Weapons & Equip Event YoYos! Adding some fun to events!

Which Yoyos do you like?

• Drizzle

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Mortem

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Spike

• Shadowthrow

• Yo-Ho

• Eclipse

• Jak

• Fractal

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Teslawheel

• Sunstroke

• All of them!

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • None of them (please specify.)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Frosty

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
Wow these sprites are poop. I'll get around to redoing them soon

Note: I did not include Old One's Army, as I couldn't think of anything for it.

So events are fun and all, but I have noticed one thing. They all have swords, magic stuff, summoning, devices guns, bows, but no yoyos (besides Eye of Cthulhu). Even as a mobile player myself, with 1.3 coming soon (yay!), I have thought of some ideas for new, unique yo-yoyos that could drop from all the events. Also, all enemies in the events have a small chance to drop their respective Yoyo, but the mini-bosses would have a higher chance. Now I will list the yoyos.

Drizzle:
Has a 2% drop chance from any enemy while it is raining. When used, it has a range of 10 and does 12 damage. When hitting an enemy, small drops of water will come out, damaging enemies. Has a spin time of 5 seconds.

IMG_1246.PNG

Mortem:
Has a 1% drop chance from all enemies in the Blood Moon. When used, it has a range of 12 and does 15 damage. When it hits an enemy, a cloud of blood surrounds the yoyo for a second, which will also damage enemies. Has a spin time of 7 seconds.

IMG_1251.PNG

Spyke: Has a 1% drop chance from all goblin army enemies in pre-hardmode. When used, it has a range of 6 and does 15 damage. When hitting an enemy, spiky balls will emerge from the yoyo, damaging enemies. The spiky balls despawm after a few seconds, so that players cannot exploit the spiky balls.

IMG_1253.PNG

Shadowthrow: Has a 1% drop chance from all enemies in hardmode, and a 5% drop chance from Shadowflame Sorcerer. When used, it has a range of 15 and does 40 damage. When hitting an enemy, a ball of shadowflame will emerge from the yoyo and home in on enemies. Yoyo and flames cause shadowflame. Has a spin time of 13.

IMG_1252.PNG

Yo-Ho:
Has a 1% drop chance from all pirate invasion enemies. Flying Dutchman has a 5% drop chance. When used, it has a range of 17 and does 45 damage. If the player has counterweights equipped, the counterweights will appear to become parrots, which does 10 more damage than the original counterweights. Has a spin time of 18.

IMG_1256.PNG

Frosty:
Has a 1% drop chance from enemies in the Frost Legion. It does 45 damage and has a range of 20. When it is used, a cloud of snow will envelop the yoyo, dealing damage to enemies. The yoyo itself has a 25% chance to inflict enemies with the Frozen debuff. It has a spin time of 18.

IMG_1249.PNG

Eclipse:
Has a 1% drop chance from all pre-mechanical enemies. When used, it has a range of 20 and does 60 damage. When used, any counterweights will turn into eclipse counterweights, which deal 15 more damage than the original counterweight. Has a spin time of 20.

IMG_1247.PNG

Eye of Cthulhu: Remains the same except that counterweights turn into demon eyes, dealing 30 more damage than the original counterweight.

Jak:
Has a 1% drop chance from all pumpkin moon enemies and a 5% drop chance from mini-bosses. When used, it has a range of 23 and does 135 damage. When hitting an enemy, Greek fire, like from mourning wood, would fly out of it and onto the ground, dealing damage to enemies that touch it.The yoyo itself can set enemies on fire. Has infinite spin.

IMG_1250.PNG

Fractal:
Has a 1% drop chance, mini- bosses besides Ice Queen have 3%, and Ice Queen has 5%. When used, it has a range of 23 and does 140 damage. When hitting an enemy, ice shards will fly out in a circle, similar to Ice Queen's attack. The yoyo itself can inflict frostburn. Has infinite spin.

IMG_1248.PNG

Teslawheel:
Has a 1% drop chance from all enemies and 5% drop chance from Martian Saucer. While being used, it has a range of 24 and does 150 damage. When used, lightning bolts will fly from the yoyo, damaging nearby enemies and giving the electrified debuff. The yoyo itself can also electrify enemies. Has infinite spin.

IMG_1255.PNG

Sunstroke:
Crafted with 20 Solar Fragments. When used, it has a range of 24 and does 175 damage. When it is used, flames will shoot from the Yoyo, causing the Daybroken debuff. The yoyo itself also causes Daybroken. It also has infinite spin time.

IMG_1254.PNG

Thank you Storm Dragonica for suggesting the Sunstroke yoyo, Potato Overlord for the Teslawheel name, and AgentNoName101 for balancing the drop rates!

Thank you for reading my suggestion! Let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
Even with its various effects, I feel like Fractal needs a considerable damage buff. 145 damage seems fair, seeing as how both the difficulty of obtaining the yoyo and the secondary effects lie in between the Jak and the Electrothrow. Also, "Electrothrow" just sounds a bit... underwhelming. Maybe a name like "Teslawheel" would sound cooler?

Even with its various effects, I feel like Fractal needs a considerable damage buff. 145 damage seems fair, seeing as how both the difficulty of obtaining the yoyo and the secondary effects lie in between the Jak and the Electrothrow. Also, "Electrothrow" just sounds a bit... underwhelming. Maybe a name like "Teslawheel" would sound cooler?

Thank you for your advice! I really like this advice, so I will update my thread accordingly! (I just realized that Fractal's damage is a typo. Oops!)

What about the lunar events.

Would be cool to see a Stardust yo-yo thing, that doubles the amount of yo-yo you have, up to four, if you have the Yo-yo Glove/Yo-yo Bag

What about the lunar events.

Would be cool to see a Stardust yo-yo thing, that doubles the amount of yo-yo you have, up to four, if you have the Yo-yo Glove/Yo-yo Bag

I did think about adding yoyos for the Lunar Events, but yoyos are melee weapons, so they wouldn't exactly fit with each of the tower's themes. Although, the moon lord does drop the Terraria, which could be considered an event Yoyo for this purpose.

I did think about adding yoyos for the Lunar Events, but yoyos are melee weapons, so they wouldn't exactly fit with each of the tower's themes. Although, the moon lord does drop the Terraria, which could be considered an event Yoyo for this purpose.
The best yo-yo you can get is Eye of Cthulhu, which is post-Plantera. It is strong, but not as efficient for Moon Lord.

I guess a solar-themed yo-yo from the solar pillar enemies would work?

The best yo-yo you can get is Eye of Cthulhu, which is post-Plantera. It is strong, but not as efficient for Moon Lord.

I guess a solar-themed yo-yo from the solar pillar enemies would work?

Now that I think about it, this could actually work! I will try to add a solar Yoyo to the set. Thank you very much!

Maybe you should increase drop chances of all the 1% bosses. I'm doing a yoyo expert run rn and I would love this, but having to grind up to 100 mini-bosses would be annoying. Can it at least be 5-10% from the mini-bosses?

Maybe you should increase drop chances of all the 1% bosses. I'm doing a yoyo expert run rn and I would love this, but having to grind up to 100 mini-bosses would be annoying. Can it at least be 5-10% from the mini-bosses?
Ok, I see how this could work. I am probably going to change that now. Thanks for the advice!

This is so good ! With those balanced droprates and sprites, that what does the poise of the thread ! I know this is an old thre but suggestion,but go to Portfolios Section and make an thread featuring all of threads you made ! Support 100%

This is so good ! With those balanced droprates and sprites, that what does the poise of the thread ! I know this is an old thre but suggestion,but go to Portfolios Section and make an thread featuring all of threads you made ! Support 100%
Actually, I’m working on a large compilation one now! I have one for my Small Suggestion Saturday series too!

I think the Pirate Yo Yo should fallow the theme if thier drops.
Insetad if a skill and bones I think it would be better if it was golden and had gem stones like rubies

Back
Top Bottom