Sprites Expand the town pet random sprite system to the humanoid NPCs too

allsquirrels

Terrarian
I greatly appreciate that more diversity was recently added to the cast through the Zoologist and the Golfer. Let’s go further and open up all the NPC jobs to a wider variety of races! Why can’t the Arms Dealer be white? Why can't the Nurse be black? Allow the Goblin Tinkerer to be lime green, the Hair Stylist to be goth etc. I already look forward to seeing which pets spawn after terrible nights and think it would be fun to see which humanoid NPCs spawn too. Also more inclusive! Thank you for considering!

I greatly appreciate that more diversity was recently added to the cast through the Zoologist and the Golfer. Let’s go further and open up all the NPC jobs to a wider variety of races! Why can’t the Arms Dealer be white? Why can't the Nurse be black? Allow the Goblin Tinkerer to be lime green, the Hair Stylist to be goth etc. I already look forward to seeing which pets spawn after terrible nights and think it would be fun to see which humanoid NPCs spawn too. Also more inclusive! Thank you for considering!
The goblin tinkerer... no just no, he isn’t a etherain goblin he is a goblin for the goblin army...

Oh yeah some more variety on the NPC sprites would be good! I always found it weird when NPCs die and their successors are exact clones. Even a slight change in the sprite (Dryad with a flower, Red travelling Merchant, Green Cyborg etc.) would be nice.
Support!

Oh yeah some more variety on the NPC sprites would be good! I always found it weird when NPCs die and their successors are exact clones. Even a slight change in the sprite (Dryad with a flower, Red travelling Merchant, Green Cyborg etc.) would be nice.
Support!
I support too, but not the goblin part, just make him a different shade of blue or whatever, he’s sill a regular goblin for the goblin army after all.

This was something we were interested in doing, but due to the substantial amount of time required (respriting over 2 dozen NPCs multiple times each), we were not able to do, unfortunately. The system supports it though, so modders/texture packers should be able to do it if they wanted to. :)

Vast majority of army goblins are green
YEah, burn not terraria’s yeah sure there’s is the OOA event, but that was a crossover with dungeon defenders 2? Yeah I still don’t see the goblin tinkerer like that because he came from the one specific goblin army’s army this blue, but still great idea

YEah, burn not terraria’s yeah sure there’s is the OOA event, but that was a crossover with dungeon defenders 2? Yeah I still don’t see the goblin tinkerer like that because he came from the one specific goblin army’s army this blue, but still great idea
1597444304883.png

As you can see, not all Terrarian goblins are blue.

Back
Top Bottom