Sprites EXCLUSIVE Small Suggestion Sunday: Macabre Arrows and Blood Mandibles!

Want these?

• Yep!

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Maybeh

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Needs WORK (Please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
(I decided to post one more small suggestion this weekend since it's my last day of summer, so I hope you like it!)

Something that has always stood out to me about the Crimson is that one of the only items it doesn't have a Corruption counterpart to is Unholy Arrows. Even though you can still craft Unholy Arrows in both Corruption and Crimson worlds, it still maintains the same aesthetic of the Corruption that doesn't entirely fit with the Crimson. To solve this, I propose a new arrow type called the Macabre Arrow as a way to add a unique arrow variety to the Crimson.

Macabre Arrow.png

Macabre Arrows would be crafted with 5 Wooden Arrows and 1 Blood Mandible
Bloody Mandible.png
, with Blood Mandibles cting as a Crimson alternative to Worm Teeth dropped in groups of 1-3 by Blood Crawlers (would also be used to craft Thorns Potions). When shot, Macabre Arrows deal 10 damage on impact as well as dripping small blood droplets as they fly, which deal damage to enemies they fall on. Between introducing a missing material counterpart and a unique ammo effect, Macabre Arrows would be a good way to fill in this inconsistency between the evil biomes

Thanks for reading my suggestion! Please let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
I think the arrows damage should be around 8. Also, the arrows should also be available by the arms dealer as well
I made the arrow's damage so that it's on par with Unholy arrows, but I see what you mean. Also, I already mentioned them being sold by the Arms Dealer.

(I decided to post one more small suggestion this weekend since it's my last day of summer, so I hope you like it!)

So, we all know Unholy Arrows, cool ammo at the beginning of the game from the corruption. But don't you wish there was a crimson equivalent? I introduce to you: Bloody Arrows!

View attachment 207732

Bloody Arrows could be crafted with 5 Wooden Arrows and 1 Blood Mandible (View attachment 207733) at an anvil. When shot, they do 10 damage and will occasionally drop small blood droplets that fall and damage enemies. In crimson worlds, they drop in place of Unholy Arrows from Eye of Cthulhu and are sold by the Arms Dealer for 50 copper. However, you may have noticed the Blood Mandible as well:

View attachment 207733

Blood Mandibles have a 25% drop chance from Blood Crawlers in groups of 1-3. These can either be used to craft Bloody Arrows or Thorns Potions, replacing the Worm Tooth ingredient to make it available in both worlds.

Thanks for reading my suggestion! Please let me know what you think in the comments!

Full support!

Looks good! Now we just need to remedy some other injustices, like Crimson having vines but not Corruption. :)

Not sure about the blood effect though. Ichor is a bit overdone in the Crimson, so maybe not a good idea to replace the blood with ichor. Maybe the Bloody Arrows could be Poisoned Arrows and/or inflict poisoned instead?
(For comparison, to save others checking the Wiki: Unholy Arrows pierce an indefinite amount of enemies.)

Looks good! Now we just need to remedy some other injustices, like Crimson having vines but not Corruption. :)

Not sure about the blood effect though. Ichor is a bit overdone in the Crimson, so maybe not a good idea to replace the blood with ichor. Maybe the Bloody Arrows could be Poisoned Arrows and/or inflict poisoned instead?
(For comparison, to save others checking the Wiki: Unholy Arrows pierce an indefinite amount of enemies.)
Thanks for the feedback! I think I’m going to keep the blood droplets, as I think that’s a cool little feature for early game. Thanks for the idea though!

Also, I just realized this, but this is my 50’th suggestion! Thank you all so much for the support!

Neat-o! What about if the blood droplets deal around ~5 damage in total, and also the enemies struck get a blood dripping animation?

One of my favorite pastimes is shooting NPCs in the face with the slime gun. Kind of random, but I like the dripping effect, so blood dripping would be cool.

Hemotic would be a better term than bloody, if only because, even through it doesn't actually exist, it conveys a similar meaning of being related to blood without coming off as unoriginal.

Back
Top Bottom