Sprites Expanding the Corruption / Crimson: Alternates for everything!

darkrown

Duke Fishron
So, there's a few key differences between Corruption and Crimson, reason for which we all have our own favorite. However, most of the differences aren't pirely cosmetic (the Corruption is generally regarded as the 'easier' biome; the Worm Scarf is much better than the Brain of Confusion etc.) to this end, wouldn't it be cool if a future update could reduce the discrepancy between the two? I give you...

EXPANDING THE CORRUPTION & CRIMSON
COUNTERPARTS FOR EVERYTHING!

GENERAL CHANGES
K8N9VFH.png
Bloody Chunks.

CORRUPTION

In Hardmode, all enemies have a chance to drop a
P3d4Eni.png
Worm Apple, which summons a Plague Carrier mount.

ALTERNATE BOSS

HLLNrSA.png
z8qihiz.png

CORRUPTED CORE
Lurking at the bottom of the corrupted chasms is a festering lump of mold and eyes that directs its underlings with a singular purpose: expansion.

Corruption's counterpart for BoC. Acts just like its counterpart, spawning with
WCa1kfl.png
Vasculars instead of Creepers. 50% chance to be summoned by breaking 3 Shadow Orbs (Eater of Worlds is summoned otherwise). Can be summoned by crafting a
vf2bWCE.png
Moldy Spine at a Shadow Altar using 15
QWL4COM.png
Marrow and 30 Vile Powder.

REGULAR ENEMIES

QhK7PZs.png

EYE CRAWLER
Disgusting insects hatched in the corrupted depths. Swarms can easily overwhelm an unprepared adventurer.
Corruption's counterpart for
Blood_Crawler.png
Blood Crawler. Behaves just like its counterpart.

sync8WM.png

EYE MONSTER
Corruption can spread at an alarming rate. Fallen bodies touched by the blight are reanimated in a matter of minutes; although with a much more terrifying visage.
Face_Monster.png
Face Monster.
Behaves just like its counterpart.

sAJTBD5.png

LEAPLING
Nimble creatures; they are feared for ambushing their prey by ferociously leaping at them. Underestimating them can be a fatal mistake.
Herpling.png
Herpling. Behaves just like its counterpart.

gF4XDSV.png

CURSED FLAYER
These modified corruptors fire a much more dangerous projectile that can carbonize skin and muscle tissue in an instant.
Ichor_Sticker.png
Ichor Sticker. Fires Cursed Flame balls at the player, but otherwise behaves like its counterpart. Drops Cursed Flames.

lQSv688.png

CORRUPTED DRIFTER
The decayed bodies of adventurers lost to the Corruption are often molded into floating guardians of the depths.
Corruption's counterpart for Floaty Gross.
Floaty_Gross.png
Acts just like its counterpart.

LVCfGd7.png

PLAGUE CARRIER

Living vessels of the Corruption, the Plague Carriers' decomposing bodies belie their vicious nature.
0cUOwJI.png
Flesh Nightmare/
Unicorn.png
Unicorn. Behaves just like its counterpart.

CRIMSON

In Hardmode, all enemies have a chance to drop a
O7rJYXt.png
Gross Apple, which summons a Flesh Nightmare mount.

ALTERNATE BOSS

esHsAD3.png

BOTTOMLESS MAW
Its hunger knows no bounds. Countless warriors have met an untimely demise inside its innards.
Corruption's counterpart for EoW. Acts just like its counterpart. 50% chance to be summoned by breaking 3 Shadow Orbs (Brain of Cthulhu is summoned otherwise). Can be summoned by crafting a piece of
568YvBA.png
Worm Bait at a Crimson Altar using 15
K8N9VFH.png
Bloody Chunk and 30 Vicious Powder.

REGULAR ENEMIES

NZx2Qa3.png

SARCOID THRESHER
These cunning worms lie buried deep in the Crimson tissue, waiting to ambush unwary intruders.
Crimson's counterpart for World Feeder. Behaves just like its counterpart.

6Orqsjq.png

GROTESQUE
Overly mutated Crimeras that can spew forth a gush of disease-ridden bodily fluids.
Crimson's counterpart for
Corruptor.png
Corruptor. Behaves just like its counterpart; spits Vicious Bile projectiles that are red colored but otherwise identical to Vile Spit.

OKCjQ4N.png

REGURGITATOR
These mindless creatures live only to consume. Their name comes from their tendency to regurgitate prey they are unable to digest in a shower of acid and enzymes.
Clinger.png
Clinger. Fires Ichor streams at the player, but otherwise behaves like its counterpart. Drops Cursed Flames.

0cUOwJI.png

FLESH NIGHTMARE

They can be spotted from miles away due to their distinctive wailing. You can never know if the blood they are covered in comes from their own oozing wounds or an unsuspecting victim.
LVCfGd7.png
Plague Carrier/
Unicorn.png
Unicorn. Behaves just like its counterpart.

Did I miss anything (probably)? Are there any other biome equivalents that you think should be added to the Corruption/ Crimson? Let me know in the comments~

this is really good
seems more like a mod than something they would add to the actual game, but still really cool
(and no i'm not just saying that because the calamity mod adds a corrupt brain and a crimson worm)

So, basically, make the Crimson and Corruption reskins of each other. Mmm, no dice.

They're alternates for a reason- if you've played through the game on a Corruption world, then you'll have an incentive to play through the game in a Crimson one. Not much reason to do that if the Corruption has a reskinned Brain of Cthulhu.
I guess that this thread does kind of defeat the purpose of that, but I still like the sprites and stuff. I think they both just need more original content.

Hmmm... I kind of like that Corruption and Crimson have different types of enemies; as such, I'm not really that enthusiastic about making Corrupt-variant Blood Crawlers and Face Monsters and so on. It makes the biomes feel like reskins of each other instead of their own distinct entities.

However, I do think that Corruption, especially pre-Hardmode, lacks enemy variety, and needs at least one new enemy. And I love your plague carrier/flesh nightmare mounts.

Geez, that Crimson stuff is terrifying looking! Same for that corruption brain. But I really like this idea!

Im planning my own mod called the OrangeImpact mod and these enemies + bosses are worthy but the bosses will go by a different name

The Corrupted core will be called the Heart of Corruption

while the Bottomless Maw being the Crimson Crawler

Back
Top Bottom