tModLoader Experience and Classes

Are the new class advancement requirements reasonable?

• Yes! Major changes are NOT needed.

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • The Monster/Boss Orb requirements are reasonable, but not the other requirements.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The other requirements are reasonable, but not the Monster/Boss Orb requirements.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • No! Major changes are needed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
/exprate should be your go to, but it may be like an earlier issue similar to crawltipedes I believe with worms and high defense.
Yeah, it only happens with this one boss (miniboss?), since it has enough defense to never take more than 1 damage on its body. It even acts like a Crawltipede, becoming more aggressive when the player is in the air. It's the Storm Weaver from the Calamity mod, one of the Sentinels of the Devourer (nearly the final part of the mod). Hopefully that should be enough to find the ID or whatever is needed.

Hopefully this can be fixed.

500+(5/level)% for the Opener damage...wouldn't this mean it actually gets weaker as you level up?

Should be either (level/5) or (5*level). Or you know, something that's actually balanced because those two most likely are not.

I had addressed the Crawltipede issue by limiting experience from monsters with defense above a threshold so that should have applied to the Storm Weaver too. I'll take a look at it later.

Opener damage is 500% plus 5% per level. I.e., 500%+(5*level)%. I have adjusted the in-game text.

Will the Nimbus Mount ever be animated? Seems oddly static.

Also, requesting an option for E&C to allow past 400 max mana. Possible?
I probably won't go back and animate it, but if anyone wants to update the sprite for animation then I would certainly implement it.

Last time I checked, there wasn't any way to bypass the 400 mana cap. I can think of a few workarounds, but it'd be more effort than it's probably worth to make it clean.

Storm Weaver stats:
eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Nkbi5kaXNjb3JkYXBwLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8zMTMxNDc4NjEzOTc0MDU2OTYvMzE0NjU0NTc3OTg1MDYwODY0L3Vua25vd24ucG5nIn0.9bFl1LRRxnK9Gy6SPP3vZf0W-cI

Could the fact that it's two phases of the same boss be the problem? Also that even in the high-defense phase, one segment has 0 defense.

the warrior class adds melee speed but when you level too high and the melee speed goes past a certain point (I don't know how high tho) yoyo's bug out and fly away making them unusable. Maby it's a smart idea to add a cap to the melee speed so yoyo's don't bug out past a certain point.
YES PLEASE FIX THE YOYO BUG

YES PLEASE FIX THE YOYO BUG
This has already been implemented. It's likely that a version change in tModLoader broke this, but non-vanilla accessories (with higher-than-vanilla bonuses) can also cause this. If I recall correctly, yoyo break somewhere around +88% attack speed.

It seems to me that Crawlipede from Solar gives EXTREAM amount of exp..this is very broken and very exploitable. i can jump like 10 levels just by killing them alone.

this should not be possible!

I'm really liking the idea of this mod but there are some balance issues to be concerned about regarding some classes anyway.

To start, I think you should decide upon a max level, and scale your exp for a standard terraria playthrough on vanilla so that it feels natural. The default EXP rate is very slow for the leveling process. If you can decide on a max level, you can better tune your bonuses and how they'll play out during a standard playthrough. You can then let players modify their max level caps on their own based on mods that have post Moon Lord content (like Calamity Mod for example).

There should then be more passive abilities to support your classes. Your opener attacks for your Thief class and Heal/Damage auras are a nice start, but try to figure something unique to give to your classes, particularly at certain level caps. If you left your base level cap be at 100, you could set something nice at lower level (1 or 10), and then something at a second big bonus at a later level, such at level 50.

Your archer classes are devoid of any creativity right now and are simply the same bonuses together. A few ideas you could try:
Marksman: Pure Ranged damage class. Adds move speed, ranged damage, crit, and ammo reduction like your current ranged classes.
Trapper: Mixed Ranged Damage + Sentry class. Allows you to summon additional sentries as you level (akin to the Dungeon Defenders equipment). Ranged/Sentry Damage as you level.
Sniper: Sacrifice weapon use speed for high power. Decreased Fire Rate by a large amount. Increase Damage, Velocity, Crit Rate, and Crit Damage. Later levels can grant the Shroomite Armor bonus to the player (where standing still provides stealth but a bonus to damage when shooting while in stealth). Bonus to allow all shots to Pierce regardless of weapon/arrow/bullet choice, if that's a possibility.

Your support class is a bit overpowered. The healing is incredible, but even more so is the damage output of the aura. I think the issue might be more with its range being screenwide, dealing huge damage from a safe distance to all targets. Perhaps requiring line of sight (like how Spears wont hit through walls) or by dividing the damage between the number of enemies affected (so full damage on a single entity, or reduced to 25% when there are a lot of targets). Worms and other segmented monsters get demolished by this effect, but its a good start. This healing and damage outperforms the Tank class as Tanking in my opinion as the armor gains are sufficient enough to reduce damage compared to just healing it back by not getting hit (and not getting hit is standard in terraria).

