tModLoader Expeditions Mod - Modular Quest System

Just a question, theres is a form of collecting ALL the photos in a single album (like photos from different's mod's too)?
Coz' i want to "catch them all" if you know what I mean, and it's a bit tedious having to store them all on chest's (through I use the magic storage mod)
Just that, there is a form of collecting all the photos in a single album, like a collection of albums, or a specific storage for photos only?
Cheers! (sorry for my english, not my first language)
Oh ok, thank you for creating such amazing mod!!

I find it rather hilarious when you're in pre-hardmode and you open a box and get an end game calamity magic weapon

I saw the questions asked pages back about Moonlit gemstones; I don't want to spoil anything, but i have yet to see them or know WHAT they are. I don't see a wiki. Where do you get them/ how?

@Audrina2k They are a bunch of random items rewarded for doing the later quests in the camera questline, which may or may not be extremely buggy because this mod is quite old now and I haven't had the chance to rework it yet. There's a pickaxe, sword, bow and staff, as well as an armour set that grants lots of random useful effects for exploration. Also yeah no wiki yet, sorry.

@Audrina2k They are a bunch of random items rewarded for doing the later quests in the camera questline, which may or may not be extremely buggy because this mod is quite old now and I haven't had the chance to rework it yet. There's a pickaxe, sword, bow and staff, as well as an armour set that grants lots of random useful effects for exploration. Also yeah no wiki yet, sorry.
Oh please, no sorry needed. You're doing this for free, and get nothing for it. I appreciate everything. I look forward to seeing an update whenever you are able to.

I really like how this mod adds a quest system and encourages you to do things that you normally wouldn't do. I also find the reward boxes nice since you can seem to get anything even from mods. For some reason I have a habit of getting weapons from my own personal unreleased mod.

I've seen this last mentioned during May, but I'm having trouble with the Arcane Attire quest. It's the one where you put on a Wizard Hat and magic robe. I equipped the Wizard Hat and tried on every gem robe and even the standard robe in the armor slot and nothing triggered the quest being completed.
I find it rather hilarious when you're in pre-hardmode and you open a box and get an end game calamity magic weapon
Early game I once got an Elemental Shiv from Calamity, a post Moon Lord weapon. I didn't use it as that would have made the game way too easy at that point.

I really like how this mod adds a quest system and encourages you to do things that you normally wouldn't do. I also find the reward boxes nice since you can seem to get anything even from mods. For some reason I have a habit of getting weapons from my own personal unreleased mod.

I've seen this last mentioned during May, but I'm having trouble with the Arcane Attire quest. It's the one where you put on a Wizard Hat and magic robe. I equipped the Wizard Hat and tried on every gem robe and even the standard robe in the armor slot and nothing triggered the quest being completed.

Early game I once got an Elemental Shiv from Calamity, a post Moon Lord weapon. I didn't use it as that would have made the game way too easy at that point.
I think I finished that with the hat and a gemmed robe in vanity slots, but I have noticed some quests seem to show up before they can be completed. Try going back to it a little later in your progression.

I think I finished that with the hat and a gemmed robe in vanity slots, but I have noticed some quests seem to show up before they can be completed. Try going back to it a little later in your progression.
Putting them on in the vanity slot worked. Thanks! I guess this is an oversight. It bugs me to have uncompleted quests when I know I can complete them.

Okay, I think I finally figured out why the random boxes can give you end game Calamity items at the start of the game. They are actually set to a low rarity, like if you were to get a bad prefix on them, you would briefly see their item pickup text in gray. As far as I know, their new rarities are really just the item names being colored differently and not set to an actual high rarity.

I also noticed if you get a weapon that requires ammo, the boxes are nice enough to give you ammo for it as well.

Hello, dropping by to announce that I made an addon for the Expeditions Base mod, adding 41 new quests and 6 items!

It's still an alpha version, but more will come... at some point™.

It's named Expeditions Addon : Interactions. And the goal will be to make the NPC and world of terraria feel like a more interactive world.

You can find it on the github repo, or on the mod browser, because it's already uploaded now!

Feel free to give feedbacks and thoughts! The modding community has to become more collaborative! :D

Hello, dropping by to announce that I made an addon for the Expeditions Base mod, adding 41 new quests and 6 items!

It's still an alpha version, but more will come... at some point™.

It's named Expeditions Addon : Interactions. And the goal will be to make the NPC and world of terraria feel like a more interactive world.

You can find it on the github repo, or on the mod browser, because it's already uploaded now!

Feel free to give feedbacks and thoughts! The modding community has to become more collaborative! :D
Awesome! This is one of my standard mods for every playthrough.

So I did find a slight bug/problem, there seems to be a random weapon chance in the boxes, along with an absurd amount of item drops ( for instance 1200 blinkroot ) anyways, I'm currently Pre-EoC with a hellevator, and I opened an expedition box and got a post moon lord weapon from it lol. Figured I would say something regardless, it is a modded run, and the weapon is Lime Tier from the Calamity mod

So I did find a slight bug/problem, there seems to be a random weapon chance in the boxes, along with an absurd amount of item drops ( for instance 1200 blinkroot ) anyways, I'm currently Pre-EoC with a hellevator, and I opened an expedition box and got a post moon lord weapon from it lol. Figured I would say something regardless, it is a modded run, and the weapon is Lime Tier from the Calamity mod
That last is a fairly common issue that's been addressed repeatedly here; the boxes behave better with vanilla equipment, but gear from mods would require a bit more work. At this point, there's nothing to do but either use it, bank it for a more appropriate time, sell it and pretend the box gave you the money, or just destroy it.

As for the other stuff, like 1200 blinkroot, it's a little high, but box income really slows down fairly quickly, so you can write something like that up as the box saving you some small amount of farming. A quality-of-life improvement. It's easy enough to get an unnecessary amount of herbs fairly early in the game anyways, so it's no major overkill.

That last is a fairly common issue that's been addressed repeatedly here; the boxes behave better with vanilla equipment, but gear from mods would require a bit more work. At this point, there's nothing to do but either use it, bank it for a more appropriate time, sell it and pretend the box gave you the money, or just destroy it.

As for the other stuff, like 1200 blinkroot, it's a little high, but box income really slows down fairly quickly, so you can write something like that up as the box saving you some small amount of farming. A quality-of-life improvement. It's easy enough to get an unnecessary amount of herbs fairly early in the game anyways, so it's no major overkill.

I figured the modding items would be something that is fairly difficulty to balance out, maybe a tier system based off which bosses you've killed? Since you don't tend to find any lime items pre hardmode anyways. And yeah I wasn't too worried about the blinkroot or anything, Ive gotten crazier things before, just figured I would say something about the modding side.

From what I understand, Calamity's post Moon Lord tier items are actually set at a rarity of 0 and simply have different color text to reflect their rarity. That's why the boxes have a habit of giving you those weapons aside early game weapons.

Back
Top Bottom