tModLoader Experience and Classes

Are the new class advancement requirements reasonable?

• Yes! Major changes are NOT needed.

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • The Monster/Boss Orb requirements are reasonable, but not the other requirements.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The other requirements are reasonable, but not the Monster/Boss Orb requirements.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • No! Major changes are needed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are the class abilities currently available? And if so, when do they become available to use?
Not yet. When added, these will be listed in the patch highlights and a temporary section will be added to the main post with more details.

How are things going @Saerus ?
I haven't been able to work on the mod this last week due to various IRL reasons, but I'll be back to it soon.

hello, thx a lot for this mod which now give me a kind of meaning for my endless grinding in terraria.
One question, what is the command to remove the xp death penality, i can't find it.

I am near the end of a pre hard mode modded world and for the moment it s seem relativly correct (in term of balance), using the tier 3 hybrid
i like the minion number increase with a small increase with all weapon damage, i am a summon/one weapon type hybride and that's fine with me :)

something about my endless grinding: if i spend two hours in the jungle ,my xp bar won't move a lot, while if i farm boss (even quite early boss) the xp/time rate rocket. In unmodded world that could be ok cause farming boss component can take some time but mod offer a lots of possibilities for efficient boss farming. Perhaps a first time kill bonus then divide the xp gain by two for boss could be an idea or something like that, just my 2cp opinion ;) .

xp by class frightened me a bit but after a thought seems to be a reasonable idea, perhaps bonus for similar class could occur.
i ve seen the endgame calamity and fargowiltas, good luck to scale with these lol, but i cant comment yet, not tested

good luck and good continuation for this really interesting mod :) , i wish i had it when i had to grind 80 pirate invasion to get my greedy ring snif

Last edited:
Okay, looking at the Smite list of undead enemies affected, it seems the following monsters are smite-exempt:
Dark Caster, Cursed Skull, Dungeon Guardian & Skeletron (technically both undead), Tim, Mummies and its variants, Desert Spirit, Ghouls and its variants, the post-plantera dungeon casters (diabolist, necromancer and ragged caster), Dungeon Spirit, Rune Wizard, Wraith, Frankenstein, Vampire, Poltergeist, Headless Horseman (is he actually undead? I mean, the "no head" thing makes me question wether he's alive or not...)... The Flying Dutchman is technically a ghost ship... Does that make it undead? Are undead ships a thing?

Okay, looking at the Smite list of undead enemies affected, it seems the following monsters are smite-exempt:
Dark Caster, Cursed Skull, Dungeon Guardian & Skeletron (technically both undead), Tim, Mummies and its variants, Desert Spirit, Ghouls and its variants, the post-plantera dungeon casters (diabolist, necromancer and ragged caster), Dungeon Spirit, Rune Wizard, Wraith, Frankenstein, Vampire, Poltergeist, Headless Horseman (is he actually undead? I mean, the "no head" thing makes me question wether he's alive or not...)... The Flying Dutchman is technically a ghost ship... Does that make it undead? Are undead ships a thing?
Thank you! I've added most of these to the list using terraria.wiki.gg for any I was uncertain of (it lists them as "undead enemy").

Thank you! I've added most of these to the list using terraria.wiki.gg for any I was uncertain of (it lists them as "undead enemy").
GG you have the 666e comment
[doublepost=1526393006,1526392869][/doublepost]
actualy the headless horseman is a dullahan se on google which make im technically a undead

Isn't the grind for the Chocobo stuff a little excessive? While on the opposite side dropping from everything, is also too much? Asking for 3 0.2% drop items on top of 200 1% drop items and 1 2% drop item (2% from only bosses mind you, 50 boss average for 1 item) and none of these drop from statue enemies either), for a mount which the description even for gold one sounds underwhelming, maybe a marginally increased hornet mount soon replaced I'd guess, only for you to continue to have you inventory clogged with (unattractively sprited) whistles because as you know when you get that one item you'll get 500 of them, from every single enemy in the game including hardmode ones.

Maybe reduce the require, buff the upgrades and restrict drops to bosses?

