Mobile Expanded Save Slots & Backup Function is Here for iOS and Google Play!

505Games-Mobile

Developer
505 Games
Greetings, Terrarians!

We are pleased to share that the latest update for iOS and Google Play has been submitted for release and should be live to your devices in the very near future - likely over the next 24h!

As a reminder for anyone that missed our earlier announcement, this update will bring Extra Save Slots as well as a World & Characters "Save" Backup Function to Mobile Terraria! Beyond doubling your existing number of save slots for worlds and characters, this long-desired feature will allow you to copy worlds and characters (like you can on PC, for example) - allowing you to create regular backups of your most important saves. We hope this will help lessen the sting in the event that you run into some nasty issue that messes up your worlds or characters! In addition, this new functionality will allow players to do things like moving save files from device A to device B using the cloud.

Extra Save Slots
  • Characters: Players will now have access to 6 Local and 6 Cloud save slots
  • Worlds: Players will now have access to 6 Local and 3 Cloud save slots
These save slots are available for use with the new Backup Function and/or to create new Characters and Worlds - it will be entirely up to you in regards to how you choose to use them!

Backup Function
For further clarity, this will allow players to make a copy of any existing local or cloud file to any other open cloud or local save slot that they have. For example:
  • Local - Local
  • Local - Cloud
  • Cloud - Local
Unfortunately, Cloud - Cloud is not possible at this time.

These will all now be possible for the file safety of our players and for their convenience when moving between devices.

To learn all about how the new Backup Function works and how to make it work, we put together a quick Instructions Thread together for your use:

index.php

HOW TO USE THE NEW MOBILE BACKUP FUNCTION
(CLICK LINK ABOVE FOR INSTRUCTIONS)

index.php

Of course, this update also comes with our latest round of bug fixing on the mobile platform. We have made a ton of progress thus far this year in finding and squashing tons of bugs - with your amazing help. We plan to continue along this road to providing you the most stable experience that we can before we launch into future plans (which we will share as soon as we can).

Here is your bugfix changelog for this update:

• Fix for Stylist inventory overlaps on 'Stylsit Quote' window
  • Fix for The item "warmth potion" is not functioning as intended.
  • Fix for Enemy health does not gets affected by the Land Mine.
  • Fix for 'Eye of Cthulhu' fails to spwan 'Cthulhu Servant'
  • Fix for Only 1st variant of Angry Bone drops the bone.
  • Fix for Spear trap fires a spear headed projectile in opposite direction.
  • Fix for Frost Legion enemies fails to face towards player while attacking.
  • Fix for Player unable to catch gold fish using bug net
  • Fix for Soul of Sight and Soul of Blight count appears to be incorrect for the item Titan Leggings.
  • Fix for Adamantite bar or Titanium bar count appears to be incorrect for the item 'Tizona'.
  • Fix for Twin Minion pair disappears from the world.
  • Fix for Item 'Staff of the Frost Hydra' fails to summon 'Frost Hydra'.
  • Fix for Tooltip Message is not present for 'Honey Dispenser'.
  • Fix for Precision aim for Dirt Rod fails to function.
  • Fix for The Player flips back and forth while using any weapon or bow in opposite direction.
  • Fix for 'Settings' Text appears in English instead of native language of device in pause menu.
  • Fix for Game crashes on exiting game using back button.
  • Fix for Message for the item 'Bed' fails to appear when obstructed.
  • Fix for Tooltip Message is not present for 'Steampunk Boiler '.
  • Fix for Message 'Wave 1' fails to appear for 'Frost Moon' event.
  • Fix for The 'Magic Mirror' teleport the user instantly.
  • Fix for The auto-swing animation of Terra blade in multiplayer is missing.
  • Fix for Game Freezes on performing Power button interrupt and as well as call interrupt.
  • Fix for Tiny Eaters from the item "Scourge of the Corruptor" harm critters.
  • Fix for Game freezes on 'Low Battery' interrupt.
  • Fix for Game crashes on creating character using the voice key
  • Fix for Game crashes when user taps on pause button ,while following certain STR.
  • Fix for Water Gun fails to inflicts dripping animation on NPCs, critters, enemies and other players.
  • Fix for Close Button does not function in Cloud save and Local save Confirmation Message.
  • Fix for During the Christmas event the following items Krampus Horn ,Grinch Finger and Bluegreen wallpapers are not present in the painter inventory.
  • Fix for During the Christmas event the item 'Festive Top Hat' is not present in the Clothier's inventory.
  • Fix for In Russian Language Version text is overlapping on the back button.
  • Fix for 'Inferno potion' animation fails to stop after pausing the game
  • Fix for Glitch is observed on tapping in 'Enter Name' and 'Enter World Name' text box
  • Fix for Player is unable to delete the first character entered in the 'Enter name' screen .
  • Fix for The Alignment of 'Candy Cane Sword' appears to be incorrect .
  • Fix for Moga & Logitech controller]'Auto Equip' button overlaps on the 'Controller' screen
  • Fix for Arcane Rune Wall Fails to function as intended.
  • Fix for D pad fails to function for character "Gender" selection
  • Fix for Potion fails to consume while using an weapon
  • Fix for NVIDIA SHIELD Player is unable to buy an item with the NPC using 'A' button in D-PAD
  • Fix for Tooltip Message is not present for 'Staff of Regrowth'
  • Fix for The chain link of golem fist appears to be detached while using
  • Fix for fish quest counter not incrementing
  • Fix for issue with catching quest fish
  • Fix for grappling hooks not connecting to mine cart tracks
  • Fix for placing a torch prioritizes tiles over walls
  • Fix for Fire imp spawn rate reduced by 20%
  • Fix for Mine cart particles
  • Fix for bugnet collision
  • Fix for Eye of Cthulu having incorrect music
  • Fix for Wyvern and bosses should not despawn anymore when going out of the sceen
  • Fix for Duplicate Angler NPCS are seen in the world
  • Fix for Incorrect tooltip is displayed for the item mining potion.
  • Fix for The Excalibur image is truncated at the Tizona crafting popup.
  • Fix for Raven grant buff disappears from the world.
  • Fix for Pygmies grant buff disappears from the world.
  • Fix for Angler NPC is not present in both Normal and Expanded world.
  • Fix for Game crashes when a player select 'Keyboard Erase' button in 'Create Character' or 'Create World' screen.
  • Fix for Ingredients Images are overlapped for the item vulcan Repeater.
  • Fix for Ingredients Images are overlapped for the item Tonbogiri.
  • Fix for Optic staff buff disappears from the world.
  • Fix for Tooltip Message is not present for 'Bone Welder '.
  • Fix for The NPC 'Angler' is observed inside the sand .
  • Fix for Tooltip message fails to appear for the item 'Fez'
  • Fix for The item 'Sniper rifle' appears to be truncated.
  • Fix for Glitch observed when player using 'North Pole'
  • Fix for Instruction Text still appears after the completion of Tutorial.
  • Fix for Pop-up fails to appear while deleting the character.
  • Fix for Game crashes on selecting 'Create Character' in cloud save
  • Added 120 missing Tooltip messages.
  • Fix for knockbacks for non-melee weapons together with certain gloves.
  • Fix for crash when buying hair type or hair color from the stylist menu.
  • Fix for opening world map when pressing dpad down in stylist shop.
  • Fix for Cloud saving is accessible without an internet connection.
  • Fix for pressure plates sometimes not showing up correctly.
  • Fix for crash on Santa NK1 bullets in multiplayer.
  • Fix for a few issues with projectiles in multiplayer.
  • Fix for Game freeze while defeating event bosses in multiplayer mode.
  • Fix for Tooltip message appears twice for the following items
  • Fix for Tooltip message appears for the item 'Cactus Door'
  • Fix for Third Cloud character fails to load.
  • Fix for Create character option appears to be truncated.
  • Fix for Character movement appears in equipment section.
  • Fix for NPC stylist's inventory appears to be out of screen on iPhone 4S.
  • Fix for Game crashes while deleting cloud world.
  • Fix for removing passcode string from Tutorial menus.
  • Fix for Incorrect stats appears for the item Raven Staff.
  • Fix for Incorrect melee damage appears for the item 'Enchanted Sword'.
  • Fix for Bottle Water count appears to be incorrect for the item "Holy Hand Grenade".
  • Fix for Incorrect spelling is observed for the item 'Marshmallow on a stick'
  • Fix for Incorrect tooltip “33% chance to not consume ammo highly inaccurate” appears for the item 'Gatligator'
  • Fix for Incorrect quote is displayed for the NPC "Demolitionist".
  • Fix for Text mismatch appears for the Clothier NPC quote.
  • Fix for Incorrect text '15 minute duration' appears in tooltip for the item 'Sugar Cookie'
  • Fix for Incorrect text 'You must defeat Plantera first' appears when player tries to summon golem without 'Lihzahrd Power Cell'
  • Fix for The Item "wine glass" changes to item "chest".
  • Fix for Incorrect item ‘Sky Blue Flower’ is obtained on destroying ‘chalice’
  • Fix for The Alignment of 'Christmas Tree Sword' appears to be incorrect
  • Fix for Incorrect item ‘Blow’ is obtained on destroying ‘Glass Blow’
  • Fix for Multiple jar is observed for the item 'Monarch Butterfly jar'.
  • Fix for The item 'Honey Candle' is missing in the crafting slot.
  • Fix for Crafting image for the item 'suspicious Looking Eye' is truncated.
  • Fix for Player is unable to craft the item " Purple thread" .
  • Fix for Image for the item 'bookcase' is missing in the crafting slot.
  • Fix for Grenade Launcher shoots the rocket like a Rocket Launcher.
  • Fix for Living fire block is now able to be dropped by any enemy killed in the underworld (hell) in hardmode
  • Fix for Orange Bloodroot fails to spawn in Underground and Cavern Layer.
  • Fix for Player can switch item while using the item ‘Ice blade’.
  • Fix for Graphical glitch appears on placing certain items on ‘Weapon Rack’.
  • Fix for The selling price of the item ‘KO Cannon’ appears to be incorrect.
  • Incorrect stats appears for the item ‘Cutlass’.
  • Fix for Incorrect text ‘15 minute duration’ and ‘20 minute duration’ appears in tooltip for the item ‘Flask of venom’.
  • Fix for Incorrect text ‘15 minute duration’ appears in tooltip for the item ‘Sugar Cookie’
  • Tin and Lead bars are not available as loots in chests.
  • Incorrect tooltip “Teleports to the position of the cursor” appears for the item ‘Rod of Discord’.
  • Water fails to flow when the player opens the door .
  • The item “Philosopher’s Stone” doesn’t work as intended.
  • The player is teleported into golem temple before defeating plantera
  • Back button fails to functio n on Enter world name screen.
  • Crimson altar is present in the other biome.
  • Text ‘Yes’ overlaps on the ‘Auto Equip’ option

index.php

WHAT ABOUT WINDOWS PHONE AND AMAZON - WHEN DO THEY GET THIS UPDATE?
Amazon and Windows Phone will be receiving this functionality (as much as possible - WP does not have a cloud save option currently) in the near future. We wanted to get the fixes that we released this past week out the door first and ensure their stability before adding more on top of that. Apologies for the delay, but we hope to have you all back at parity with iOS and Google Play shortly. We will share more on progress and timing as we have it!

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! I REALLY encourage everyone to make use of the backup system early and often. This has been so useful to me on PC...and I found it pretty simple to use on the Mobile side.

Crashes and file issues happen - manual backups turn those from massive heartbreak into a minor inconvenience. ;)

Also....love to see the ongoing bugfix train keep rolling on. :)

wooohoo! lots and lots of fixes. thanks for such an amazing port!!
EDIT: the "fix for fish quest counter not incremating" or something of the like. does that mean we now can do our fish quests across multiple worlds and dont have to play a 6 hour session to get improving rewards?

Last edited:
Oh man. Amazon release is still delayed compared to Google/iOS.

My understanding is that they wanted to be sure that Amazon was stable with the recent update first....plus they have been working in parallel on GP/iOS. The good news is that the "gap" between the two is now very much shorter...and things moving after that SHOULD be at parity. Sorry about that extra delay. :(

also i'm having a bug (its on my ipad 2 and ipad mini 2) where it crashes when I modify cloud saves but when I come back it changes. it doesnt always happen but usually does.

Game crashes and freezing was the main problem for me .. But also the cloud save is a bigger thread ... I lost an endgame character from my cloud save

Game crashes and freezing was the main problem for me .. But also the cloud save is a bigger thread ... I lost an endgame character from my cloud save

With this build or previously? If previously, that is precisely what the backup is there for now....you could have had a second copy on your local device and then just restored it.

Look this is that bug
[doublepost=1466101931,1466101795][/doublepost]
With this build or previously? If previously, that is precisely what the backup is there for now....you could have had a second copy on your local device and then just restored it.
yes ( do u mean the version of the game ok?? ) i dont speak EN very well

Attachments

• IMG_20160616_212903_833.jpg
    IMG_20160616_212903_833.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,470
Oh wow... i was wondering why i cant catch walking goldfishes unlike every other non enemy creature and thought it was intended... lol

I think i need to play pc version atleast once xD

Anyway what a big list of fixes and cant wait for the update i will be checking google play every hour.
Wonder if reds wings will be usable in this new version :D

Im happy that a bug i posted early this month as was noticed by a dev was already put into the bug fix list!
There's quite a few on this list I'm happy about. And hopefully the fire imp fix is lowering that rate not raising it!

Also i found a typo in the list. On the glass bowl drops bowl, "Glass blow" was put in the list instead of "bowl"

Also i very recently saw that the magic emblem (WoF drop) doesn't effect minion damage (or at least the stats dont show as effected)
it did effect minions on pc until 1.3 when they added a 4th emblem.

There is a fix for the google drive cloud saves. (Idk which versions actually connect to google accounts, i use google play version. Google drive has a menu to manage recent edits to any file. When the game sends its updated saves google drive stores the old version for up to a month and displays the newest version. These files can be reached on the desktop layout of your google drive. (Hard to do on mobile and only possible by viewing desktop site.) I prefer to backup/download the 2 newest (label them as such) and then you delete the current. (It might be a pain to get the game to load the edit or could require some more deletes.)

Greetings, Terrarians!

Here is your bugfix changelog for this update:

• Fix for Spear trap fires a spear headed projectile in opposite direction.
  • Fix for Item 'Staff of the Frost Hydra' fails to summon 'Frost Hydra'.
  • Fix for The Player flips back and forth while using any weapon or bow in opposite direction.
  • Fix for Potion fails to consume while using an weapon
  • Fix for Fire imp spawn rate reduced by 20%
  • Fix for Angler NPC is not present in both Normal and Expanded world.
  • Fix for crash when buying hair type or hair color from the stylist menu.
  • Fix for Living fire block is now able to be dropped by any enemy killed in the underworld (hell) in hardmode
  • Fix for Orange Bloodroot fails to spawn in Underground and Cavern Layer.
index.php
YAAAAAYYYYY!

Very Cool
[doublepost=1466107722,1466107399][/doublepost]Answer me one thing? Terraria 1.2 ????? Already launched or will launch ? Because Terraria 1.2 ????? Not In This Google Play ;_;

Very Cool
[doublepost=1466107722,1466107399][/doublepost]Answer me one thing? Terraria 1.2 ????? Already launched or will launch ? Because Terraria 1.2 ????? Not In This Google Play ;_;

1.2 has been in Mobile for a LONG time.

If you meant 1.3, nothing on that front has been announced yet.

1.2 has been in Mobile for a LONG time.

If you meant 1.3, nothing on that front has been announced yet.
So excuse But Cade Speaking To The 1.2 With This New Guard Of Function In Cloud Not To Wondering About The Next INTAL Monthly Newsletter Neither 1.3 Sorry If You offended you ; _; OK

Back
Top Bottom