Biomes & Nature Expanded World - Post Moon Lord

Do you think this is Stupid or Cool?

• Pure Insanity

• Pretty Cool Idea

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lukaerd

Terrarian
Hi!
This is my first post in this forum, so what is this post about?

The Expanded World is a mechanic that will make the world a little bigger so that it can fit more stuff in it.

How to Enable it?
After you defeat the Moon Lord he will drop an consumable item called "Seal Breaker" which takes the form of a light blue magic circle, upon using it, it will disappear from your inventory, the game will save and quit automatically, afterwards you'll see that the symbol of that Terraria world will no longer be a tree of multiple colors, but a world of multiple colors, that means the world has been expanded, when you enter that world the loading screen will look like it is creating a new world but it is in fact updating your world to the expanded version.

So what?
Now feel free to explore the new expanded world.

Deep into the eastern ocean there will be sharks, sea serpents, giant turtles and more, with the ocean boss being the Leviathan (worm-type boss). There you will also find an Atlantis themed dungeon filled with bloodthirsty mermen, mermaids and the dungeon boss "Rahab".

Crossing the western ocean you will find a whole new landmass filled with Amazonians, they are heavily armed, very strong and extremely pissed at invaders, the boss there is the Amazonian Queen, armed with a giant shield and a giant war hammer!

Upwards there will be a new biome above the sky biome called "The Stratosphere" which is filled with dragons, variations of harpies and griffons! With a giant castle serving as a dungeon, whose boss is the Roc God!

And below the underworld is "The Abyss" a dark and scary place filled with evil spirits, lots of demons, bloodthirsty abominations, the undead and the boss "Chaos" A giant scythe wielding, red-eyed skeleton shrouded in darkness.
But the Abyss is closed off by a indestructible rock layer that can only be bypassed through a dungeon made of a dark indestructible brick wall, inside the dungeon there will be the powerful obsidian sentinels who will stop you from unsealing and entering the abyss, the boss of the dungeon and the last sentinel is the Black Guard, armed with a giant sword, killing him will reward you with the abyssal key which unlocks a trapdoor that leads into a set if stairs that go down into the abyss itself.

Biomes In-depth

The Stratosphere (biome)
A large vertical space above the sky biome where the harpy race lives, it is filled with floating islands and randomly placed clouds.
There are also many fearsome enemies such as:.
-Falcons: Attacks with their claws.
-Dragons: Breathe fire and charge at you.
-Griffons: Shoots feathers and charges at you.
-Harpies: Shoots feathers.
-Air Pirates: Small floating boats that shoots cannonballs.

Harpy Villages (mini-biome)
Large floating landmasses might contain harpy villages which are composed of small houses and windmills made of stone bricks or wood, there spawns variations of harpies such as:.
-Regular Harpies: Shoots feathers.
-Farmer Harpies: Charge at you with pitchforks.
-Guard Harpies: Wear armor and slash at you with swords.

Sky Castle (Dungeon)
It's located over a large landmass and is the sky themed dungeon, the castle walls are indestructible and the only way in is through the entryway, you must fight your way through and get two keys at each tower to unlock the way to reach the altar at the top to fight the boss. The enemies you'll encounter here are strong at both close and ranged combat, they are composed of:.
-Harpy Knight: Armor wearing harpy, it will slash at you dealing high damage.
-Harpy Juggernaut: A harpy wearing even heavier armor and wielding a war hammer, it is slow and can only attack at close range, but its attacks are devastating.
-Harpy Caster: A harpy that rapid-fires enchanted feathers at you.
-Armored Griffon: A griffon wearing armor, it will stop for 2 seconds and charge at you, it can also shoot feathers.
-Harpy Sentinel: A harpy miniboss that guards the altar key, it has high defense, and high health, and it will charge at you with it's spear, kill it to receive one of the two keys to the altar.
-The Roc God: a giant bird god that rules over the skies.
First Phase: It will charge around like the queen bee while deploying magic bombs and shooting enchanted feathers, it will also stop momentarily to summon regular harpies and shoot enchanted feathers.
Second Phase: At half health it will stop and summon four different totems to protect itself and attack you but he'll be standing still doing nothing, kill the totems to progress.
Third Phase: After the totems are destroyed the boss will start to charge at high speed directly at you like the expert eye of cthulhu while rapid-firing enchanted feathers.
-Red Totem: First of the totems, emits a short-ranged sphere of fire around itself and goes after the player.
-Blue Totem: Second of the totems, flies around randomly and shoots a mid-ranged ice wave at the player.
-Yellow Totem: Third of the totems, slowly keeps a distance from the player and periodically shoots a single beam of energy at the player.
-Green Totem: Fourth of the Totems, flies around madly and shoots two slow moving tornadoes from it's sides, the tornadoes move in in one direction and dissipate after colliding with the walls or the player.

