tModLoader Expeditions Mod - Modular Quest System

I've been having slight issues with the Clerk spawning, in which she just straight up won't. I've progressed through to Wall of Flesh and still no clerk. I walked around on the surface for a solid 3 days in game without a single sighting. Even have open housing. Is there some spawn condition I'm missing? Because I'm pretty certain I've encountered her as soon as I had the merchant before.

I've been having slight issues with the Clerk spawning, in which she just straight up won't. I've progressed through to Wall of Flesh and still no clerk. I walked around on the surface for a solid 3 days in game without a single sighting. Even have open housing.
The OP lists that you need 120 life, 20 mana, and 6 defense. However, you may need more of all of the above. I THINK I had to use another mana crystal before she popped, I was having this issue because I was playing a non-caster.

Im not sure why but for some reason i cannot collect any of the rewawds. i cannot click complete nor can i pick up the first coupon that the clerk gives you to start with. i have tried to dissable/ re enable also re downloaded the mod but same thing.

Im not sure why but for some reason i cannot collect any of the rewawds. i cannot click complete nor can i pick up the first coupon that the clerk gives you to start with. i have tried to dissable/ re enable also re downloaded the mod but same thing.
A couple things to try:
1 - With the Expedition window open, try tabbing out of the game and back in and see if that helps.
2 - This is what I do, although it's not the most technical: Open the Expedition window and just click around... click on the slider bar, click on the Next and previous buttons, and just keep at it. After about 15-30 seconds, it'll start behaving normally, and should be fine until you exit the game.

I tried the tabbing out and it makes no difference also i can click on the next and last buttons and they work as intended....it is just that the missions will not complete and i cannot collect the expedition coupon for the mission that was auto complete when talking to the clerk (it will not allow mw to grab it)....i just tried re installing the mods to see if there is any difference but it is still the same.

Last edited:
I tried the tabbing out and it makes no difference also i can click on the next and last buttons and they work as intended....it is just the complete button that does not work and i cannot collect the rewawds by grabbing them either.....i just tried re installing the mods to see if there is any difference but it is still the same.
Ah... that's outside my experience. I know you need to find the Clerk before some tasks (including the task for the free coupon) will appear, some tasks appear well before it'll let you complete them (like the four swords task), and some of the tasks also require items BESIDES what it asks you to do ("find a cloud" also requires turning in several cloud and rain cloud blocks), but if your issue is more basic than that... it says "Complete" but literally simply won't let you click the "Complete" button and claim the reward... I don't know how to address that.... all I can say is that I DID encounter such an issue once when doing photo books, but that was long ago and I've slept since then, so I don't remember which task. :(

Here's hoping someone else has some input. Exactly where are you at in relation to this error? What task (or tasks), do you have the Clerk, how far are you in vanilla game progression (including optional bosses like King Slime and Queen Bee)? That can give folks something to work with.

ahh well thanks for the input anyway.....as none of the quests will complete i think i am going to have to uninstall. heres hoping there will be further updates and maby i will try it again after the next terraria update (providing the mods are updated to work with it).

Do you mean that the complete button doesn't respond when you click on it? Or that you're looking at quests in your expeditions log instead of the task board which is where you can complete expeditions?

the complete button is not working for any quest on either the quest log book or the task board.
the quests will not complete having an x by them and the quest that is auto complete at the start (the one where the clerk says you can have a coupon free on her to start with) will not allow me to take the coupon and i tried to press complete just incase but again it did nothing. There was one other that was complete but that also would not let me take the item.

the complete button is not working for any quest on either the quest log book or the task board.
the quests will not complete having an x by them and the quest that is auto complete at the start (the one where the clerk says you can have a coupon free on her to start with) will not allow me to take the coupon and i tried to press complete just incase but again it did nothing. There was one other that was complete but that also would not let me take the item.
You might have a mod messing up with it. Try disabling until it works to find out the culprit

Hi, i'm having an odd bug. i talked to my clerk and she despawned immediately. and now every morning i am getting a message saying "(name) the clerk has arrived!" but they never show up. and then the next morning i get the arrival message again. i am at a loss.

Hi, i'm having an odd bug. i talked to my clerk and she despawned immediately. and now every morning i am getting a message saying "(name) the clerk has arrived!" but they never show up. and then the next morning i get the arrival message again. i am at a loss.
My guess would be a mod conflict; one of your other mods causing this. Make sure all mods are updated, then start troubleshooting to see if you can determine which one is causing this behavior.
Another guess would be a house right on the edge of being too near Crimson/Corruption, perhaps causing her to move in and then leave. This can be an issue if you "complete" a worldgen house, like sticking a torch in a sky island house or a room under a World Tree that happens to be partly in-range of disqualification. When it says she's arrived, check your world map to see where she may have ended up.

Whoops, I updated TModLoader and all my mods, and now I have this issue too, and I can't figure out why! Did you find a resolution?

So with regards to the Clerk NPC, I did a little experimenting. I have this issue too, not only with the clerk, but with the Guide NPC too. I deleted that world and made a new one, and the Guide successfully spawns back now, but the Clerk still has the issue. I disabled every mod except Expeditions and its dependencies. The only mod I left on was Cheat Sheet, so I don't have to waste time. I made a new world, and voila!, the Clerk spawns in the game. So, it's most likely other mods are causing conflict. I'm gonna be enabling and disabling mods to see which one(s) is the problem.

While most of the photo albums can be copied, 'Terrarian Monster Almanac' can't. intended? I wanted one to hand in for the quest, and one to keep on my shelf.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom