD.png

I'm mostly sure this is what you meant.

Strider.png

I hate everything about this one.

WendigoEVIL.png

Turns out claws are actually weirdly big, and the antlers were cramped by the canvas size. Now that I see it not zoomed all the way in the blood looks a bit odd....

If you don't feel like using these I'll just leave, and let Muninn do all the work ;)

Back
Top Bottom