I do like auras that benefit others for the support class. Perhaps consider an Alchemist Support class. Their perks could involve increasing the duration of Potions, allowing allied units to also receive the effects of potions you drink (including stat/buff potions or healing potions), reducing Potion Sickness time for themselves, and as an offensive ability unique to them: naturally adding effects like On Fire, Chilled, and Broken Armor to their attacks, where higher levels add Poison, Cursed Inferno, and Electrify (as if using Alchemy to coat weapons that do these sorts of effects). Broken Armor and Chilled offer good support while the rest supplements an Alchemist's damage as by default might not have any damage modifiers accessible to them (maybe Throwing by a small amount?).

All of your starting classes pale in comparison to the Hybrid class. To be honest, the speed mod is of such great use that it outweighs any of the other bonuses classes like Squire or Archer get. Also, consider having a base line for some stats at level 1 for some classes. For example, Squire could start with 5 armor, 10% melee power and speed, and 20 hp, then gain whatever its scaling bonuses are. You may even consider penalties as well, such as other damage types that aren't melee, though considering most accessories in terraria aren't like that, its probably not necessary.

Consider making a separate set of class tokens; one that's a "Main" job and others that are "Sub" jobs. Having classes split 50/50 while taking two slots doesn't get much out of the stat bonuses, and only the passives for that class (which is nice too I suppose). Consider a Main job that is not reduced in levels, allowing you to wear Sub Job tokens that are split on level (so a main Tank job will continue to get full bonuses at level 100, while a subjob token will reach Level 50 at the same level, or two sub jobs reaching Level 33). Level up perks can be spaced out that ones that you'd want shared between classes (via a subjob) are gained between level 1-50 while ones you'd want only a main class to have be at levels 51-100.

I said a lot here, but that just shows i'm very interested in a more refined version of this. Let your creativity go at it and bring some nice variety. Maybe if I look into how the scripts are made, I'd consider writing my own. For now, I'm still really enjoying this mod while I explore Titanium and Calamity for the first time.

I created a forum account just to say that I need your mod in my life for 0.10. I have literally been checking the browser every few hours hoping for it. I had no idea how much I needed it to play terraria until I updated. My life is empty without your mod.

ExperienceAndClasses v1.2.2
-updated for tModLoader v0.10.0.1
-token descriptions currently always display as if they were equipped (does not affect actual stats)
-crawltipede (and similar) exp glitch should be fixed
-source no longer hidden and is also available on git

CuteNimbusMount v1.0.1

FinalFantasyStuff v1.0.1

FlyingMinionsIgnoreTerrain v1.0.1

LightPets v1.0.1

YoyoAttackSpeedWorkaround v1.0.1

ZeldaRupee v1.0.1

ExperienceAndClasses v1.2.3
-token descriptions will show the "Current Bonuses" only if that class is equipped (any duplicate token in your inventory will still show this text)
-fixed bug that allowed summoner to be crafted with 1 orb instead of 2 (also affected MM and SB, implemented in a way to keep it from happening with anything ever again)
-fixed a potential exp calculation glitch

Last edited:
Hey man! :)

I'd like to report that something in your mod is conflicting with the craft from chests mechanic. While I have your mod on, I can't craft directly from them.
Thanks in advance and congratulations on the awesome mod!

Love your mod.

I would like to report that when using your mod with the Luiafk mod some items from Luiafk are uncraftable. Im not sure which mod is ultimately responsible, but figured I should let you know.

Here is a link to the post from the Luiafk thread .

So I tested some stuff, it's not just my items. Any items that use recipegroups instead of just single ingredients aren't craftable with this mod enabled (I can't craft the Seraph Tracers from calamity for example, since the wings ingredient is from a recipegroup) :(

Thanks for letting me know. I know the cause and I can fix this.

Edit: Should be fixed now. Sorry about that!

ExperienceAndClasses v1.2.4
-fixed crafting bug that was affecting other mods (introduced in v1.2.3)

Edit2: LightPets and FinalFantasyStuff have now also been updated to v1.0.2 to prevent this issue.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates. It appears that FlyingMinionsIgnoreTerrain is causing the same issue. Having only Luiafk and FlyingMinionsIgnoreTerrain installed I am noticing that some recipes are not showing.

Thanks for the updates. It appears that FlyingMinionsIgnoreTerrain is causing the same issue. Having only Luiafk and FlyingMinionsIgnoreTerrain installed I am noticing that some recipes are not showing.
Sorry, I didn't realize that the bug affected that one too. A new version is up with the fix.

Back
Top Bottom