tModLoader Experience and Classes

Are the new class advancement requirements reasonable?

• Yes! Major changes are NOT needed.

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • The Monster/Boss Orb requirements are reasonable, but not the other requirements.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The other requirements are reasonable, but not the Monster/Boss Orb requirements.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • No! Major changes are needed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Um, can you help me, my exp wont work, like when I kill a zombie I gain no experience, and when I give myself 1 xp to test and when I kill another enemy I lost the xp, please help!

Um, can you help me, my exp wont work, like when I kill a zombie I gain no experience, and when I give myself 1 xp to test and when I kill another enemy I lost the xp, please help!
Singleplayer or multiplayer?
Have you adjusted any mod settings with the /commands?
Is this issue new or have you been experiencing it the entire time that you've been using the mod?

When using "Stats Config" to set health to higher value, opener attack's immunity will reset exceeded value to "normal" value, which is 100 + health crystal + life fruit.

Last edited:
When using "Stats Config" to set health to higher value, opener attack's immunity will reset exceeded value to "normal" value, which is 100 + health crystal + life fruit.
Thanks for letting me know. I will fix this in the next version.

Edit: this seems to be happening when the "phase" buff ends
Edit2: solved

Last edited:
I noticed that soul binder kinda breaks/ is incompatible with some minions in mods like thorium for example.
thunderbird hatchling refuses to fire any projectiles and you can't summon the beholder or any other 2 minion slot summons

I noticed that soul binder kinda breaks/ is incompatible with some minions in mods like thorium for example.
thunderbird hatchling refuses to fire any projectiles and you can't summon the beholder or any other 2 minion slot summons
I have not been able to replicate the issue. It's possible that another mod is causing this. I would need more information to troubleshoot further.

I tested:
-level 50 soul binder
-tiki armor to increase my max minion count above 1
-singleplayer and multiplayer
-hatchling and beholder summons

What is the Light Pets update?
The changelog for the side projects is currently only in their description in the Mod Browser. I'll add these to the main post shortly.

Edit: LightPets v0.3
-added shading to Cog Vortex so it dyes better
-tidied code to simplify adding more light pets (tell me what you'd like to see added!)

Whats a good lvl cap? I kinda messed myself up and now i have too much melee speed and my yoyo is bugged out. Im assuming this can happen for other things in the game if certain stats get too high. We are using a bunch of mods, thorium, calamity, tremor, blue magic, sacred tools, fargos souls. So with the souls mod, stats can get really high. What would you suggest I do?

Whats a good lvl cap? I kinda messed myself up and now i have too much melee speed and my yoyo is bugged out. Im assuming this can happen for other things in the game if certain stats get too high. We are using a bunch of mods, thorium, calamity, tremor, blue magic, sacred tools, fargos souls. So with the souls mod, stats can get really high. What would you suggest I do?
Re: Yo-yo
Yo-yo break somewhere between 70% and 90% attack speed (fyi, berserker is not a very good yo-yo class because of this). When a yo-yo is equipped, class tokens will not increase attack speed more than 70%, but you can still reach the breaking point if you use other attack speed items. In the next version, I'll change this so that the class tokens cannot increase attack speed past the breaking point. I might make a side project mod that hard caps yo-yo attack speed if that would be useful.

Re: Other Stat-Related Breaking
If you disable class bonus caps, it is possible for jump speed to get out of hand.

Re: Balance
Ensure that you are playing on 1x experience rate with class bonus caps enforced. Under those settings, it is unlikely that you will exceed level 100. It's mostly at levels above 100 that balance becomes an issue.

Last edited:
I'd suggest a class cap of 80 with -75% damage values (so they are at 1/4); classes will still be a good deal better than regular accessoires but not so extreme.
Just hit level 40 before mech bosses with 250% exprate and only thorium mod for additional content, take from that what you will.
40 HP, 10% damage, 2+5 def, etc. bonuses from Sage are good enough compared to the regular items.

The mod is really cool, but here's a suggestion: You should buff the enemies each certain levels you reach(For example, buff each 20 levels), otherwise the game get easy and... boring :v(Also, I think you should change the orbs sprites to a pixel style, the current sprite just don't fit in Terraria, also, sorry if my english is bad :v)

After reading several people complaining about the difficulty, I want to similarly plead for you not to change anything that makes the game "harder". Even without mods Terraria is a joke on normal, and will always be no matter what one does. If anyone is using mods then they can address any balance issues with +difficulty mods (such as enemy prefixes). I'm playing a 10+ mod run atm, including Blue's Magic, Calamity, Thorium, Tremor, this mod, and others. I'm level 90, with exp gain at 100%, damage reduction at 0%, and level cap at 100.

This mod is no where near the level of breaking the game on expert and none of the classes are my best accessory. Even when they are (they are in mid-game), it's not op against any bosses. None of the classes allow anyone to just steamroll any of the hard-mode bosses. They certainly are nice though, and do allow more room for player error against the bosses, which I would argue is one of the points of having a mod like this installed. The main point of this mod, to me, is that it's interesting, adds a mob/boss drop that's not useless no matter how far I am in the game (still need orbs on my level 90), and gives me a decent accessory at all points of the game. I hate vanilla Terraria's accessory options sometimes as there are points where there's nothing equal tier to your armor.

Thanks for the mod Saerus. It's one of my favorites. If you do decide to add/change difficulty in the class mod it would be sweet if it was optional at the least. <3

Back
Top Bottom