tModLoader Experience and Classes

Are the new class advancement requirements reasonable?

• Yes! Major changes are NOT needed.

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • The Monster/Boss Orb requirements are reasonable, but not the other requirements.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The other requirements are reasonable, but not the Monster/Boss Orb requirements.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • No! Major changes are needed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
v0.3.2
-added /expclasscaps to toggle on/off the caps on class bonuses
-added the caps on minions to token descriptions
-added experience_modifier and ignore_caps to sync packets for multiplayer
-fixed attack speed cap listed twice
@Avarlia @updatedude @Le tromp du Jawa
Does this help? The new setting is saved in character file so it can be set individually for each character and persists across sessions. Keep in mind that this removes ALL of the caps so yoyos will break around 80-90% attack speed and movement/jumps may get a bit out of hand.

Best thing that happened today! Thanks updatedude =)

I'm sorry to hear that about your PC's memory. I hope a replacement is favourable!

Actually, it's not possible to get past behind the 0.3.0 nerf, as it sets a lot of stuff to have a max Level, like 2 minions and stuff. I don't want to be rude or anything, but the latest "balance" ruined my fun with the mod. I want to level past level 100, but that's pretty much pointless now...
To be fair, the Minion Master's cap is 10. The Soul Binder (quality over quantity) was never meant to have very many bonus minions. I almost didn't give them any at all.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to have the Cleric's passive of nuking everything onscreen not affect neutrals? We're running into the issues of having to remove the class emblem, or just have our cleric stay away entirely, if we want to do stuff like get fishing bait or get truffle worms.

This issue has been resolved.

v0.3.3
-Saint damage aura no longer hits critters
-Saint immunity to darkness moved to level 3
-Saint gained mana cost reduction
-Saint lost periodic life regen (healing aura still affects the Saint)

I have updated the table: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0MAvKt4u50dTXNNUFhCekNOQlU/view?usp=sharing

@Avarlia @updatedude @Le tromp du Jawa
Does this help? The new setting is saved in character file so it can be set individually for each character and persists across sessions. Keep in mind that this removes ALL of the caps so yoyos will break around 80-90% attack speed and movement/jumps may get a bit out of hand.

To be fair, the Minion Master's cap is 10. The Soul Binder (quality over quantity) was never meant to have very many bonus minions. I almost didn't give them any at all.

That sounds awesome! Is there a way to leave the yoyo cap and still uncap the others? I don't want to trouble you any further, you already did what others wouldn't do, so thanks =)

That sounds awesome! Is there a way to leave the yoyo cap and still uncap the others? I don't want to trouble you any further, you already did what others wouldn't do, so thanks =)
You're welcome. :)

I have removed the cap on attack speed and hardcoded a check that limits attack speed to 70% when a channeled weapon is equipped. I think that yoyos are the only channeled melee weapon, but if others exist then they will be affected by this. I chose 70% because this allows you to equip things like the Fire Gauntlet without breaking yoyos.

This change will be in the next version along with some new sprites.

So I was messing around with increasing the levels and set my level to 3000. Game froze and now I can't load up my dude, so I'm assuming the exp value is causing the issue by being too large. Any way to fix this? If I had something to edit the raw player data I'd just fix it myself but I can only find inventory edit programs.

So I was messing around with increasing the levels and set my level to 3000. Game froze and now I can't load up my dude, so I'm assuming the exp value is causing the issue by being too large. Any way to fix this? If I had something to edit the raw player data I'd just fix it myself but I can only find inventory edit programs.

As far as I know the level/Exp are written on your character... How did you even reach level 3000? =O With a lot of farming I made it to 100...

I used /explvlset 3000
I did put a warning on the main post about this :p

Anyway, I can confirm that the amount of experience and resulting level is the issue. Removing the token will not help. However, experience is written to file only when saving. If the game crashed, then your character did not save and the experience will revert to its prior value. I have just tested this.

I'll put a limit on experience in the next version.

Well, that's a bit of a problem since it didn't quite crash, it froze. I had to turn off my computer to do anything. And trying to load up the character freezes it all again. The timestamps on the save files are recent too.

Well, that's a bit of a problem since it didn't quite crash, it froze. I had to turn off my computer to do anything. And trying to load up the character freezes it all again. The timestamps on the save files are recent too.
Oh dear. It must have auto-saved. The next version should save your character. I'll release it shortly and delay the new sprites to the version after that.

Might not hurt to have a few checks in place to make sure the exp values can't ever get that high. Either a hard limit or a check against INT_MAX (or whatever data type you're using)

EDIT: And don't worry about my file, my buddy and I only had like an hour left til we were done. We're just gonna get an inv editor and get my gear back so we can finish up.

Last edited:
Your mod is working like a charm! I have another question, if it's not too much. Do you think you will add a config file? So that people can change the values to their liking? Even if no, your mod is really nice =)

I would love to set level requirement to my own values and stuff, or getting Jump speed to values I love...

Last edited:
v0.3.4
-remove global limit on attack speed
-add limit of +70% attack speed for yoyos so they don't break (this affects all channeled melee weapons, but I think that's just yoyos)
-limit experience to level 500 (legit playthroughs are unlikely to exceed level 25-50)
-fixed potential crash when invalid parameters are given with commands

@It's Meepo! This should fix your character and prevent something like this from happening again.
@Avarlia Here's the uncapped melee speed with yoyo fix.

Your mod is working like a charm! I have another question, if it's not too much. Do you think you will add a config file? So that people can change the values to their liking? Even if no, your mod is really nice =)

I would love to set level requirement to my own values and stuff, or getting Jump speed to values I love...
I'll take a look at what would be required to have a config file. If it's not too much work, I'll implement it next week. My main concern with a config file is how it would affect multiplayer.

On the topic of balance and class bonuses, that discussion is still very much open. Please let me know if any of the classes are too strong, too weak, boring, etc.

Edit: The mod just broke 4000 downloads. I'm glad that you're all enjoying it!

Last edited:
@It's Meepo! This should fix your character and prevent something like this from happening again.
@Avarlia Here's the uncapped melee speed with yoyo fix.

I'll take a look at what would be required to have a config file. If it's not too much work, I'll implement it next week. My main concern with a config file is how it would affect multiplayer.

On the topic of balance and class bonuses, that discussion is still very much open. Please let me know if any of the classes are too strong, too weak, boring, etc.

Edit: The mod just broke 4000 downloads. I'm glad that you're all enjoying it!

Sadly, I don't know anything about coding for Terraria, but, for multiplayer, is there a way to enforce the settings of the mod from the server? And on a side note, you are doing a great job =)

Sadly, I don't know anything about coding for Terraria, but, for multiplayer, is there a way to enforce the settings of the mod from the server? And on a side note, you are doing a great job =)

It's certainly possible to move information between the server and clients. For example, experience values are synced this way in multiplayer. It's more an issue of "I can do this, but it will be a bit tedious and not so fun. Is it worth the effort?".

Hey, it did! Thanks man.
Great!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom