Expand Your Terraria Empire - Pylons, Town Building, and NPC Happiness

If anything, I'm also curious about how making a town in an "Evil" biome works. I know that Sunflowers can help offset the quantity of evil in the area, but that might stop working in Hard Mode.
You can place sunflowers in their own little self contained beds in such a way that the grass will never convert to evil. The issue is that if you ever place enough sunflowers to fully counter the corruption or crimson then the area near them actually stops being corruption or crimson.

Adding onto the post above, you could in theory do that... but none of your NPCs would want to live in it, so it'd basically be a ghost town.

THIS IS AWESOME
but i wonder:
1. is it just me or the maps are bigger now?
2. does gem tree actually drop gems when chopped?
3. where should i fight bosses and invations if i can't be near towns?
4. if NPCs in towns died and cause pylons to stop working, does that mean i have to assign them to their previous houses manually after they come back?
THE MOSE IMPORTANT QUESTION OF ALL TIME: When will the wiki update so i can read EVERYTHING about 1.4?
1. It might just be a different map size than you're used to.
2. Not sure, probably
3. Regardless of your world size, you should be able to find enough space to fight invasions, assuming you only have one base per biome.
4. Probably not, as towns negate enemy spawning, and invasions/bossfights should be fought elsewhere.
5. Hundreds of wiki editors (I included) will be working to make sure all the new content is documented asap, so my guess is about 2 weeks.

DUUUUUUUUDE! GEM TREES!
Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 5.32.14 PM.png

I didn't think they were actually TREES! I thought they were just something they MADE. That is AWESOME!

Man, all I want know is for the devs to release an official list of which NPCs will want to live in which biome. That would help peopel like me, who like planning our builds beforehand, to know which NPCs to plan to put into which towns.

So far we know that the arms dealer and nurse like the underground, but I think that's it. We can assume some things, like the Guide and Dryad probably like forest, and the Witch Doctor probably likes Jungle, but beyond that, it's hard to make these plans. I'm even making an adventure map for my friends, so I really wish I knew what to plan for...

Man, all I want know is for the devs to release an official list of which NPCs will want to live in which biome. That would help peopel like me, who like planning our builds beforehand, to know which NPCs to plan to put into which towns.

So far we know that the arms dealer and nurse like the underground, but I think that's it. We can assume some things, like the Guide and Dryad probably like forest, and the Witch Doctor probably likes Jungle, but beyond that, it's hard to make these plans. I'm even making an adventure map for my friends, so I really wish I knew what to plan for...
Actually, the arms dealer and nurse are simply neutral to the underground, as they don't mention it in their happiness lines.

the devs have mentioned the demolitionist and the tinkerer like the underground, though.

So Red said there were 9 pylons total.

We've had Forest, Cave, Jungle, Ocean, Ice, Desert, and Hallow confirmed. What do we think the last two are? Wouldn't be surprised if one was the glowing mushroom, but maybe Sky for the last one? Note he also said there were no pylons for Corruption and Crimson, and that the underground pylon was designed to help with quick access to hell, so those three are probably out.

We've had Forest, Cave, Jungle, Ocean, Ice, Desert, and Hallow confirmed. What do we think the last two are? Wouldn't be surprised if one was the glowing mushroom, but maybe Sky for the last one? Note he also said there were no pylons for Corruption and Crimson, and that the underground pylon was designed to help with quick access to hell, so those three are probably out.
There's most likely Sky Pylon, but the last one is difficult. Glowing Mushroom seems too, underground to have it's own Pylon. The Graveyard seems out because it seems like an "evil biome". This likely isn't it, but the Dungeon could be it.

Edit: What about Granite and Marble?

There's most likely Sky Pylon, but the last one is difficult. Glowing Mushroom seems too, underground to have it's own Pylon. The Graveyard seems out because it seems like an "evil biome". This likely isn't it, but the Dungeon could be it.

Edit: What about Granite and Marble?
Granite and Marble are mini-biomes in the underground/caverns, so I don't think they'd have their own pylons.

Random shot in the dark, there will be a new biome and it will have one.
There's also this spoiler from a Pedguin tweet which to me seems like a possible pylon, also another random shot in the dark.
Of course this is all based on the possibility that not all pylons might have the same floating gem appearance.

Edit: So we've seen the Forest, Dessert, Snow, Underground, and Hollow ones. Leaving only the Ocean, Jungle and what ever the last two are to be seen. So my shot in the dark on that being a pylon regardless of appearance really is a long one.
Edit2: And as I made the first edit I remembered Khaios's video, we've seen the Ocean and Jungle ones in his video, so literally just those two unknown ones now. So I doubt my shot in the dark of the pedguin spoiler being one has any chance of anything. On the other hand Khaios not showing the 7th hole in his video does make me think the idea of a new biome is more possible however.

Last edited:
Shame there's no corruption and crimson pylons then. They could work differently than other ones, be special rewards from guide for killing Eater/Brain and need no NPCS nearby, to allow fast travel to corruption/crimson.

I must said that i digested the idea of pylons and different biomes towns and now it may seem ok.

Back
Top Bottom