Weapons & Equip Expanding Pre-Hardmode - Accessories

HeroGabe

Golem
Ahh, Pre-Hardmode, what will we do with it now that we have Hardmode? Well, I always thought that Pre-Hardmode had very ridiculous things, which is the fun of Terraria, of course, Hardmode is even more silly with different things, but has more seriousness. Let's expand onto the part of the game that was easy to progress through, starting with Accessories!

Note: None of these Accessories are taken from other suggestions, and there's going to be some introducitons.

Categories of Accessories: Melee, Magic, Ranged, Summoning, Defensive, Utility, Mixed

Types of Accessories: Shields, Necklaces, Etc. Etc.

This is something that Pre-Hardmode lacks, and would benefit from.
Copper Shield: The shield is really easy to make, and it adds 1 defense to your character. Made with 15 Copper Ingots at an Anvil.
Tin Shield: Alternate Shield, which adds 2 defense to your character, but only made with 10 Tin Ingots at an Anvil.
Slimy Shield: Ahh yes, the Slime, this is a 10% drop from a Slime, and it adds 4 defense to your character.
Crystalline Shield: Created using 2 Fallen Stars and a Copper/Tin Shield, this shield gives 5% more Magic damage, gives you improved mana regen, AND gives 3 defense to your character. The shield is useful for those Mage users in the early game. (Note: a Life Shield alternate, using 1 Crystallized Heart [found in Golden Chests] is avalible, giving improved Health Regen if you want that instead, but only gives 1 defense)
Shield of Darkness: This is a drop from Shadow Orbs (always from your second Shadow Orb break, though) that gives you 15% more magic damage, and gives 5 defense to your character, though it stops mana regen entirely (also adds 20 to your max mana when equipped)

These are amazing, though why would I want to add some more of them? Well, I felt like there needed to be more in this department, so you get more!
Spring of the Shadows: A drop from Shadow Orbs (random chance) that gives you 2% more damage while being in the Corruption? Yes, please! Useful for being in the Corruption, indeed.
Snare of the Bloodshed: Similar to the Spring of the Shadows, but from Demon Hearts and gives 2% more damage while being in the Crimson instead.
Trap of Unity: Combines the 2 while needing the Tinkerer's Table in it (obviously), 4% more damage in EITHER evil.
Necklace of the Forbidden Gods: This Necklace gives you 5 defense from the forbidden full form of Cthulhu, along with +50 more Mana capacity. Meant to be found in the Dungeon chests.
Necklace of the Holy Light: It is a light source, which gives you the "Holy Spirit" buff, which is a light that follows you. It also gives you 5 more defense as a result of the light being holy.
Divine Necklace: Ahh yes, the Cross Necklace is nice, but you wanted the effects of the Necklace of the Holy Light? (Note: This is a HARDMODE upgrade, I am including this so that I don't need to create a seperate post JUST for hardmode accessories.) This is for you.
Demon's Armstriker: This item, found in Shadow Chests, seems to give you 15% more melee damage (that's correct, melee damage...), but also slows your character down by 5% (something you DON'T want with the WoF fight, do you?)

I decided that, well, the others were good, I think it's time to introduce a section meant for magic users, I know for most of the pre-hardmode, mages are left without spells until they get to the dungeon, and are lucky that it isn't deep into the dungeon. This section gives some more magic spells, while passive, for people to play around with.
Trinket of the Dao: This rather is interesting, as it gives one of 2 effects when you are hit, it can: fling a weak, lifestealing projectile at a nearby foe, or it can create an AoE around you which slowly expands as it gets weaker, up to a whole 15 seconds, either effect costs 55 mana (it is inefficient at using mana, which explains the cost of 55 mana) . Found in Shadow Chests.
Useless Ring: "This ring is useless, but maybe you can make it into something else later..." Found in Chests (Surface + Water), or dropped by Mimics (along with it's normal drops, seperate drop table for Mimics) later on the line.
Ring of the Bloodlake: This ring, when equipped, will cause a Blood Moon to appear the next night, but it turns it back into a Useless Ring and uses 20 mana. You need a Useless Ring + 50 Worm Teeth (or 25 Vertebrae)
Amulet of the Depths: Gives you the old gills effect while in water, for the cost of 15 mana to replenish the buff.
Trinket of the Holy Light: Works like it's Necklace variant, but stacks with it. Costs no mana to bring out the Holy Light.

I need more ideas on Pre-Hardmode accessories, so what do you think of this idea?

Last edited:
If they were held items, maybe but seeing that you have "Adds magic damage" I'm assuming trinkets. These are waaaay too OP to be pre-hardcore although I do think that crafting ore tier shields would be a good idea. Copper = 1 defense, silver = 2 ect ect. I don't agree with the other shields, though.

Also having biome specific necklaces are kinda a good idea, but 2% early game wouldn't even change anything. Like even the light's bane with 17 attack, 2% of that would be an extra .37 attack, would just round back down to 17 attack. Also I dislike the idea that you would need to use two worlds to craft the two together, as no other item in game requires it.

Edit: As for the other necklaces I've noticed you've added defense to almost all of them. I'd like to point out that yes extra defense is nice but items should only have one primary effect unless it's obvious that it would add defense (Like the shields already in game)

Back
Top Bottom