tModLoader Experience and Classes

Are the new class advancement requirements reasonable?

• Yes! Major changes are NOT needed.

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • The Monster/Boss Orb requirements are reasonable, but not the other requirements.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The other requirements are reasonable, but not the Monster/Boss Orb requirements.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • No! Major changes are needed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's also in the Yoyo attack speed one, I had that enabled and disabled it when it stopped the magic storage crafting working, retested it earlier when I saw the Flying Minion one causing it and it breaks recipe groups too.

It's also in the Yoyo attack speed one, I had that enabled and disabled it when it stopped the magic storage crafting working, retested it earlier when I saw the Flying Minion one causing it and it breaks recipe groups too.
I'll just update all of them. They'll be up in 10 minutes.

Edit: All side projects have been updated to v1.0.2 to fix this bug.

Last edited:
Hi there, seems to be a bug with two of the class tokens (possibly more). I cannot craft the hunter and squire tokens even though I have the materials. When I look at the recipes in Recipe Browser, I cannot even mouse over the wood and iron required for those tokens.. no info shows up.

EDIT: Sorry, hunter token works but I can't seem to make the squire token. That IS iron bars, right?

EDIT2: OK that's just bizarre as it gets. It seems that certain recipes will not work unless you actually have the required items in the inventory. Having a box open that has the items inside doesn't work. This never used to be a problem. Probably a bug with Terraria itself.

EDIT3: Just a bit of feedback: due to the existence of the Ankh line of items, the class bonuses of the melee classes (basically all of them) are pretty close to useless IMO. I'm wondering if there's any chance this could get reworked in the future?

Last edited:
Hi there, seems to be a bug with two of the class tokens (possibly more). I cannot craft the hunter and squire tokens even though I have the materials. When I look at the recipes in Recipe Browser, I cannot even mouse over the wood and iron required for those tokens.. no info shows up.

EDIT: Sorry, hunter token works but I can't seem to make the squire token. That IS iron bars, right?

EDIT2: OK that's just bizarre as it gets. It seems that certain recipes will not work unless you actually have the required items in the inventory. Having a box open that has the items inside doesn't work. This never used to be a problem. Probably a bug with Terraria itself.

EDIT3: Just a bit of feedback: due to the existence of the Ankh line of items, the class bonuses of the melee classes (basically all of them) are pretty close to useless IMO. I'm wondering if there's any chance this could get reworked in the future?
A rework is in progress. This is likely to include:
-redo ranged classes
-introduce a resource mechanic for most/all classes (maybe just at tier 3?)
-adjust bonus values

Two possible resource mechanics (not final, just ideas at this point):
-Mystic or Sage: Spending mana fills the resource, resource empties slowly, at max resource the bar rapidly empties during which time you have unlimited mana and a slight damage boost.
-Saint: Successful aura heals (i.e., aura heals a target with no/minimal over-healing) push the resource bar in one direction that increases healing aura output but decreases damage aura output. Over time, the resource naturally shifts in the opposite direction to increase damage aura output at the cost of heal aura output. These two auras are somewhat overpowered at the moment so this adjustment will be a slight nerf overall. However, this mechanism is maybe too passive. I am considering alternative where the saint has more control over the direction of the resource. *open to ideas*

As for the Ankh, I'll give that some consideration when I'm adjusting bonuses. Thank you!

This rework is in the very early stages.

Last edited:
A rework is in progress. This is likely to include:
-redo ranged classes
-introduce a resource mechanic for most/all classes (maybe just at tier 3?)
-adjust bonus values

Two possible resource mechanics (not final, just ideas at this point):
-Mystic or Sage: Spending mana fills the resource, resource empties slowly, at max resource the bar rapidly empties during which time you have unlimited mana and a slight damage boost.
-Saint: Successful aura heals (i.e., aura heals a target with no/minimal over-healing) push the resource bar in one direction that increases healing aura output but decreases damage aura output. Over time, the resource naturally shifts in the opposite direction to increase damage aura output at the cost of heal aura output. These two auras are somewhat overpowered at the moment so this adjustment will be a slight nerf overall. However, this mechanism is maybe too passive. I am considering alternative where the saint has more control over the direction of the resource. *open to ideas*

As for the Ankh, I'll give that some consideration when I'm adjusting bonuses. Thank you!