For now that's it, I will update this thread on the rest of the in-depth content.

Why everyone always want something like that exactly post Moon Lord?
Because it's boring to have a really powerful weapon and nothing to use it on. It just plain can easily feel like the ML drops are for bragging rights.

Because it's boring to have a really powerful weapon and nothing to use it on. It just plain can easily feel like the ML drops are for bragging rights.
Heck yeah, that exactly right! When you get the S.D.M.G it feels like that weapons is solely to make you god-like.

In short: we need some new challenges!

Moon Lord supposed to be real final. This is why they added Old One's Army before encountering him. Devs may add new challenges, but not after final boss of the game. I don't see nothing wrong with his drops. It's just a reward for beating strongest enemy in the game. You can use it whenever you want and for any purposes.

Last edited:
Moon Lord supposed to be real final. This is why they added Old's One Army before encountering him. Devs may add new challenges, but not after final boss of the game. I don't see nothing wrong with his drops. It's just a reward for beating strongest enemy in the game. You can use it whenever you want and for any purposes.
I don't know if it's just me but I'm going to make it clear, Terraria never ends, even if there's a dude that's proclaimed final boss, Terraria simply doesn't end there.

Edit: I once thought that the wall of flesh was the final boss, then I thought skeletron prime was the final boss, then I thought the golem was the final boss, and now the moon lord is apparently the final boss, well I don't think so.

Terraria never truly ends, but all sandbox games will typically continue after awhile, and don't get boatloads of new content to crush the game. Besides, after more content is added, you'll be like "We need more"
the circle of liiiiife

Terraria never truly ends, but all sandbox games will typically continue after awhile, and don't get boatloads of new content to crush the game. Besides, after more content is added, you'll be like "We need more"
the circle of liiiiife
That's right, we will play Terraria until it gets tasteless. Or until Terraria 2 is made.

Imo this idea might be a little too big. I do like the concept though.

All those new bosses, enemies and biomes seem kind of unnecessary to me, especially considering how much work would be needed to create all this.

I do believe more content post-ML is needed, but I think the best way to do that would be to simply make ML only drop luminite and have his other drops craftable, perhaps with some components dropped from a few new enemies or mini bosses. I just feel like the current endgame is way too stale and boring compared to pre-1.3.

All those new bosses, enemies and biomes seem kind of unnecessary to me, especially considering how much work would be needed to create all this.

I do believe more content post-ML is needed, but I think the best way to do that would be to simply make ML only drop luminite and have his other drops craftable, perhaps with some components dropped from a few new enemies or mini bosses. I just feel like the current endgame is way too stale and boring compared to pre-1.3.

When you put it that way, it's actually true, but what I intended with this post was just the addition of new challenges, so I haven't thought about new items, blocks or stuff like that.
But yeah, you're right, this is in fact unnecessary (all of this actually...) but I think it would still be hella fun to play through just for the heck of it.
[doublepost=1500996128,1500995927][/doublepost]Ah yes, thanks again for the people who actually read this Wall of Text.

I like writing stuff, as you can see.

I agree. It is super frustrating to have to grind the Moon Lord for the drop you want, and then realize there isn't anything left. His drops should definitely be craftable. I swear, if I get another Celebration I am going to have to build a Celebration-themed room right next to my Golem Fist one.

I agree. It is super frustrating to have to grind the Moon Lord for the drop you want, and then realize there isn't anything left. His drops should definitely be craftable. I swear, if I get another Celebration I am going to have to build a Celebration-themed room right next to my Golem Fist one.
Don't forget the banners, shackles, nature's gifts and whatnot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom