NPCs & Enemies Existing Boss Overhauls (expert mechanics)

How would you feel overall if these were implimented

• great, it would make expert mode bosses more interesting

• good, might be slightly frustrating but fair

• neutral, don't care either way

• bad, this would frustrate me

• awful, nope nope nope nope nope

• I don't play on expert mode so only the solar lunatic cultist would affect me and even then.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Masterings

Plantera
Any objections and/or additions on any part of what is discussed here will be acknowledged and changes will be made accordingly.

Now let's get to the point.

All changes apply to Expert mode unless specified.

Golem: It's the boss after plantera, it's the trigger for the cultists (and martians), and as everyone I have talked to about it personally has said a bit too easy for when you fight it.

Change:
the arms inflict the broken armor debuff(30 seconds).
the arms give the body massive defense while working (like skeletron, and skeletron primes in expert).
The head shoots 3 fireballs (25* from center) at once with higher velocity and bounce off surfaces more. (as opposed to a single fireball at once)

(Personal) Truly I'm not confident on any of these, I haven't noticed significant attack changes for the golem on expert and personally find as easy as it is due to its movement patterns not its damage or HP making it harder to change in a fair way tricky.

Lunatic Cultist: The fight to the finish, the last wall before the final trial.

It's got it's expert changes already and that's fine. (Ancient Doom attack added)

(Personal question) anyone else feel this way? that though it has high damage and a wide variety of flashy moves it's easy to avoid?

Change:
The Lunatic Cultist's ancient doom attack (purple skull orbs that explode in a + pattern) have a chance of exploding in a X pattern instead, a visual tell would be the face on object being upsidedown.
Shadow Fireball attack, inflict shadowflame debuff(4-9 seconds depending on HP)
Ice Frost attack, inflict frostburn debuff(5-10 seconds depending on HP)
fireball attack, inflict on fire debuff(6-12 seconds depending on HP)
Lightning Orb attack, inflict electrified debuff(1 second)
Lunatic Cultist takes 60% of damage from homing attacks(down from the existing 75%)

(Logic) seeing as most of the cultist's attacks are elemental based it seemed like they should inflict a respective debuff, Shadowflame for a Shadow fireball, frostburn for a ice based attack
(does warmth potion even reduce damage from that attack?), on fire for a fire based attack, electrified for a electric based attack. as for a harder to dodge aspect, ancient doom gets harder to predict, and lightning orb makes moving a riskier endeavor but for a very short period to not nuke yourself for dodging.
Directly more difficult due to the fact it's the final wall before the lunar events and the moon lord.

Non-Expert Minor Change:
well its the lunar cultist, but the clothier sells a solar cultist outfit which is the same but a different color, so I don't see why the boss can't also have a Solar Cultist variant
even if the only major difference would be the coloring.

Solar cultist explained:
solar cultist worshipers appear in-place of the lunar variant during the day time.
the mask dropped would be a Solar Lunatic Cultist mask in place of the normal one.
while the fight would work the same there could be a minor difference, instead of the phantasmal dragon spawning first if you hit a fake cultist the ancient vision would spawn first.

The Destroyer: Mecha Eater of World, the Hp pool to be drowned only by the moon lord, the worm to end all worms.

Change:

head damage reduced from 280 to 190
body laser damage reduced from 72 to 68
probe knockback resist increased from 28% to 35%
tail melee damage reduced from 68 to 64
body melee damage reduced from 93 to 89
probe laser damage reduced from 88 to 86
head able to fire a slow wide yellow laser orb which pierces dealing a fixed 100 damage and inflicting weak debuff(duration depends on HP) (has a cooldown between firing) (dissipates after 5 seconds)
tail deploys a red laser orb which hangs in the air dealing damage and explodes after a set period (80-160 damage based on HP) (explosion size is 2 times the size of the orb itself, 3 times if HP is below 40%) (has a cooldown between firing) (doesn't destroy blocks)

Mechanics:
head laser:
weak debuff has a base 10 second duration lasting 1s longer for every 5% HP lost, doesn't fire while head is underground, base cooldown is 20 seconds, cooldown becomes 17s at 75% HP, 14s at 50%, 10s at 25%, 5s at 10%, size is around 4 feet in diameter(2 blocks)
Tail laser: base 80 damage, deals extra 1 damage per % of HP lost (160 damage cap), doesn't deploy while tail in underground, orb is around 5 feet in diameter(2.5 blocks), explosion deals 80% of damage, same cooldown as head laser(separate cooldown timer)

(Logic) Well as far as I'm able to see the boss fights exactly the same in expert as on normal even if the head does insane damage in expert.
reduced damages to prevent making the boss directly more difficult.
head laser orb is yellow to prevent mix-up between head and tail laser orbs.
head and tail lasers to add more attacks to expert mode.

Eater of worlds: corrupted worm that eats as the name implies, one of the three original bosses, corruption counterpart of the brain of cuthulu

Change:

segments slightly regenerate HP per second
head defense reduced from 2 to 1 (regens 3HP a second)
body defense reduced from 4 to 3 (regens 2 HP a second)
tail defense reduced from 8 to 6 (regens 1 HP a second)

(Logic) the EoW has always been easy, though expert mode gave its heads a vile spit projectile you never really notice that.
regen because worms irl regenerate lost body segments.
lowered defense to not make the fight directly harder due to the regen.

The Twins: eye see you, Cthulhu just has both eyes mechanized, pew pew BUUUUURN!!!

Change:
if an eye is destroyed while the other is still in phase 1 the remaining eye becomes phase 2 with its current HP

(Logic) there's already decent amount of changes to both eyes so the change is just to throw a wrench in the existing formula making things slightly more interesting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom