tModLoader Everything Deserves a Theme

[IMPORTANT] Would you prefer the music sticking to Terraria style or use Lonely Star's own style?

• Total voters

GoodPro712

Terrarian
Hi, I'm Lonely Star.
Massive, massive thanks to GoodPro712, through him I am able to present you one of the unique mods!

Hi, I'm GoodPro712.
I coded this whole mod and set it up on here, Github and Discord. I'm happy to present to you EDAT!
Github: GoodPro712/EDAT
Discord: Join the GoodPro712's Mods Discord Server!
Youtube with the tracks: Lonely Star's Library
My other mods: http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/tools/ranksbysteamid.php?steamid64=76561198422040054

This mod does not replace themes. This is NOT a music replacement mod. You will still find every theme you love somewhere in the game.

This mod makes every single theme unique by adding around 20 new tracks.
In vanilla six bosses alone share the Boss 1 Theme for example, with this mod every single boss will have it's own custom composed theme, specifically for this game, often recycling small, or big portions of existing tracks.
(Boss 1 to 5 are still used by one boss respectively, by the one that best fits it in my opinion. Boss 1 - Skeletron, Boss 2 - Wall of Flesh and so on)

But it doesn't end with bosses. Ever noticed how the Forest and Ice Biome have their own Underground themes while The Jungle and The Desert don't? That's right, many new biome themes have been implemented, to make certain areas feel more special, without removing any.

The Party, Frost Legion, and Slime Rain got unique themes too.
Hell still plays it's an original theme, but occasionally it'll switch to the Eerie theme it used to have like the Forest and Underground have one alternate theme respectively.

Every track has it's own music box of course, with Terraria-like sprites - and the vanilla music boxes have been reworked, just so everything fits better together.
One new NPC is added with this mod. The Lonely Vendor, they sell each mod- and vanilla music box for 1 platinum each, because honestly, I want to make sure you get to hear every theme; that's why I made them after all.

DISCLAIMER: I lied about not replacing themes. Three themes are replaced by default but can be toggled off. These three are:
Boss 3 (Destroyer)
Crimson Underground
Corruption Underground

Why?
Boss 3 doesn't fit the bosses' atmosphere and underground Crimson is hardly music.
The reason I replaced underground corruption is that, in my opinion, it doesn't fit the zone at all. It's 90% the happy underground theme and slips into corruption occasionally; doesn't feel right. I tried to retain the spirit of the theme, so I made a sort of evil remaster of the underground theme.
Toggle them off if you wish! I won't be mad!

"Why not make all of them toggleable?"- Because that's exactly what this mod is not trying to do. Every theme should feel unique, not just some. the reason the 3 are toggleable is that these are the only three that take another theme out of the game completely.

Last edited:
Hey, this mod is pretty great but it's a bit buggy. Whenever a party starts, the theme keeps going no matter how far away you get or what biome you're in (also it just sounds like the ocean theme, is that intentional or also a bug?). The underground dessert theme also plays above ground (it also doesn't sound very befitting of the biome). Every other track I've heard so far is fantastic, I particularly love the blood moon track. I can't find any of the music boxes either, even with item browser, just a purple orb that doesn't do anything.

Hey, this mod is pretty great but it's a bit buggy. Whenever a party starts, the theme keeps going no matter how far away you get or what biome you're in (also it just sounds like the ocean theme, is that intentional or also a bug?). The underground dessert theme also plays above ground (it also doesn't sound very befitting of the biome). Every other track I've heard so far is fantastic, I particularly love the blood moon track. I can't find any of the music boxes either, even with item browser, just a purple orb that doesn't do anything.
First of all, thank you for taking the time to report these. `The underground dessert theme also plays above ground` has been fixed for the next update. The music boxes are coming in the update after the next one. I'll fix the party theme. It sounds like a mega mash of every track I think (I didn't make the music) Ill try and get the next update out in an hour with the party themed fixed

That was a fast fix! But it seems you over-corrected, now the music doesn't start until you're nearly at the bottom of the underground dessert. Cheers!

That was a fast fix! But it seems you over-corrected, now the music doesn't start until you're nearly at the bottom of the underground dessert. Cheers!
ill look into it, thanks
EDIT: I'll fix it when the music boxes come out. The mod is so big in size with music it took almost 2 hours to publish

DISCLAIMER: I used Cheat Sheet to access the music boxes and spawn bosses.

I love the ambition and creativity of this project, so I'd like to give my own feedback. I acknowledge that this is a work in progress. I hope my feedback doesn't discourage you and only strengthens this project.
  • First of all, I love a lot of the boss tracks. EoC, the Twins, and Skeletron Prime are my favorites.
  • Audio balancing is a bit screwy for some tracks -- I shouldn't have to crank my speakers down whenever I visit the underground desert.
  • I'm not noticing any major difference in the Underground evil biomes. Maybe that's intentional -- if so, I approve.
  • As far as I can tell, Destroyer doesn't play any music at all and I can't find his music box. Marble music box doesn't play.
  • I personally think you SHOULD add toggle for all added tracks. I really love some of the additions (mainly bosses), but I don't feel certain other ones (mainly places). Being able to choose would make this mod more desirable.
I'd love to this mod continue to improve and develop. Thanks for taking the time to make it.

Last edited:
Back with another report. It occurs to me that you probably used depth to determine when the underground dessert theme should play, right? I started a new world and once again the music doesn't start until I'm way far down into it, probably due to height differences in the desserts between worlds. So unless there's some other way to trigger the music (like actually detecting if you're in the biome) then it's gonna be a bit screwy and you may as well just set it as high as possible so it covers the whole dessert, since other desserts exist in the world to hear the original theme.

Also, like the party theme, slime rains just play the ocean theme. I agree with the guy above too, there should just be toggles for all of the music.

DISCLAIMER: I used Cheat Sheet to access the music boxes and spawn bosses.

I love the ambition and creativity of this project, so I'd like to give my own feedback. I acknowledge that this is a work in progress. I hope my feedback doesn't discourage you and only strengthens this project.
  • First of all, I love a lot of the boss tracks. EoC, the Twins, and Skeletron Prime are my favorites.
  • Audio balancing is a bit screwy for some tracks -- I shouldn't have to crank my speakers down whenever I visit the underground desert.
  • I'm not noticing any major difference in the Underground evil biomes. Maybe that's intentional -- if so, I approve.
  • As far as I can tell, Destroyer doesn't play any music at all and I can't find his music box. Marble music box doesn't play.
  • I personally think you SHOULD add toggle for all added tracks. I really love some of the additions (mainly bosses), but I don't feel certain other ones (mainly places). Being able to choose would make this mod more desirable.
I'd love to this mod continue to improve and develop. Thanks for taking the time to make it.
First of all, thank you for your feedback.
First of all, I love a lot of the boss tracks. EoC, the Twins, and Skeletron Prime are my favorites. I'm sure Lonely Star would be happy to hear that :)

Audio balancing is a bit screwy for some tracks -- I shouldn't have to crank my speakers down whenever I visit the underground desert. tbh I actually forgot about this. I'll look into it more |

I'm not noticing any major difference in the Underground evil biomes. Maybe that's intentional -- if so, I approve. Since these *replace* the biomes they don't want huge changes so yes, intentional.

As far as I can tell, Destroyer doesn't play any music at all and I can't find his music box. Destroyer won't have a music box because its the last boss that plays boss 3; boss 3 is getting fully replaced (config tho). He's track still isn't done yet and should be made soon.

Marble music box doesn't play. Marble track isn't finished either.
I personally think you SHOULD add toggle for all added tracks. I really love some of the additions (mainly bosses), but I don't feel certain other ones (mainly places). Being able to choose would make this mod more desirable. I'll talk to Lonely Star and see what he thinks :p

I'm greatly happy that you have enjoyed the mod! I hope you continue to use it!

Back with another report. It occurs to me that you probably used depth to determine when the underground dessert theme should play, right? I started a new world and once again the music doesn't start until I'm way far down into it, probably due to height differences in the desserts between worlds. So unless there's some other way to trigger the music (like actually detecting if you're in the biome) then it's gonna be a bit screwy and you may as well just set it as high as possible so it covers the whole dessert, since other desserts exist in the world to hear the original theme.

Also, like the party theme, slime rains just play the ocean theme. I agree with the guy above too, there should just be toggles for all of the music.
I could probably check if the player is standing in front of a desert wall

Do you think you could make like a youtube channel for the themes in the mod? Sometimes i like to just listen to a single theme and mute ingame songs. I like the way these songs sound so i'd like to do that too for these.

Back again with another report. Remember how I said the slime rain plays ocean music? Well it's playing the proper new slime rain theme (verified by music box)... underground. On the surface it still plays the ocean theme during a slime rain, but it plays correctly underground for some reason.

hm ok weird
Back again with another report. Remember how I said the slime rain plays ocean music? Well it's playing the proper new slime rain theme (verified by music box)... underground. On the surface it still plays the ocean theme during a slime rain, but it plays correctly underground for some reason.

Update on the blood moon track, I found out that it plays the vanilla track in the snow and jungle biomes, the new track plays correctly elsewhere.
Also there appears to not be a music box for the new blood moon track.

Back
Top Bottom