Portfolio/Multi-Topic Exhaling ideas, inhaling thoughts

Toadoot

Terrarian
I love what the Terraria team has done with most of its NPCs and enemies, just not the ones that are reskins or the like. Not saying I don't like them though. Anyway, as for what I have in mind, here it is!

Enemies...

Slimes: Some slimes may leave... slime. On the ground, when they get hit. My interpretation of it would be that stepping on it would have the same effect as the honey blocks, but maybe not as extreme. If it sounds too tough, I'm sure it'll fit in expert mode. Lol.

Biomes...

Ocean: This biome is quite boring to me, besides the nice scenery, music, and the boss of the biome. It lacks life. There's a few crabs, jellyfish, and other sealife, and the angler for a few seconds. Or permanently. Your choice!

I feel like mermaids wouldn't feel out of place, with Nymphs, Medusa and Lamia scouting around in caverns already.

Not sure, but Moray Eels might work as a wyvern-type enemy as well.
I would also like if the shade of ocean water was a bit more...turquoise, not sure, really. The blue is okay, but kinda generic. I'd have a bigger idea as well, but I'll make a thread for that another time.
Also, you could remove the sun during the sunrise and make a beautiful background for it, but now, I'm just having fun with this.

Forest: The forest is a nice, easygoing biome. It doesn't need many changes. Maybe the background could be darker? Forests are usually dark anyway.
I'd tell you to program branches above torches to get burned, awarding you coal, but that wouldn't go through. Lol.

Desert: The lovely and amazing desert! I especially loathe the sandstorms (but I love the fact they're in the game)- Adding a cactus enemy would be funny, I guess, but let's be real. I'd say to add an oasis, but... it looks like it's being made already. Not that you can't do them yourself. Oh well. I propose a sphinx enemy to be added into the game. Pyramids don't always spawn in worlds, but oh well. They don't have to, unless you make it so.

Snow: I'd say it misses nothing... but I've always wanted penguins and polar bears to reside in the same place. I mean, there's no north or south in the game, right?

Underworld: Don't know. Dark/fallen angels? Eh. Tough one, gotta say. Make enemies spawn from paintings?! You know, the fire imp does have a painting, at least.

Some of the rest of my ideas I'll post later. Have a nice day.

I love what the Terraria team has done with most of its NPCs and enemies, just not the ones that are reskins or the like. Not saying I don't like them though. Anyway, as for what I have in mind, here it is!

Enemies...

Slimes: Some slimes may leave... slime. On the ground, when they get hit. My interpretation of it would be that stepping on it would have the same effect as the honey blocks, but maybe not as extreme. If it sounds too tough, I'm sure it'll fit in expert mode. Lol.

Biomes...

Ocean: This biome is quite boring to me, besides the nice scenery, music, and the boss of the biome. It lacks life. There's a few crabs, jellyfish, and other sealife, and the angler for a few seconds. Or permanently. Your choice!

I feel like mermaids wouldn't feel out of place, with Nymphs, Medusa and Lamia scouting around in caverns already.

Not sure, but Moray Eels might work as a wyvern-type enemy as well.
I would also like if the shade of ocean water was a bit more...turquoise, not sure, really. The blue is okay, but kinda generic. I'd have a bigger idea as well, but I'll make a thread for that another time.
Also, you could remove the sun during the sunrise and make a beautiful background for it, but now, I'm just having fun with this.

Forest: The forest is a nice, easygoing biome. It doesn't need many changes. Maybe the background could be darker? Forests are usually dark anyway.
I'd tell you to program branches above torches to get burned, awarding you coal, but that wouldn't go through. Lol.

Desert: The lovely and amazing desert! I especially loathe the sandstorms (but I love the fact they're in the game)- Adding a cactus enemy would be funny, I guess, but let's be real. I'd say to add an oasis, but... it looks like it's being made already. Not that you can't do them yourself. Oh well. I propose a sphinx enemy to be added into the game. Pyramids don't always spawn in worlds, but oh well. They don't have to, unless you make it so.

Snow: I'd say it misses nothing... but I've always wanted penguins and polar bears to reside in the same place. I mean, there's no north or south in the game, right?

Underworld: Don't know. Dark/fallen angels? Eh. Tough one, gotta say. Make enemies spawn from paintings?! You know, the fire imp does have a painting, at least.

Some of the rest of my ideas I'll post later. Have a nice day.
In case you don't want to read my garbage below: I love these ideas so much...except the Underworld one. (Look down to find out why ;) )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slime Idea- Support, might also give Slime Gun slowing effects? :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ocean Idea- Massive support, I have no idea why there isn't an underground ocean biome with winding caves and treasure to give all those breathing accessories some actual usefulness.

Diving_Helmet.png
Diving_Gear.png
Jellyfish_Diving_Gear.png
Arctic_Diving_Gear.png

Like come on there's a 4-tiered crafting recipe for this dope looking helmet that ultimately will serve as extremely niche and a hindrance to your vanity slots.​

Not to mention as soon as you get this
Neptune%27s_Shell.png
all your hard work collecting the items from that crafting tree is completely thrown out the window as you easily are able to get like 3 of these useless things after every Solar Eclipse, the only reason I need them is because I'm forced into using it in a crafting recipe for an actual useful item:
Celestial_Shell.png
Forest Idea- YES We badly need a forest variant of some sort that accentuates the darker tones, maybe even add shadows that fall from the trees, haha.
Desert Idea- Patience young one, 1.3.6 is coming, and it will bring many a desert item. ;)
Snow Idea- I'm taking this as an idea to add a north/south pole... for that we first need a seamless map that you can walk through on either side, secondly we need a bigger map?
Underworld Idea- I'm going to have to agree with @PeanutMusic on this one, keep in mind Angels are religious figures and some people are very sensitive when it comes to that, I even have a friend who won't watch movies like the Exorcist because of their beliefs. (I'd totally support if people weren't offended though ;) )

You seem very good at making a visually pleasing post! Perhaps adding some colors and stuff would make it look even better though ;) Just a random suggestion, I can't help but smile when I see a nicely formatted post! Sorry for imposing, just thought you had the potential to make some great ideas ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom