Weapons & Equip EVERY ARMOR SET IS OP!!! All of Pre-HM. (Suggestion not a complaint)

Schparks

Secret Tree Lover
Hey there, kiddos! Its me, your friendly neighborhood crackhead friend. Im back with another half-baked, written at 3am suggestion that I will clean up at an undetermined time. This time I bring you something that is truly very dumb hahhahah. I spent 4 weeks thinking about this and 4 hours compiling, so please enjoy.

As the name suggests I will be giving every single armor set an overpowered bonus. Some armors may have more changes than others, and I'm leaving Old One's Army sets out because I'm not very familiar with them (and I'm lazy), but I might do them later. As always, leave your suggestions, comments, and critiques below.

Woah a table and text colors! Ive never done THIS before
Armor NameArmor Bonus OldArmor Bonus NewFlavor Text
Wood Armor+1 DefenseLiving Wood wand and Leaf Wand are free to use.Infinite wood? Yes please.
Rich Mahogany Armor+1 DefenseLiving Mahogany Wand and Rich Mahogany Leaf Wand are free to use.Infinite wood in RICHER blocks? Hell yeah.
Boreal Wood Armor+1 DefenseAll Flaming Arrows will turn into Frostburn ArrowsWe'll just PRETEND it makes sense.
Ebonwood Armor+1 Defense+5% Movement Speed and Attack.Downgrade of Shadow Armor.
Shadewood Armor+1 DefenseSlightly Increased Life Regen.Downgrade of Crimson Armor.
Palmwood Armor+1 DefenseWhenever you take Damage you expel a coconut that deals 10 damage to an enemyFun Fact: Palm Trees are closer related to grass than trees.
Pearlwood Armor+1 DefenseCharge Into Enemies For 15 Damage.Pretty Rainbows.
Cactus ArmorFlat Thorns damage of 15 (30/45)Thorns, and a 10% Speed BoostAlternate buff name: Prickles. Put some in your step.
Pumpkin Armor+10% Damage+15% Damage.Extra attack power with PUMPKINS. This set made no sense in the first place you cant blame me.
Spooky Armor+25% Minion Damage (58% total)Old Buff, +2 Minions.Its a wood armor I forgot....
Copper Armor+2 DefenseDrop 1-5 Copper Ore when you get hurt.This isn't that broken.
Tin Armor+2 DefenseDrop 1-5 Tin Ore when you get hurt.Tin or Copper? I prefer the latter myself.
Iron Armor+2 Defense+10% Crit Chance and +3 DamageCan you tell I ran out of ideas with these armor sets?
Lead Armor+3 Defense+7% Crit Chance and +3 DefenseWhy is Lead better than Iron?
Silver Armor+3 Defense+10% Damage and +3 DefenseShiny.
Tungsten Armor+3 Defense+7% Damage and +3 DefenseTungsten should be toughest armor Imo.
Gold Armor+3 Defense+15% Attack Speed and +3 DefenseShiny
Platinum Armor+4 Defense+12% Attack Speed and +4 DefenseDefense looks weird now.
Ancient Cobalt/Jungle Armor-16% Mana Usage-33% Mana Usage.1/3 of mana saved is a 1/3 of mana earned.
Meteor ArmorSpace Gun Use Costs 0 Mana (Applies to Zapinators.)Space Gun (and Zapinators) cost 0 mana AND 75% chance not to consume stars as ammo.I remember feeling ripped off when I turned my Minishark into a Star Cannon.
Shadow/Ancient Shadow Armor+15% Movement Speed+25% Movement AND Attack Speed.Actually making Shadow armor viable.
Crimson ArmorGreatly Increased Life RegenerationNo Change.This armor set is already broken, like jeez.
Molten Armor+17% Melee Damage
7% increased melee speed
7% critical strike chance
Immunity to the On Fire! debuff
+25% Melee Damage, Melee Attack Speed and 14% Crit Chance and Melee Weapons inflict On Fire! Debuff. Immunity to On Fire!I feel like this is fair for end of Pre-HM. As Op buffs go, y'know?
Mining Armor+30% Mining Speed+50% Mining Speed.
Removes the cap.
Its the ONLY armor set that affects mining speed. Lets make it SUPER cool.
Snow/Pink Snow ArmorNone.Immune to Chilled and Frozen debuffs.So, so, SO cozy.
Rain ArmorNoneRain event enemies are less likely to attack you.Nyoom.
Fishing ArmorNone50% Chance not to use Bait.FISHING SUCKS SO MUCH. Might as well to try and make it bearable.
Gladiator Armor
Grants Immunity to Knockback
Grants Immunity to Knockback -10% Damage taken and +10% Damage.THIS, IS, SPARRRTTAAAA!!!
Ninja Armor20% Increased Movement Speed+10% in EVERYTHING and option to enter Stealth Mode when standing still.Its the Ninja's Discipline.
Fossil Armor20% Chance to not Consume Ammo20% Chance to not Consume Ammo and +10% Crit Strike Chance.This armor is a huge pain in the :red: to get.
Obsidian Armor
  • 25% increase of Summon damage
  • +1 minion slot
  • 50% increased Whip speed
  • 50% increased Whip range
Previous buffs and immune to On Fire! Debuff and 7 seconds of Lava Immunity (Stackable).1.4.1 Hell yeah.
Bee Armor+10% Minion DamageGain the Honied Buff whenever you take damage and +15% Minion Damage.I REALLY HATE PLAYING SUMMONER
Necro Armor+15% Increased Ranged Critical Strike Chance 20% Chance not to Consume Ammo+25% Increased Ranged Critical Strike Chance 33% Chance not to Consume Ammo AND Bone Glove is free to useBone Glove seems viable now, imo.

Whew, that's Pre-HM out of the way.

Cobalt ArmorVarious BuffsOld Buffs x2I want to give the old HM ores cool buffs, but I understand a lot of
people like the stat increases.
Palladium ArmorRapid Healing Buff for 5 Seconds After Hitting an Enemy.Rapid Healing Buff for 10 Seconds after Hitting an Enemy.Crimson armor but worse.
Mythril ArmorVarious BuffsOld Buffs x2This feels so boring but oh well.
Orichalcum ArmorFlower Petals Will Fall on Your Target for Extra DamageThe Old Buff, but you Only Attack once and The Petals Have a Higher ROF.I don't even know how to say this,
much less spell it without help.
Adamantite ArmorVarious BuffsOld Buffs x2Titanium but stats.
Titanium ArmorTitanium Shards After Patch.Titanium Shards Before Patch.YEssssss
Hallowed/Ancient Hallowed ArmorVarious BuffsVarious Buffs x2 + Holy Protection for All Armors.Is this a thing?
Chlorophyte ArmorLeaf CrystalLeaf Crystal is Faster and Projectiles Home in.Pew pew
Shroomite ArmorStealth Effect When Standing Still:
  • Enemies are Less Likely to Attack you
  • Damage and Knockback of Ranged Weapons Increased up to 45% While in Stealth
Old buff but 90% Increase.Rockets go Brrrrr
Spider Armor+12% Minion Damage+12% Minion Damage and Spider Staff Summons take up .25 of a Minion Slot.12 spider minions yum.
Crystal Assassin Armor10% Increased Damage and Critical Strike Chance, and 15% Increased Movement Speed, Dash.+20% in EVERYTHING and option to enter stealth mode, even when moving slowly.Ninja, but better.
Forbidden ArmorDouble tap ▼ Down to call an ancient storm to the cursor locationOld Buff, EXCEPT, you can summon Ancient Storms based on the number of minions you can summon.I wonder if this is okay.
Frost ArmorMelee and Ranged Attacks Cause FrostburnALL Attacks cause Frozen debuff.Freezie Pops.
Turtle ArmorMelee attacking enemies receive damage inflicted equal to twice their damage value before your defense reduction. Reduces damage taken by 15%Thorns x2Huh?
Tiki Armor+1 Minion Capacity (+4 total)+1 Minion Capacity + Pygmies take up .5 of a slot.8 Pygmies. Cool.
Spectre Armor
  • Spectre Hood:
    • Set Bonus: 20% of magic damage done to enemies heals you, or a nearby ally with the lowest health
  • Spectre Mask:
    • Set Bonus: Magic damage done to enemies spawns homing orbs that attack for 1/3 of weapon strength.
  • Spectre Hood:
    • Set Bonus: 50% of magic damage done to enemies heals you, or a nearby ally with the lowest health
  • Spectre Mask:
    • Set Bonus: Magic damage done to enemies spawns homing orbs that attack for ALL of weapons strength.
I LOVE this armor set.
Beetle Armor
  • Scale mail:
    • Set Bonus: Increases melee damage and speed in increments of 10%, up to 30%
  • Shell:
    • Set Bonus: Starts at 15% damage mitigation and goes up to 45%
  • Scale mail:
    • Set Bonus: Increases melee damage and speed in increments of 20%, up to 60%
  • Shell:
    • Set Bonus: Starts at 30% damage mitigation and goes up to 90%
Scuttle,Scuttle,
Scuttle,Scuttle
Armor NameArmor Bonus OldArmor Bonus New
Flavor Text
Nebula ArmorHurting enemies has a chance to spawn buff boosters, pick boosters up to get stacking buffs.Old Buff, but stacks up to 25% and +200 mana.Most OP
Endgame Armor.
Mage is my favorite class.
Stardust ArmorSummons a Stardust Guardian which follows the player around (and defends the player). Double tap ▼ Down to direct your guardian to a location.Old Buff, +10 Defense and +2 Minion CapacitySummoner needs more defense
Solar ArmorSolar shields generate over time protecting you, consume the shield power to dash, damaging enemiesOld Buff, +33% in all Melee Damage and Attack Speed and +20 Defense.OP?
Vortex ArmorDouble tap ▼ Down to toggle stealth, increasing ranged ability and reducing chance for enemy to target you but slowing movementOld Buff, And use time for weapons decreases by 1% for every bullet that hits, up to a maximum of 50%OP.

FINALLY! We're done. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Mining Armor+30% Mining Speed+100% Mining Speed.Its the ONLY armor set that affects mining speed. Lets make it SUPER cool.

Just want to pick up: the Mining armor's +30% mining speed means reduce the mining time by 30%, so it actually gives 1/(1-30%)=1.42X mining speed bonus, so to give 100% speed bonus, it should say +50% mining speed, +100% doesn't make sense (or in the game code, the speed time bonus is capped at 70%, or 3.33X speed).

Necro Armor+15% Increased Ranged Critical Strike Chance 20% Chance not to Consume Ammo
Also, the necro armor is now only gives a 15% crit (as least as the tooltip says).

Just want to pick up: the Mining armor's +30% mining speed means reduce the mining time by 30%, so it actually gives 1/(1-30%)=1.42X mining speed bonus, so to give 100% speed bonus, it should say +50% mining speed, +100% doesn't make sense (or in the game code, the speed time bonus is capped at 70%, or 3.33X speed).

Also, the necro armor is now only gives a 15% crit (as least as the tooltip says).
Thanks dude!

I love what you did for the prehardmode ore armors. It's basically like journey mode's research function for that ore, and it makes the bar cost actually make sense.

Fixed up some weird buffs. Mining armor removes the mining speed cap and Vortex now gives 100% ammo reduction

Hey add living wood armour to suggestion as other typeo of wooden armor and your set bonus from wood set will be realy reasonable
Crafts on living loom from wood and vine (can be collected with special accesory)

Last edited:
Hey add living wood armour to suggestion as other typeo of wooden armor and your set bonus from wood set will be realy reasonable
Crafts on living loom from wood and vine (can be collected with special accesory)
Im only doing vanilla armors atm, but i might do some modded armors next.

Apparently new updates to the game happened. Obsidian armor and Gladiator armor have been updated. Part of me feels like the devs are watching this page...

Last edited:
Vortex armor sure is OP, even comparing with Nebula and (old) Solar armor, but your new ability is boring, even comparing with old one (literally shroomite 2.0 lol), because it doesn't affect on combat capabilities. IMO damage and crit chance must be decreased by third, and bonus should be reworked for less stealthy combat purposes. For example: after some number of inflicted damage use time of ranged weapons will be decreased by 1%, up to 40%, and bonus will decrease if you doesn't do damage

Vortex armor sure is OP, even comparing with Nebula and (old) Solar armor, but your new ability is boring, even comparing with old one (literally shroomite 2.0 lol), because it doesn't affect on combat capabilities. IMO damage and crit chance must be decreased by third, and bonus should be reworked for less stealthy combat purposes. For example: after some number of inflicted damage use time of ranged weapons will be decreased by 1%, up to 40%, and bonus will decrease if you doesn't do damage
Love that idea! Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom