tModLoader Expeditions Mod - Modular Quest System

Amazing mod. However, I have some balance issues... I don't know how will you take them tho, since most mod creators get kinda picky when I mention such a thing, but here they go. (These are also lore-related suggestions)

I want this mod to be a success! I want to help you with balance and testing.

Here is how I play:
-Hardcore.
-Expert.
-No cheese. (No building traps, holes and the like to make the enemies fall for them. I cannot make AFK farms, I cannot lock myself into boxes, as well as other things)
-Hamstar mods (Stamina, Injury and Durability for extra challenge)

EDIT:
Just played now. And here is what I have so far:
I made a new character in a new hardcore expert and chopped down the first trees I saw to make the expedition board. I saw the message from the clerk, asking me to make a house. It's a nice first quest, and since the Guide explains how housing works, newbies should have no problem with it.

After walking just a few steps, I found the asleep Clerk. She has such an amazing sprite and doesn't feels so out of place, but I still have my lore-related doubts (I will elaborate on them in a more advanced step later). Upon chatting with her, I noticed she has a shop.

2B87DE80694D7D036BA34415DD1DC6EE5C986DCC

OK, tools. It's fine. A bit early tho, since the merchant is who sells them, but OK.

I decided to make my house in a giant tree, but I got a mistake here: Once I completed the quest, I thought I had a NEW quest (That I had to build yet another house). And so I did. I was confused when it didn't processed, but turns out it wasn't a new quest. My new quest was something else. But this was my mistake, for not understanding the interface properly!

My new quest was to explore the Cavern layer. She would give me a reward and now I finally understand the usefulness of the quest log. However, I have some questions about the items she is going to give as reward for getting there:

C4141174D1955EBFDA05894AEA810D74165CFC24

Talk about balance! Jeepers creepers, girl! You can't just give me TEN spelunker potions, money, and an iron pickaxe out of the blue! Also the torches might be an exaggeration. Don't you think this is too much of babby mode? No offense intended, but seriously. I can't see an ounce of balance here.

I decided to disregard that, and get ready for my exploration. Since I play with hamstar's durability mod, I need some extra tools for digging so I went to buy some copper tools before going. My surprise when I saw what she was selling:

6ED17AB46A8B19E56E9AD2F07307F615AFA92176

Platinum tools. A great sword and bow that makes spelunking USELESS, a GUN, a SPEAR, something you rarely find... All of this just for pennies. I am sorry but how is any of this balanced?

Just in 5 minutes of gameplay, even with durability mod enabled, I managed to get weapons to NOT die against anything in pre-hardmode. I assure you I could even take down King Slime with that bow and frostburn arrows. This is not balanced in the slightest. Those weapons are not balanced.
I know I found a coin portal, but even without one I could probably afford one of those weapons and circumvent everything.

It just took me 5 minutes to skip the early game. 5 minutes. Isn't this mod supposed to give you missions so that you enjoy the game at a different pace? What's the use if the missions are gonna be a cakewalk with weapons and tools that are so easy to find. It makes no sense. Please, explain to me the choice of this item shop. So far I don't see any balance in it.

So it got dark and I went underground... But then my character got frozen. I don't know how this happened. Your mod might have some kind of glitch, because this has never happened to me before. Or maybe it's not compatible with hamstar mods? Any way, no key could be used, and my character froze, yet the time in-game kept running. I had to close down Terraria. This screenshot was not taken "on the right moment". My character actually froze mid-air, and my bunny pet flew around me in circles.

F935F3E88AFEBC342269DC450FF0E785E8808C78

So, overall, this has been my experience with the mod. Amazing idea... But it could use so much balancing. Starting with the Clerk NPC. Also that "freeze glitch" should be looked upon.

It's there anything I could do to help? I really want this mod to be a reality, because it seems so fun.

Last edited:
Amazing mod. However, I have some balance issues... I don't know how will you take them tho, since most mod creators get kinda picky when I mention such a thing, but here they go. (These are also lore-related suggestions)
Ok so let's get something out of the way first, I haven't actually properly played Terraria from start to end since... 1.3.0.1? So I may be a tad out of touch when it comes to balance and such. And testing for me is for the most part, if it compiles and runs without crashing in within 5 minutes xD. I do appreciate constructive criticisms though, so fire away.

I decided to make my house in a giant tree, but I got a mistake here: Once I completed the quest, I thought I had a NEW quest (That I had to build yet another house).
Good call, I'll make showing completed quests false by default.

Talk about balance! Jeepers creepers, girl! You can't just give me TEN spelunker potions, money, and an iron pickaxe out of the blue! Also the torches might be an exaggeration. Don't you think this is too much of babby mode? No offense intended, but seriously. I can't see an ounce of balance here.

Platinum tools. A great sword and bow that makes spelunking USELESS, a GUN, a SPEAR, something you rarely find... All of this just for pennies. I am sorry but how is any of this balanced?
This mod is not very balanced and I know it, plus you'll probably find some other quests a bit over the top in that case. Perhaps the items might be better provided semi-retroactively after the player has reached that point or nerfed, as well as price management. If people can help balance it that would be great.

In terms of direction for this mod, I'm having difficulty placing where it should be on the scale of easymode hand-holding to unrewarding cryptic pointers. Feedback like helps a lot, but yes I could really do with some assistance on improving this, such as what suitable quest rewards might be. Lore is... well I'm no writer, someone else will certainly have to piece together why some random terrarian would be handing out items for exploration purposes, or otherwise. Story < Gameplay, so that'll have to come later.

Regarding the freezing bug, I haven't had that issue before either (but that's the fun things about debugging, huh) so the best I can think of is a copy of the modlist. At the moment I'm ironing out other bugs, and will release another set of fixes soonish.

Quest #7 conflicts with another mod https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/abluescarabs-mods.47835/#WingSlot just wanted to let you know about the issue, as the workaround is just unequipping wings, disabling the mod, finishing the quest then re-enabling and re-equipping :)
Fixed up for next release, thanks for point this out.

Hey, this is an amazing mod and I am loving it so far. One small criticism though: Completing the third quest gives you 10 iron bars. However my world has lead, so I don't have a lot of use for iron. It would be better if the mod gave you whatever bar is in your world IMO.

Keep up the good work! :)

Edit: Same goes for Cobalt, which I just got. I have Palladium in my world. I assume it will be the same for future rewards.

Last edited:
And another thing, the bounty for quest 8 gave me a life fruit, yet part of quest 9's objective is to find a life fruit. Seems kinda pointless. :p
[doublepost=1483122874,1483122529][/doublepost]One more: The Temple Access quest only requires the player to stand in front of Lihzard brick walls, which can be done without opening the door. Maybe change it so the player needs to have defeated Plantera?

Ok so let's get something out of the way first, I haven't actually properly played Terraria from start to end since... 1.3.0.1? So I may be a tad out of touch when it comes to balance and such. And testing for me is for the most part, if it compiles and runs without crashing in within 5 minutes xD. I do appreciate constructive criticisms though, so fire away.
Well, glad that you specified that. It kind of explains the design-based flaws of the mod. I can understand that you focus on coding at the moment, but you simply cannot leave balance out of the equation.

This mod is not very balanced and I know it, plus you'll probably find some other quests a bit over the top in that case. Perhaps the items might be better provided semi-retroactively after the player has reached that point or nerfed, as well as price management. If people can help balance it that would be great.

In terms of direction for this mod, I'm having difficulty placing where it should be on the scale of easymode hand-holding to unrewarding cryptic pointers. Feedback like helps a lot, but yes I could really do with some assistance on improving this, such as what suitable quest rewards might be. Lore is... well I'm no writer, someone else will certainly have to piece together why some random terrarian would be handing out items for exploration purposes, or otherwise. Story < Gameplay, so that'll have to come later.

First, I think you should REMOVE the Clerk's shop completely. It does nothing but unbalance the game. Likewise, the weapons of the mod should either become rewards of particular quests, or be removed entirely for balance's sake. All of the quests should be rebalanced, really. I could easily make some if you do make a guide on how to make them.

Say, I have the perfect fix for your mod: But you might not like it.
Remove the clerk (at least at the beginning of the game).

Here's my explanation: The clerk is a not needed, filler character. Both lore-wise and function-wise. There is nothing the clerk does that you can't do with the board itself, or with other NPCs. Lore-wise, do you know who would be the perfect person to make the board? The GUIDE! He is an actual GUIDE, he is the one who is supposed to guide the player around, and he is the one who knows everything about Terraria. So it makes sense HE is the one who writes the quests, in an attempt to make the player get "better". You could edit the Guide's early-game dialogues so it also mentions that the player can craft the Expedition Board. The Expedition Log can be sold by the merchant and the Skeleton Merchant.

Then, cue to the Expedition Clerk in Hardmode. Lore-wise, she could come as the replacement of the guide, once the player Summons/defeat the Wall of Flesh. She could have been sent by the Guide and now she supervises the Board.

But the fact that the clerk is an early-game shopkeeper is BROKEN BEYOND REPAIR. It should be removed. And you should put whatever she could sell into quest rewards. But absolutely NO SHOP.

Likewise, the Prefix Applicator should be scrapped.

A great item you should expand onto are the quest boxes. And quest reward balance as a whole.

As this stands: The mod is somewhat unbalanced, so here are my tips in the order they should be applied:

1. Remove the Clerk's item shop. She doesn't needs one, and it provides nothing that other NPCs cannot do.
  2. Remove the prefix applicator, or make it a rare quest reward item.
  3. Special Wayfarer items should be quest rewards too.
  4. Rebalance quest rewards, as well as adding several quests in-between, for balance sake (I could help you with that if you please)
  5. Consider that, lorewise, the Clerk might serve a better role as a hardmoe character (Still tho, with NO SHOP)
  6. Add an "optional quests system". Quests that the player can choose to do, but after completing some other quest, they are gone. (For example, the second quest could be exploring the surface, but the third quest is exploring the underground. If the player explores the underground before doing quest 2, then quest 2 becomes undoable)
  7. Consider adding branching quest paths, depending on what quests the player follows. (Exploring the underground, or the tundra underground, for example)

Is it there any way I could check all of the available main quests? Just to see how balanced they are and help you with them.

Hey, this is an amazing mod and I am loving it so far. One small criticism though: Completing the third quest gives you 10 iron bars. However my world has lead, so I don't have a lot of use for iron. It would be better if the mod gave you whatever bar is in your world IMO.
Whatever you can use lead for, you can also use iron. So it doesn't matters.
I really think all of the quests need rebalancing tho.

Well, glad that you specified that. It kind of explains the design-based flaws of the mod. I can understand that you focus on coding at the moment, but you simply cannot leave balance out of the equation.

First, I think you should REMOVE the Clerk's shop completely. It does nothing but unbalance the game. Likewise, the weapons of the mod should either become rewards of particular quests, or be removed entirely for balance's sake. All of the quests should be rebalanced, really. I could easily make some if you do make a guide on how to make them.

Say, I have the perfect fix for your mod: But you might not like it.
Remove the clerk (at least at the beginning of the game).

Here's my explanation: The clerk is a not needed, filler character. Both lore-wise and function-wise. There is nothing the clerk does that you can't do with the board itself, or with other NPCs. Lore-wise, do you know who would be the perfect person to make the board? The GUIDE! He is an actual GUIDE, he is the one who is supposed to guide the player around, and he is the one who knows everything about Terraria. So it makes sense HE is the one who writes the quests, in an attempt to make the player get "better". You could edit the Guide's early-game dialogues so it also mentions that the player can craft the Expedition Board. The Expedition Log can be sold by the merchant and the Skeleton Merchant.

Then, cue to the Expedition Clerk in Hardmode. Lore-wise, she could come as the replacement of the guide, once the player Summons/defeat the Wall of Flesh. She could have been sent by the Guide and now she supervises the Board.

But the fact that the clerk is an early-game shopkeeper is BROKEN BEYOND REPAIR. It should be removed. And you should put whatever she could sell into quest rewards. But absolutely NO SHOP.

Likewise, the Prefix Applicator should be scrapped.

A great item you should expand onto are the quest boxes. And quest reward balance as a whole.

As this stands: The mod is somewhat unbalanced, so here are my tips in the order they should be applied:

1. Remove the Clerk's item shop. She doesn't needs one, and it provides nothing that other NPCs cannot do.
  2. Remove the prefix applicator, or make it a rare quest reward item.
  3. Special Wayfarer items should be quest rewards too.
  4. Rebalance quest rewards, as well as adding several quests in-between, for balance sake (I could help you with that if you please)
  5. Consider that, lorewise, the Clerk might serve a better role as a hardmoe character (Still tho, with NO SHOP)
  6. Add an "optional quests system". Quests that the player can choose to do, but after completing some other quest, they are gone. (For example, the second quest could be exploring the surface, but the third quest is exploring the underground. If the player explores the underground before doing quest 2, then quest 2 becomes undoable)
  7. Consider adding branching quest paths, depending on what quests the player follows. (Exploring the underground, or the tundra underground, for example)

Is it there any way I could check all of the available main quests? Just to see how balanced they are and help you with them.

Whatever you can use lead for, you can also use iron. So it doesn't matters.
I really think all of the quests need rebalancing tho.
I think the Clerk NPC is a very solid idea for possible quest based shop unlocks, especially with mod extensions. And I agree that your ideas are great for people who want a more hardcore Terraria, however there are also players who just want less grinding. A good option would be configurations and different options, and that's the great thing about quest mods, quests should be fairly easy to add and/or change.

I think the Clerk NPC is a very solid idea for possible quest based shop unlocks, especially with mod extensions. And I agree that your ideas are great for people who want a more hardcore Terraria, however there are also players who just want less grinding. A good option would be configurations and different options, and that's the great thing about quest mods, quests should be fairly easy to add and/or change.

One thing is a shop. And one completely different thing is being broken about it.
People mistake "less grinding" with "making the game a complete cakewalk". I already stated how you can literally not play the entire early game in just 5 minutes with the current shop's state.

It's not about "making it more hardcore" or anything. It's simple balance. And the sad truth is that the shop is not balanced in the slightest. You can get the platinum pickaxe in just 5 minutes of play-time. This is not about "preventing grinding", it's about making the game a complete challenge-less run.

You can get in less than 4 minutes a sword that makes every other sword in the early-game useless. You can also get a spear (rare item) and a great bow. Also, a gun. Guns aren't supposed to be available until the first Corruption/Crimson exploration (And we aren't gonna take into account mods here for the MAIN shop.)

The shop would be nice, if it was quest-currency only. Meaning that NO item besides the quest log can be bought with normal currency: You will need to do quests in order to get something like "quest coins".

But seriously, a shop is not needed. There is nothing you cannot get in a Mystery Boxes. What the mod could do is add different ID Mystery Boxes, each with their different item pools (Some even with a guaranteed item to drop) as quest rewards.

Mystery Box Seems like such a well-developed concept that the OP isn't expanding on. And you can prevent the "grinding" part by making several, different ID, Mystery Boxes with different drops.

Ok, I've done a bit of thinking, and here are some tentative changes and ideas for the v2 (because with the changes it will most certainly not work with previous versions), as well as reasons where applicable:
  • Remove the current quests: this mod becomes just the framework. The only items included will be the expedition board/log (sold by merchant/skele merch), and possibly the quest boxes.This also means no need for config files, and also leads into:
  • Turn the current quests and mod items into a mod extension, probably called "Expeditions Main Content". This also means if you want to use the mod for other things without all the kerfuffle of the current inbuilt quests, you can just not load the extension. See Iara's tip #2,6,4,7 (and yes I need help with this very much so - I actually do have a large list of things that need to be made into quests but haven't done so yet).
  • Change quests to revolve around the Guide - literally almost facepalmed that I forgot about that.
  • Clerk spawn conditions to be either something like the Travelling Merchant's 2 person requirement or just after the Guide, Merchant and Nurse move in. Probably the latter for.
  • Clerk item shop (and hence role) will only be for items unlocked via quests. This was the original intention anyway, I just haven't got around to making quests for all the wayfarer things yet because time and effort, same reason as why there are only like 12 quests barely cobbled together (also Iara's tip #1,3).
  • Actually get around to writing that guide on making mod extensions for this.
  • I probably missed a few things.
@N1cknamed those are some strange issues, I think they've been fixed already though but not in the released version.
@Iara Hopefully not too unreadable, but the quests and content in source are all here.

Ok, I've done a bit of thinking, and here are some tentative changes and ideas for the v2 (because with the changes it will most certainly not work with previous versions), as well as reasons where applicable:
  • Remove the current quests: this mod becomes just the framework. The only items included will be the expedition board/log (sold by merchant/skele merch), and possibly the quest boxes.This also means no need for config files, and also leads into:
  • Turn the current quests and mod items into a mod extension, probably called "Expeditions Main Content". This also means if you want to use the mod for other things without all the kerfuffle of the current inbuilt quests, you can just not load the extension. See Iara's tip #2,6,4,7 (and yes I need help with this very much so - I actually do have a large list of things that need to be made into quests but haven't done so yet).
  • Change quests to revolve around the Guide - literally almost facepalmed that I forgot about that.
  • Clerk spawn conditions to be either something like the Travelling Merchant's 2 person requirement or just after the Guide, Merchant and Nurse move in. Probably the latter for.
  • Clerk item shop (and hence role) will only be for items unlocked via quests. This was the original intention anyway, I just haven't got around to making quests for all the wayfarer things yet because time and effort, same reason as why there are only like 12 quests barely cobbled together (also Iara's tip #1,3).
  • Actually get around to writing that guide on making mod extensions for this.
  • I probably missed a few things.
@N1cknamed those are some strange issues, I think they've been fixed already though but not in the released version.
@Iara Hopefully not too unreadable, but the quests and content in source are all here.

Yeah! Those would be extremely great changes!
The current quests, imo, should be deleted tho, or rewritten. Also, the items aren't bad per se. They are OK IF they would be applied properly. The Clerk shop should be deleted and items should be quest rewards.

Wayfarer sword: It could be a reward of a quest like this one:
"As you might have realized, this Island is filled to the brim with monsters. Being able to defend yourself is in order. What I want you to do is get a powerful sword... Something made out of gold/platinum will do. Then give it to me and I will improve it for you."

QUEST REQUIREMENT:
Give Gold Broadsword x1 OR Give Platinum Broadsword x1

QUEST REWARD
Wayfarer's Sword x1

And it's repeatable version after that one is completed

"Did you lost your Wayfarer's Sword? I could always make you another, but I will some materials first.

QUEST REQUIREMENT:
Give Gold Broadsword x1 OR Give Platinum Broadsword x1

QUEST REWARD
Wayfarer's Sword x1

As you can see, it only needs some tweaking. I could help you all you want with it. My skype is iara.girly and my steam is iara_ if you are interested.

i tested the mod on a world and now im playing on a new world but i still have the progress of my other world how do i reset my progress i wane play from the start in my new world

One thing is a shop. And one completely different thing is being broken about it.
People mistake "less grinding" with "making the game a complete cakewalk". I already stated how you can literally not play the entire early game in just 5 minutes with the current shop's state.

It's not about "making it more hardcore" or anything. It's simple balance. And the sad truth is that the shop is not balanced in the slightest. You can get the platinum pickaxe in just 5 minutes of play-time. This is not about "preventing grinding", it's about making the game a complete challenge-less run.

You can get in less than 4 minutes a sword that makes every other sword in the early-game useless. You can also get a spear (rare item) and a great bow. Also, a gun. Guns aren't supposed to be available until the first Corruption/Crimson exploration (And we aren't gonna take into account mods here for the MAIN shop.)

The shop would be nice, if it was quest-currency only. Meaning that NO item besides the quest log can be bought with normal currency: You will need to do quests in order to get something like "quest coins".

But seriously, a shop is not needed. There is nothing you cannot get in a Mystery Boxes. What the mod could do is add different ID Mystery Boxes, each with their different item pools (Some even with a guaranteed item to drop) as quest rewards.

Mystery Box Seems like such a well-developed concept that the OP isn't expanding on. And you can prevent the "grinding" part by making several, different ID, Mystery Boxes with different drops.
What I'm saying is that as a mod maker, it'd be great to have a Quest-Centred shop npc it'd be great to have a general store that is related to quest rewards. Also, I'm not saying that getting a platinum pickaxe in 5 minutes is great game design. But what I am saying is that there are a variety of players who play with different playstyles. By having diverse options available you can cater to all these playstyles, and maybe even design quests related to a specific map or modpack. The Clerk NPC is great for extensions for this mod, and could serve as an unique npc itself. That aside, I do think your feedback is valid and valuable.

What I'm saying is that as a mod maker, it'd be great to have a Quest-Centred shop npc it'd be great to have a general store that is related to quest rewards. Also, I'm not saying that getting a platinum pickaxe in 5 minutes is great game design. But what I am saying is that there are a variety of players who play with different playstyles. By having diverse options available you can cater to all these playstyles, and maybe even design quests related to a specific map or modpack. The Clerk NPC is great for extensions for this mod, and could serve as an unique npc itself. That aside, I do think your feedback is valid and valuable.

Yeah. I think I wasn't clear with my point, sorry What I meant was: Remove her normal shop. She shouldn't sell normal items. Anything she "sells" should be quest-related only, and only that, unless properly implemented.

