tModLoader Experience and Levels

Kachow

Terrarian
Experience and levels, by Kachow.

This mod was the result of me being bored during a two hour car ride.

Experience and levels adds just what the title suggests: Experience, and levels.
Essentially, whenever you kill an enemy, you will get an amount of Experience according to that enemy's health. For example, Moon Lord will give lots more experience than a zombie.
As you level, your damage output and health will increase. To add a bit of difficulty, alternate methods of gaining health are disabled.
Certain levels will give rewards:
When you first reach level one, you will be given 25 torches and 25 rope.
Every 5 levels you will get 10 healing potions.
Every level will give you a varying amount of money.

Screenshot of the UI:
Capture.PNG

Discord Server:
https://discord.gg/U6mruu3
Well, Thats all for now! Feel free to suggest more stuff!
-This mod is on the browser-

Experience and levels, by Kachow.

This mod was the result of me being bored during a two hour car ride.

Experience and levels adds just what the title suggests: Experience, and levels.
Essentially, whenever you kill an enemy, you will get an amount of Experience according to that enemy's health. For example, Moon Lord will give lots more experience than a zombie.
As you level, your damage output and health will increase. To add a bit of difficulty, alternate methods of gaining health are disabled.
Certain levels will give rewards:
When you first reach level one, you will be given 25 torches and 25 rope.
Every 5 levels you will get 10 healing potions.
Every level will give you a varying amount of money.

Screenshot of the UI:
View attachment 176231
Discord Server:
https://discord.gg/U6mruu3
Well, Thats all for now! Feel free to suggest more stuff!
-This mod is on the browser-
That could be useful for good things, I support it

Everytime I close the game and reopen it, my characters' hp are reset to 80. Does closing and then opening Terraria count as disabling the mod? Also they all share the HP value.

My fix on the Level bug is that you can farm EoC and WoF for your levels. Not really a fix, just a work-around.
[doublepost=1505746800,1505746670][/doublepost]Also, another bug I've noticed is that when your level is back at 0 (Or any other low number), when you kill a high-level enemy such as EoC, the Expierence numbers can go higher than the amount of experience you need to level up. For example, if you need 100 experience, if you kill EoC, you might have 1000/100 XP.

When this happens, if you kill any enemy, it will level you up as long as the number is above the required experience.

My fix on the Level bug is that you can farm EoC and WoF for your levels. Not really a fix, just a work-around.
[doublepost=1505746800,1505746670][/doublepost]Also, another bug I've noticed is that when your level is back at 0 (Or any other low number), when you kill a high-level enemy such as EoC, the Expierence numbers can go higher than the amount of experience you need to level up. For example, if you need 100 experience, if you kill EoC, you might have 1000/100 XP.

When this happens, if you kill any enemy, it will level you up as long as the number is above the required experience.
These bugs will be fixed up this weekend i screwed up and forgot

There still is a major bug in the mod,
You already know from the messages above that the bug exist but when you close Terraria, all experiences and levels are gone and you have to start from the beginning (level 0)
And I wanted to ask if you are already working on solving this issue or if you gave up.
A reply would be appreciated.

Yours sincerely
Niko

"To add a bit of difficulty, alternate methods of gaining health are disabled."
Is this turnable off (config file?)
By the way, the "going to level 0 when closing terraria" still a thing?

Sooo....it's 2020 now....the tmodloader mod browser shows there hasnt been any updates in 3 years. Any chance you're coming back to update and fix the bug? I really like the general concept of the mod, but the level reset bug really hurts it.

Bug aside, I do like the idea of health scaling with level ups instead of hunting for crystals, really adds to the RPG feeling when I ran this along with Bismuth.

Back
Top Bottom