tModLoader Experience and Classes

Are the new class advancement requirements reasonable?

• Yes! Major changes are NOT needed.

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • The Monster/Boss Orb requirements are reasonable, but not the other requirements.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The other requirements are reasonable, but not the Monster/Boss Orb requirements.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • No! Major changes are needed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Even with the yoyo attack speed workaround my speed still goes above 200% which makes yoyo's bug out, even when the only accessoire i have equipped is a really high lvl warrior class token

Is it possible to designate this mod to gain experience *only* when the player themselves directly kills an enemy? In other words, if you're using Cheat Sheet and you have certain NPC's "disabled" which butchers them as soon as they get near you, they automatically die -- but the player still currently gets experience from those kills while using this mod.

I'm asking this because I've noticed a few other experience-based mods recognize when the player actually kills mobs themselves upon giving experience, meanwhile other types of enemy death aren't counted. It would be great to see this implemented, if at all possible. Thanks.

Last edited:
Small idea for a side project that could expand the classes into more unique kinds. Base a side project off Maplestory, an old 2D MMORPG known for having pretty much a ton of classes with job advancments. Besides having regular classes, they got variations like the Resistance's Pirate Class - The Mechanic which gets a mech or Resistance's Warrior class - Blaster who fights with arm cannons and EXPLOSIONS!

Is it possible to designate this mod to gain experience *only* when the player themselves directly kills an enemy? In other words, if you're using Cheat Sheet and you have certain NPC's "disabled" which butchers them as soon as they get near you, they automatically die -- but the player still currently gets experience from those kills while using this mod.

I'm asking this because I've noticed a few other experience-based mods recognize when the player actually kills mobs themselves upon giving experience, meanwhile other types of enemy death aren't counted. It would be great to see this implemented, if at all possible. Thanks.

If this is implemented I'd prefer it as another mod. I suspect your request would also disable exp gains from environmental kills, which I prefer to keep.

If this is implemented I'd prefer it as another mod. I suspect your request would also disable exp gains from environmental kills, which I prefer to keep.
No need to panic, I'm merely asking if this is possible in this mod.

I know many players would rather not get experience from environmental kills because it can be easily OP, and/or add a lot of exp that wasn't intended by the player. And if it is possible to only allow exp for direct kills (or even just when the player does some of the damage), it would be great to see this at least as an option.

No need to panic, I'm merely asking if this is possible in this mod.

I know many players would rather not get experience from environmental kills because it can be easily OP, and/or add a lot of exp that wasn't intended by the player. And if it is possible to only allow exp for direct kills (or even just when the player does some of the damage), it would be great to see this at least as an option.

Just to play devil's advocate, I encourage you to actually track how much exp you get from environmental kills next time you play. I'll tell you right now: in the grand scheme of things, if you're not actually grinding said exp, it is VERY, VERY little.

I think for now a good update for the mod will be:
°Slot for the token or the token give the bonus for being in the inventory.
°Custom Classes for other mod's (Like the Bard in Thorium).

That's all i have to say.

I understand programming is difficult.

Would you consider making class tokens for the Healer and Bard from the Thorium mod? Both classes are so well done that you'd think that both can be in the base game.

Its just that when we are using the Thorium mod and your mod, the other classes with tokens just out shine the bard in every way, which is sad.

Thank you we love your mod on our server, it added so much to our game.

Hey, I picked this mod up because it was the first rpg style mod I found that only seemed to ADD to the game, rather than subtracting from my available options. I love it. There's a minor compatibility issue with Magic Storage, where crafting your upgraded tokens in the Storage Crafting Interfaces doesn't trigger the loss of experience.

I mean, I won't complain too bitterly about having accidentally jumped from a level 35 Summoner to a level 35 Minion Master, but I figure you should know about the unintended interaction there.

Also, as one of those Terrarians who really enjoys building machinery and mob grinders, I really like that environmental kills still boost my experience, so I'll chime in with the crowd that would prefer that if you figure out how to disable it, that you make it an optional thing.

For some reason the Dark Energy (Minions of the Ceaseless Void from Calamity) give incredibly disproportionate amounts of XP. This was in Revengeance difficulty, and I leveled up from 118 to 122 in a single fight.

Would you consider making class tokens for the Healer and Bard from the Thorium mod? Both classes are so well done that you'd think that both can be in the base game.

Its just that when we are using the Thorium mod and your mod, the other classes with tokens just out shine the bard in every way, which is sad.

Thank you we love your mod on our server, it added so much to our game.
I was just thinking this, too. Bards still get non-specific damage bonuses, so maybe at least change Hybrid tokens to just give non-specific damage and crit boosts. This would be a great help. Otherwise, I'm just down to choosing tokens based on stats like life, run speed, or dodge chance.

I don't understand the Tank class 'periodic life' ability. I'm at level 216 (lategame expert Calamity + lots of grinding with Saint lol) so it says it 'occasionally heals for 145 life' but I don't see any burst heals a la Saint; my life regen seems fairly constant when I empty it with Rod of Discord for testing. I also don't seem to be able to get my life regen past about 30-31 (fluctuating?) life per second despite that accessory granting 43 hp/s and several other accessories that give health regen in varying quantities.

I also can't tell if I'm reading the spreadsheet wrong or if tank only gets 0.15% periodic life compared to Saint 1.5%...?

Back
Top Bottom