OP seems to have understood. Maybe the Clerk should have a special, in-depth quest-only shop. That would be better.
But really, mods can always make a quest-pack for this mod (since quests can be applied and all that) and add the rewards accordingly.

i tested the mod on a world and now im playing on a new world but i still have the progress of my other world how do i reset my progress i wane play from the start in my new world
Progress is saved per character. If you are absolutely totally most definitely sure you want to delete all quest progress, hold the keys O-K-0 (oh, kay, zero) when saving and exiting the world. This will reset your character's progress.

can you please add like side quest or something like that so that you will always have something to do even after beating the game

I am not the mod creator but I can answer with this:

This is basically just a "raw bone". So far the most important thing is to make sure that everything works as intended and is bug free.

Quest-lines will come. Don't you worry about it! Everything will be balanced and there will be tons of quests, side-quests, repeatable quests, branching quests and even quest paths, so sometimes some quests will NOT appear to you in some playthroughs.

At the moment, the mod even has several quest features that aren't used by the available quests.

Hi, great mod. I'm eager to see what future versions will bring.

That said, while I'm sure the NPC shop can be worked on, I also have no problem with a shop that sells plat pickaxes early. My view is, if you're a casual like myself, who normally "cheats" by bringing a plat pickaxe into a new world anyway... because really, at this point, I don't really want to spend too much time digging... having the option to buy a better pickaxe a bit earlier is fine with me. I mean, we still gotta go around and earn the currency to buy the equipment yeah?

My other view is, if I want a "legit" run and I feel that the gear in the shop is OP for where I am, then all I have to do is NOT buy it.

Like Cheezegami said, there are a diverse number of players with their own play-styles. Having the option for less grind doesn't prevent those from wanting more of a challenge, from actually experiencing said challenge. Just... don't buy the gear. Save your gold for something else.

On the topic of the NPC, I hope she's kept because I love new NPCs. I currency have her inhabiting a guild office.

Again, the Familiar is awesome and I totally would not mind more familiar Summons. Maybe a blue hedgehog staff to go with the fox? Grey Fox perhaps?

The current quests, imo, should be deleted tho, or rewritten. Also, the items aren't bad per se. They are OK IF they would be applied properly. The Clerk shop should be deleted and items should be quest rewards.

I'm sorry, but the current quest dialogue are awesome. They're well written, fit the NPC and don't go against whatever plot Terraria sorta has. I'm impressed by the effort put into them.

Clerk Shop is fine. Just don't buy the stuff if you feel they're overpowered for your challenge runs.

The Clerk should totally be kept. There is absolutely no reason for the Clerk to be removed. I mean, if we're going to remove NPCs for being not strictly necessary, we might as well remove ALL NPCs except for the Guide. The Clerk adds flavor. This Expeditions mod is really good because it adds flavor as well as mechanics.

Mod specific items SHOULDN'T be Quest rewards only. I can accept the idea of them being unlocked by completing quests but making them a one time thing or only retrievable through RNG or redoing certain actions is a drag.

I'm not trying to be contrary and certainly, any mod can be improved upon. But game balance isn't simply about upping challenge. Having a new mechanic is great but fun and flavor matter as well. In that sense, this mod felt really polished when it first came out. Yeah, it bugged out around the third quest but it had a look and feel that was both Terraria-esque yet unique to itself.

However, I would like to see repeatable side-quests as well.

Just to make it clear, the clerk isn't getting removed, just being separated into a mod addon with the other content. The main quests will be changed to revolve around the Guide giving the progress advice (I think this makes sense), but the clerk will be responsible for side-quests (already supported just no content), exploration and the other hoohah she was originally planned for, AKA the meat of the mod which needs doing. Think of the current iteration as a proof of concept, which I did state when I first released it. Suffice to say this mod may be slightly too ambitious for me.

The shop will stick around and sell most of what is currently available but only after completing specific quests relating to the gear. This should also mean if you don't want the clerk to be selling higher-end earlymode gear you can just not turn in the quests. I too am a lazy person who has gone through the early-game one too many times, and feel that the coolest bits of Terraria start after fighting the EoC. In a way the initial 4 tiers of ore are almost like a tutorial in playing the game before actually doing challenging/interesting things, in the same way as rushing in hardmode to get a mythril drill so you can get adamantite armour as quickly as possible.

So basically in a way this the mod content is aimed to be a bit like, and expand upon, the Angler's quest-a-day but more in the context of the way you play Terraria than just the fishing system, because that was pretty fun.

Summons are harder to code/sprite/etc. so eeeehhh. Meeeeeh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom