Portfolio/Multi-Topic Expanded Angler quest and post-Moon Lord story

Howdya like it?

• Total voters

d3jv

Terrarian
So this came to my mind after I finished the 200-fish angler achievement, and I didn't feel properly rewarded. Yeah sure, got 100% achievements, but anyone who has done the achievement will know how much of a waste of time it was. I got this idea when, for the last quest, angler blessed me with this sentence: "Awesome catch! It's all going according to plan! He he he!". So this is what I've got:

... You have completed the 200th quest and the Angler says this sentence, then you hear that boss spawning sound effect and he dissapears with some dank :red: particle effects, some message appears in the chat. When you then go to the sea, you notice, that the map has expanded a bit and there is now a super cool water temple made out of fish (some VerY NIcE fish blocks possibly). As you approach deeper to the temple, there would be some fish enemies and at the end, a super cool evolved form of the angler, with fish forming a shield around him, that would be the boss.
*Some cool as hell boss name*
  • HP: Varies, based on the current state of the game (Basically which boss has been last defeated, cuz you can complete the quests pre-everything)
  • Totally legit fighting strategy: Cannot take any damage, you must use your fishing pole to catch the fish forming his shield, then you can hit him thru holes in the shield, disabling the shield completely greatly decreases his defence. He throws all kinds of :red: fish at you and spawns fish too (did i mention its all underwater?). He could possibly spawn crazy :red: hordes of angler fish but that would decrease the performance af.
Drops:
  • Solidified fish bar: 15-20 (used to make armor and stuff)
  • Pretty good fishing potion: 5-15, Combines he effects of fishning potion and crate potion, increasing their effects. Tooltip: "Ever wondered how a year old fish smells like"
  • Greatest Grandmaster bait: 2-7, bait power of 100%
  • Angler trophy: 10% chance
  • Angler mask: You already have a full Angler set, what else do you want?
One of these ones will alwas drop:
  • Fish launcher: Uses fish as ammunition. Damage based on amunition used, various types of fish ammunitions can be crafted from bass (or possibly other pleb fish) along with an ore (from idk cobalt to luminite) to increase damage (so you dont have crazy :red: weapons early in the game) Tooltip: "Fishing power: 2169" (Terraria otherworld release date btw)
  • Fishermans boat: Boat mount with mounted chest where you can put your fishing stuff, basically another piggy bank.
  • Glorious fish fish fishing fish pole: With fishing power of 100% (I don't quite know how fishing power works co correct me if its too much even for a meme) Tooltip: "Holy fish"
Fish armor set:
  • Headgear: 4 defence, 20% increased fishing skill
  • Chestplate: 5 defence, 20% increased fishing skill
  • Boots: 3 defence, 20% increased fishing skill
  • Set bonus: +8 defence when in/near water; 40% increased fishing skill (100% with all the pieces bonuses together); ability to walk on water; when you're fishing, press Down key 2 times, you can't move and use any items apart from fishing poles, your defence is increased by 60.
  • Crafted with Solidified fish bars and bass
Fish containment unit:
  • Crafted using 80 Solidified fish bars, Glorious fish fish fishing pole and 20 Great grandmaster baits
  • Increases your fishing power by crazy amount
  • Its a mount btw, similar to Drill containment unit (you cant do anything apart from fishing)
  • Throws 10 fishing lines at once (would be dank if the fishing glitch thrown 20 more)
To the other thing, there would be a post-Moon Lord boss, the source of the corruption/crimson in the world with some little story to it, defeating it would remove the corruption/crimson from the world completely.

tl;dr Bass now has a use, yay!

So this came to my mind after I finished the 200-fish angler achievement, and I didn't feel properly rewarded. Yeah sure, got 100% achievements, but anyone who has done the achievement will know how much of a waste of time it was. I got this idea when, for the last quest, angler blessed me with this sentence: "Awesome catch! It's all going according to plan! He he he!". So this is what I've got:

... You have completed the 200th quest and the Angler says this sentence, then you hear that boss spawning sound effect and he dissapears with some dank :red: particle effects, some message appears in the chat. When you then go to the sea, you notice, that the map has expanded a bit and there is now a super cool water temple made out of fish (some VerY NIcE fish blocks possibly). As you approach deeper to the temple, there would be some fish enemies and at the end, a super cool evolved form of the angler, with fish forming a shield around him, that would be the boss.
*Some cool as hell boss name*
  • HP: Varies, based on the current state of the game (Basically which boss has been last defeated, cuz you can complete the quests pre-everything)
  • Totally legit fighting strategy: Cannot take any damage, you must use your fishing pole to catch the fish forming his shield, then you can hit him thru holes in the shield, disabling the shield completely greatly decreases his defence. He throws all kinds of :red: fish at you and spawns fish too (did i mention its all underwater?). He could possibly spawn crazy :red: hordes of angler fish but that would decrease the performance af.
Drops:
  • Solidified fish bar: 15-20 (used to make armor and stuff)
  • Pretty good fishing potion: 5-15, Combines he effects of fishning potion and crate potion, increasing their effects. Tooltip: "Ever wondered how a year old fish smells like"
  • Greatest Grandmaster bait: 2-7, bait power of 100%
  • Angler trophy: 10% chance
  • Angler mask: You already have a full Angler set, what else do you want?
One of these ones will alwas drop:
  • Fish launcher: Uses fish as ammunition. Damage based on amunition used, various types of fish ammunitions can be crafted from bass (or possibly other pleb fish) along with an ore (from idk cobalt to luminite) to increase damage (so you dont have crazy :red: weapons early in the game) Tooltip: "Fishing power: 2169" (Terraria otherworld release date btw)
  • Fishermans boat: Boat mount with mounted chest where you can put your fishing stuff, basically another piggy bank.
  • Glorious fish fish fishing fish pole: With fishing power of 100% (I don't quite know how fishing power works co correct me if its too much even for a meme) Tooltip: "Holy fish"
Fish armor set:
  • Headgear: 4 defence, 20% increased fishing skill
  • Chestplate: 5 defence, 20% increased fishing skill
  • Boots: 3 defence, 20% increased fishing skill
  • Set bonus: +8 defence when in/near water; 40% increased fishing skill (100% with all the pieces bonuses together); ability to walk on water; when you're fishing, press Down key 2 times, you can't move and use any items apart from fishing poles, your defence is increased by 60.
  • Crafted with Solidified fish bars and bass
Fish containment unit:
  • Crafted using 80 Solidified fish bars, Glorious fish fish fishing pole and 20 Great grandmaster baits
  • Increases your fishing power by crazy amount
  • Its a mount btw, similar to Drill containment unit (you cant do anything apart from fishing)
  • Throws 10 fishing lines at once (would be dank if the fishing glitch thrown 20 more)
To the other thing, there would be a post-Moon Lord boss, the source of the corruption/crimson in the world with some little story to it, defeating it would remove the corruption/crimson from the world completely.

tl;dr Bass now has a use, yay!
"FROGGYYYYY!"
U-uh, I mean, cool boss idea! Reminds me of Chaos 6 from Sonic Adventure *COUGH COUGH*
I, uh, noticed a few things weren't really thought through fully, though.
If this whole boss fight is underwater, though, how are players supposed to fight the Angler without Neptune's Shell? Chances are players would drown before even laying a finger and/or bullet on the dude. Unless there's some pockets of air somewhere that you didn't mention.
Also, the loot is very unbalanced, seeing you can complete the quests pre-everything, though I guess with the lack of oxygen that wouldn't really matter in the end. I think either the boss should have the same stats at any point in the game, or the loot should also scale along with difficulty. Probably the former.

Also I like the complete 180 with the "boss that ends all corruption when defeated" thing.

"FROGGYYYYY!"
U-uh, I mean, cool boss idea! Reminds me of Chaos 6 from Sonic Adventure *COUGH COUGH*
I, uh, noticed a few things weren't really thought through fully, though.
If this whole boss fight is underwater, though, how are players supposed to fight the Angler without Neptune's Shell? Chances are players would drown before even laying a finger and/or bullet on the dude. Unless there's some pockets of air somewhere that you didn't mention.
Also, the loot is very unbalanced, seeing you can complete the quests pre-everything, though I guess with the lack of oxygen that wouldn't really matter in the end. I think either the boss should have the same stats at any point in the game, or the loot should also scale along with difficulty. Probably the former.

Also I like the complete 180 with the "boss that ends all corruption when defeated" thing.
Thanks dude
When I look at it now, some of the things are slightly op, though the 200 quests require about 80 hours of playtime, i know it can be achieved in few hours if you cheat by creating new characters but i doubt anyone's gonna do that in early game. It could be made as post-moonlord joke boss, cant compete with Calamity's THE LORDE tho

Back
Top Bottom