Sprites Expanding the Hallow

What else does the hallow need?

• Total voters

Leaper

Retinazer
:rslime: The Hallow :rslime:
The Hallow is one of my all time favorite biomes. The unique aesthetic, the chaos enemies, and the beautiful underground. But sometimes it feels a little lackluster. For instance, on the surface there are only 3 enemies, and one only spawns at night. (not counting desert and the incredibly rare rain enemy). This suggestion aims to change that, including more enemies, better atmosphere, and even some drops. Lets get right into it!

1578255756311.png
Surface
1578255753729.png

VEGETATION
The surface of the Hallow is the place that needs the most work. It looks pretty good at first, but then you notice that there are the same ugly orange mushrooms that are in the forest. The only unique vegetation is the Pearlwood trees, and they have no useful drops. How about some new plant life?
Fairy shrooms are a new type of mushroom that replaces the normal orange mushrooms. They are used to craft potions, and heal 70 life. Sometimes emit fairy particles. Are used to make purification powder. FairyShroom.png
Ya like the pun? Illumint is a new herb that grows on the surface. It is also used to craft potions, and has its corresponding planter box. It only blooms at night. Prismint.png
PrismintBloom.gif
NEW ENEMIES
As said before, there needs to be a few more enemies on the surface. Hardmode is supposed to be dangerous, but every trip i go to the Hallow, it seems that the single unicorn and the three pixies that spawn are the only dangers.
I recently played a playthrough with the Antiaris mod, and i completely LOVE the different colored pixies with the small pixies floating around them. I am not going to completely copy the colored pixies, but i feel that small pixies that sometimes spawn with larger pixies would be an amazing addition. They can also spawn by themselves uncommonly. Small pixies do 60 damage 120 damage and have 100 life 200 life. SmallPixie.png cluster of pixies PixieCluster.png
This enemy is a revision to the old Leperchaun o'Fyffe pet from the mobile Terraria edition. He acts like a Chaos elemental, teleporting in showers of gold when hit. He drops a large amount of money when killed. Leperchauns have 70 life 140 life and do 65 damage 110 damage. About as common as Unicorns. Leperchaun.png
AESTHETIC
The theme of the Hallow is light. Yet, for some reason, it is dark as any old biome at night. Since the theme is light, things should be lit up, dont you think?

-Gastropods now give off more light
-Hallowed grass glows slightly
-Lightning bugs spawn a lot more.

1578255779785.png
Underground
1578255783698.png

NEW ENEMIES
The Underground Hallow is not quite as needing as the surface. There is only one enemy that I think would fit.
The Hallowscale Worm is a post- mech boss enemy that drops hallowed bars. It is simply an easier way to farm them than waiting til night over and over again. Note that all 3 mechs must be defeated. The worm has 400 life 800 life and does 40 damage 90 damage.Hallowscale_Worm.png (will be longer)

AESTHETIC
The same things as the surface, including
-glowing particles are everywhere, to give a whimsical feel
-crystals give off a small amount of light

STRUCTURE
Pretty much all biomes get at least one structure, such as their own underground cabin variant. The Hallow is left with jack squat. There should be an underground shrine, containing basic loot, such as titanium bars and good potions.
Capture 2020-01-05 12_08_07.png
An example of what it could look like

ITEMS
Illumint Seeds, the seeds dropped from the herb.IllumintSeeds.png
Gastropod Staff, a summon weapon; rare drop from gastropods. Shoots lasers that deal 70 dmg each. GastroStaff.png GastroMinion.png
Illumination Potion, made from a Prismint, a Daybloom, and a water bottle at a bottle station. Makes weapons and projectiles emit light. IlluminatorPotion.png

Done! did you like my suggestion? this is still work-in-progress, more will come soon such as potions and new drops. Thank you for reading!
V1: made the suggestion
V1.1: added Crystal Shrine
V1.2: made plants look better and added new items

Attachments

• PrismintBloom.gif
    PrismintBloom.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 106
  • FairyShroom.png
    FairyShroom.png
    438 bytes · Views: 103
Last edited:
Hang on, a post-mechanical boss has only 400 health? You mean a mini-boss right? Plus it should have more health than that.
As for the rest of the ideas they all seems decent enough, though I'd like to know what the materials can make.

Hang on, a post-mechanical boss has only 400 health? You mean a mini-boss right? Plus it should have more health than that.
As for the rest of the ideas they all seems decent enough, though I'd like to know what the materials can make.
I meant, its a post MECHANICAL-BOSS, as in you defeat a mechanical boss before it spawns. As for the materials, I will probably update the thread sometime today.

Added some new items! Plants now also look better

That shrine does looks pretty good, but the hallow is generated upon killing WoF, by actually only that the affected area's blocks get hallowed, no structures generate... right? so, how would such shrines appear?

The rest looks interesting too, but still feels kind of lacking (well, I guess it's a work in progress, so that's all fine)

That shrine does looks pretty good, but the hallow is generated upon killing WoF, by actually only that the affected area's blocks get hallowed, no structures generate... right? so, how would such shrines appear?

The rest looks interesting too, but still feels kind of lacking (well, I guess it's a work in progress, so that's all fine)
I guess it might work in the same way that ore is generated from killing a boss in mods?
Thanks! i know there is not that much, but keep in mind it is just an expansion on an already existing biome, not a whole new one.

Back
Top Bottom