This rework is in the very early stages.

Some other ideas:

All ranged classes: Have a meter that slowly fills up as you kill enemies. Call it, say, "Focus". When the meter fills up, your attacks all instantly crit for double crit damage as the meter quickly drains to 0.

Tank class: Fortitude builds up as you take damage. Each point of fortitude increases damage reduction by a further 1%. Maximum bonus at 25%. Fortitude builds up 1 point per 100 damage taken. At max fortitude, you automatically pull all enemies on screen toward you (doesn't work on bosses) and become immune to damage for the next 5 seconds. Fortitude does not start building up again for another 30 seconds.

Melee classes: Rage builds up on damaging enemies, 1 per 100 damage dealt. Each point of rage increases melee damage by 1%, to a maximum of 25%. At maximum rage, press a button to knock back all nearby enemies, dealing a large amount of damage to each of them (knockback doesn't work on bosses but the damage does). During this time, your movement speed is increased by 50% (can go beyond the cap), melee speed by 25%, and melee damage by 25%.

Hybrid: Enemies drop Essence Fragments. Collect Essence Fragments to increase various stats. At max stats, maybe something like double pick up radius for loot, +10% all damage, +10 defense, +5 life/sec. The idea would be that it would take quite a long play session to reach these max stats, BUT you can continue collecting Essence beyond this cap. You may press a button to expend some Essence at any time to unleash a projectile based on the class of armor you're wearing, with damage proportional to the amount of Essence (maximum 1000 damage let's say). So if the Essence cap is 10000, and you've maxed it out, you have the ability to unleash 10 projectiles all dealing 1000 damage.

Melee armor: Sword projectile that flies in a straight line and pierces all enemies and blocks. Travels about 2000 pixels.
Ranged armor: Timed Daedalus Stormbow effect on a specified location. Lasts about 5 seconds. In total would unleash about 50 arrows.
Magic armor: Create a huge fireball that explodes upon contacting any surface for very large AOE radius.
Summoner armor: Open a portal at a target location that sends out a total of 15 homing missiles at the nearest enemy on screen.
Throwing armor: Throw out a single, homing shuriken that, upon hitting an enemy, will bounce to the next closest enemy, dealing half the previous damage on each bounce. Max bounces of 5. Can go through tiles.

As for any potential changes to melee classes in terms of the bonuses, I would keep it simple. Tank would get things like a large defense boost at level 20, maybe life regen at 30, extra damage reduction at 40, large life boost at 50. The damage classes could get melee speed, crit, damage, etc.

I definitely recommend making significant changes to the melee classes in any event because almost everyone will use the Ankh Shield or a mod derivative of it, thus making them immune to knockback and just about every debuff. I can't imagine not using this, nor can I imagine anyone that wouldn't use it at all times, strictly for the knockback immunity if nothing else.

I'm confused. Horizontal speed is capped at 24mph (without accessories), so why do these classes give upwards of 200 movement speed when you hit the cap WELL before then? I made the assassin and maxed the speed bonus to test it and it does nothing. Am I missing something?

Quick q, how exactly do we set exp rate on a steam multiplayer server? Simply doing a little thing between me and a friend, but we don't exactly have a server console to auth ourselves. And is the exp rate defaulted to 0%?

Small edit: We seem to be gaining exp in single player, but not on the server. Very confused right now.

Edit 2: Found the /expnoauth command. Rip me.

Edit 567: Yeah no, we can't seem to get this to work. Nothing we do seems to get stuff working, even running it as a server and trying console stuff. Not sure what to do.

Last edited:
Quick q, how exactly do we set exp rate on a steam multiplayer server? Simply doing a little thing between me and a friend, but we don't exactly have a server console to auth ourselves. And is the exp rate defaulted to 0%?

Small edit: We seem to be gaining exp in single player, but not on the server. Very confused right now.

Edit 2: Found the /expnoauth command. Rip me.

Edit 567: Yeah no, we can't seem to get this to work. Nothing we do seems to get stuff working, even running it as a server and trying console stuff. Not sure what to do.

I'm having the same issue the multiplayer won't recognize the /expnoauth is like the mod half loads since the bar does show up but and the tokens are there as well as the boss drop items and the ascension orbs do drop.

I think there's a conflict with Calamity mod. As the above two posts have stated, having Calamity mod enabled causes the server not to sync with the mod in any fashion.

I'm having the same issue the multiplayer won't recognize the /expnoauth is like the mod half loads since the bar does show up but and the tokens are there as well as the boss drop items and the ascension orbs do drop.
Oh so it is a mod conflict hmmm since it was stated there where no mod conflicts I got careless it seems thank you for the answer

Edit: Confirmed it at least with calamity have not seen if there is more conflict with other mods but at least just testing calamity and this mod I have confirmed the mod failing to lunch it does not stop the game but there is no exp gain of any form in Multiplayer. Could be the Calamity or this mods last update because I have feeling that the mod was working in Multiplayer at least 2 days ago while me and my friends where testing to see if we could use the mods to play together.

Last edited:
Might've been an update with Calamity. I've only used this mod once so I'm not sure how the compatibility lined up before.

I'm not even sure why, my best guess is that Calamity added something that conflicts with the map hook used for multiplayer. I'm not super experienced though, so this is mostly just conjecture. Sad to see though, I really wanted to try out the new stuff in Calamity.

The Version for 1.3.5.2 TmodLoader v1.10.0.1 has an issue in multiplayer. no enemies drop exp. ascention orbs do drop from mobs but crafting exp orbs with them wont even give us exp. is this a general issue or just us 2?

Might've been an update with Calamity. I've only used this mod once so I'm not sure how the compatibility lined up before.

I'm not even sure why, my best guess is that Calamity added something that conflicts with the map hook used for multiplayer. I'm not super experienced though, so this is mostly just conjecture. Sad to see though, I really wanted to try out the new stuff in Calamity.

It's not just you. I hit about level 14 two days ago and since calamity updated I can no longer gain exp. Orbs still drop but you can't use them to force EXP gain either. Will consume them though. Single player works fine.

The Version for 1.3.5.2 TmodLoader v1.10.0.1 has an issue in multiplayer. no enemies drop exp. ascention orbs do drop from mobs but crafting exp orbs with them wont even give us exp. is this a general issue or just us 2?
I'm having the same issue with my multiplayer server.

Same world offline still gives EXP, new worlds offline give EXP. New worlds online do not. New character does not gain EXP online, butt does offline.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reports re Calamity conflict.

Given the types of issues reported, it's likely that Calamity is somehow disrupting ModPackets. If that is the case, then it will be difficult to resolve and we may have to wait for Calamity to fix it on their end.

Thanks for the reports re Calamity conflict.

Given the types of issues reported, it's likely that Calamity is somehow disrupting ModPackets. If that is the case, then it will be difficult to resolve and we may have to wait for Calamity to fix it on their end.

Calamity has been running into numerous bugs lately one time they Broke the Old Ones Army Event where there is no progression when enemies are killed when near the crystal.

Update : It seems this Version Of Calamity works well with the modpackets for ClassesAndExperience as far as Multiplayer Experience is concerned.

as of 1.1.7.948

https://www.mediafire.com/?5dcd027hbjmp94j

Last edited:
i just want to download an older version in order to play with a mod but i searched everywhere and i can't find one that accept 1.3.4.4 terrraria (i want the thorium mod)

Hey, I attempted to resprite the Nimbus mount (couldn't make the mad version soz)
CuteNimbusMount.gif

Back
Top Bottom