Isn't the grind for the Chocobo stuff a little excessive? While on the opposite side dropping from everything, is also too much? Asking for 3 0.2% drop items on top of 200 1% drop items and 1 2% drop item (2% from only bosses mind you, 50 boss average for 1 item) and none of these drop from statue enemies either), for a mount which the description even for gold one sounds underwhelming, maybe a marginally increased hornet mount soon replaced I'd guess, only for you to continue to have you inventory clogged with (unattractively sprited) whistles because as you know when you get that one item you'll get 500 of them, from every single enemy in the game including hardmode ones.

Maybe reduce the require, buff the upgrades and restrict drops to bosses?
Thanks for the input. I haven't touched that mod in ages, but I do agree with every point that you've made. How does this solution sound?
1. Remove the poorly-sprited items
2. Add something like "Chocobo Feather" that drops from all bosses (stackable)
3. Craft base whistle from feathers
4. Craft better whistles with prior whistle + feathers

That should remove eye-sores, declutter inventory, and remove excessive drops.

Sounds good. I'm not sure what the flight time is like but if it is as it sounds a slightly better hornet (though I wouldnt describe the hornet flight time as slight, its easy to reach space even on a large map, a common drop from a mid prehardmore boss) maybe buff that a little too at least for the top end golden (know for thier ability to fly). But yeah the feather solution certainly sounds like an elegant way to deal with the grind/clutter.

Thanks for listening though.

Just wanna say I've thoroughly enjoyed this through two longer playthroughs now with friends and it's wonderful to see it coming along since I last played it as well.

One thing I would love to see but obviously is not just up to you is integration with some 'classes' from more popular mods *cough* Bard or ExpandedSentries' Sentry damage *cough*.

I was actually really hoping that Hybrid would just be 'damage' period instead of different values for different ones, so that I could use it for a fun little Bard or Sentry play, but I really fell behind friends without getting the class boost.

Still a great mod, much fun had, thanks for continuing work on it!

Now that you mention sentries, I recall something like Saerus not being sure about what to do for the third tier III summoner class (and then possibly settling down with having a single, very powerful summon) some time ago. Wouldn't specialization on sentries be a nice choice for that?

Just wanna say I've thoroughly enjoyed this through two longer playthroughs now with friends and it's wonderful to see it coming along since I last played it as well.

One thing I would love to see but obviously is not just up to you is integration with some 'classes' from more popular mods *cough* Bard or ExpandedSentries' Sentry damage *cough*.

I was actually really hoping that Hybrid would just be 'damage' period instead of different values for different ones, so that I could use it for a fun little Bard or Sentry play, but I really fell behind friends without getting the class boost.

Still a great mod, much fun had, thanks for continuing work on it!

Now that you mention sentries, I recall something like Saerus not being sure about what to do for the third tier III summoner class (and then possibly settling down with having a single, very powerful summon) some time ago. Wouldn't specialization on sentries be a nice choice for that?
Unfortunately, there are no "damage", "sentry limit", or "sentry damage" stats so I have avoided these so far. It's not impossible to add any of them, but their effects could end up being somewhat inconsistent.

Dumb question, but when you get to tier III does it have a set summon amount (e.g tier I +1 summon, tier II +2 summon, etc), or as you level up you gain more summon slots? (Sorry if that didn't make sense)

Dumb question, but when you get to tier III does it have a set summon amount (e.g tier I +1 summon, tier II +2 summon, etc), or as you level up you gain more summon slots? (Sorry if that didn't make sense)
Tier I (Novice) only gains 0.5 hp per level, no other bonuses.
You have to pick the Tier II (Summoner) class to begin receiving summon slot bonuses as you level up, but Tier II (Hybrid I) does gain summon damage. I’m not sure exactly how Tier III’s different summon classes work, but Tier III’s Hybrid II class does gain summon slots, presumably at a lesser rate.

There are 2 Tier III Summoner classes. One of which actually reduces the ammount of Summons you can have active, but increases their affectiveness, and another that increases the ammount of Summons you can have, but makes them individually weaker.
The latter increases the ammount of Summons you can have as you level through it, although there is a cap.

Back
Top Bottom