Experimental Features - Texture Pack Support and World Seeds!

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Leinfors, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Rhoenicx

Rhoenicx Terrarian

I think i found a bug/glitch with the texturepack feature, i added an edited "Player_X_X.png" (X stands for a number) to the "texture pack.zip" and there is nothing changed when i open a world... (and yes i enabled useexperimentalfeatures)

I tested the feature with an "UI" folder (with edited files) inside the "Images" folder (like the normal Images folder), the images are not working.

2. Techdude594

Techdude594 Skeletron Prime

3. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Zilem and Techdude594 like this.
  4. K4US

K4US Terrarian

How do I find the template of an item to modify it? And how do I find the name to put in the image corresponding to it? I really really really change texture of "Rod of Discord"

5. Techdude594

Techdude594 Skeletron Prime

Is font support ever gonna be added to this feature? UI texture packs would greatly apreciated it.

6. Marcus101RR

Marcus101RR Master of Ravens

Wrong quote:

Just look through the item types in the wiki, ROD of Discord is 1326, look up the item image for that. It will be Item_1326.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    K4US likes this.
  7. Proto Persona

Proto Persona Spazmatism

I think you grabbed the wrong quote there ^_^

8. Marcus101RR

Marcus101RR Master of Ravens

I did in fact lol

9. Proxy

Proxy Spazmatism

nah. i mean why would i want the Files types at the end of the Name?
    that would just be pointless... since i see the Types like right next to it.
    [​IMG]
    also he Still said that you should Name it "Texture Pack.zip" not that it should be called "Texture Pack" as a ZIP-Achrive.
    but it works and i got my Sh*tty GUI textures In-Game xD
    [​IMG]
    and this is a thing
    [​IMG]

10. Zilem

Zilem Official Terrarian

All the altered textures i have is in 8bit-RGB: Armor, NPC's, Items, Tiles and all the Gore'y bits, all seem to be working fine :dryadtongue:
    obviously i have not tested every single altered textures, but so far i have not not ran into lone stranglers that didn't work
    aside whole sets such as Player_# and Acc_# that don't seem to load, and there might be more... :dryadrolleyes:
    and i gave your theory a try for the Player_#, but sadly that wasn't a magic trick... %:sigh:
    i mean when the Original and Modification next to each others are like this:
    [​IMG]
    it not being loaded really do show :dryadrolleyes:

it should be pretty easy to fix :dryadwink:
    the only time i have seen Pink textures are if the original Tile texture had new sprites added to it. which had increase it's image hight and/or width.
    and my altered was not yet update to reflect on this change.

I mentioned this a few days ago :dryadtongue:
    however i have not have any issue with (so far):
    Armor_#, Female_Armor_#, Extra_#, Ghost, Buff_#, Backpack_#, Mount_#, Wings_#
    Npc_#, Gore_#, Glow_#, Projectile_#
    Item_#, Chain#, Chains_#, Tiles_#, Lock_#, Logo_#

although i have not checked every single name-type of textures as i don't have
    Actuator
    AntlionBody
    Arm_Bone
    Background_#
    BeetleOrb
    Bone_Eyes
    Bone_Laser
    Bubble
    Chaos
    Chat
    Chat_Back
    Chat2
    ChestStack_#
    Clothes_#
    ClothesStyleBack
    Coin_#
    ColorBar
    ColorBlip
    ColorSlider
    Confuse
    CoolDown
    Crimson_Cactus
    Dest#
    DukeFishron
    Dust
    Evil_Cactus
    Eye_Laser
    Eye_Laser_Small
    Firefly
    FireflyJar
    FishingLine
    Flame_#
    FlameRing
    FlyingCarpet
    Frozen
    Gem_#
    GemChain_#
    GlowSnail
    GolemLights#
    Good_Cactus
    Grid
    HairStyleBack
    HealthBar#
    House_#
    House_Banner_1
    IceBarrier
    Inventory_Back
    Inventory_Tick_Off
    Inventory_Tick_On
    ItemFlame_#
    JackHat
    jellyfishBowl#
    Light_Disc
    LightningBug
    LightningBugJar
    Liquid_#
    MagicPixel
    Map_#
    MapBG#
    MiniMapButton_#
    MiniMapFrame#
    Moon_#
    Ninja
    Probe
    PumpkingArm
    PumpkingCloak
    PumpkingFace
    Rain
    Reaper_Eyes
    RecDown
    RecLeft
    RecRight
    RecUp
    Reforge
    Rudolph_#
    SantaTank
    Shroom_Tops
    SmartDig
    Spike_Base
    Star_#
    Sun_#
    SunAltar
    SunOrb
    Team
    Text_Back
    TileCracks
    Tree_Branches_#
    Tree_Tops_#
    TreeFace
    WallOfFlesh
    WaterCandle
    Waterfall_#
    Wires#
    WiresNew
    Wraith_Eyes
    Xmas_#
    XmasLight

You take the texture Item_1326.nxb, make a copy of it place it in a new folder and use this Tool: XNB Exprter
    Place it within the same folder as the texture, and launch it.
    you can either use it to convert a single file by placing "Item_1326" into the text line and press "go for it"
    (if there no text in the text line, it will make duplicate of every single .xnb file into folder in PNG format)

You can then edit this PNG file with Gimp or Paint.net
    and when finished place it into the "Texture Pack.zip" and within it's "Images" sub-folder and it will show up next time in Terraria :dryadwink:
    if you did edited your Terraria's config.json and sat: "UseExperimentalFeatures": true

(the config.json is located at: C:\Users\{Your Username}\Documents\My Games\Terraria)

I can understand you don't want file-extensions to show, but for me (and many others) not having it shown is very alienating.
    as i have it shown since windows 95, and not having it on for me, would be like missing my pinky as a Metalhead \,,/

and if you re-name a file with a known file extension, while it is hidden.
    renaming "Texture pack" to "Texture pack.zip" it would actually end up as "Texture pack.zip.zip" as the last .zip is still hidden :dryadconfused:

Edit: fixed image shown after first Quote %:sigh:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    SamTerarrium, K4US and Jeckel like this.
  11. K4US

K4US Terrarian

What do I need to find to change the visual effect when you use the "Rod Of Discord" item?

12. Proxy

Proxy Spazmatism

That's to Inefficent and Complex bruh.
    TExtract is easier....

K4US likes this.
  13. Zilem

Zilem Official Terrarian

Sorry something happened that i really had to take care of.

I was thinking if it could be the Dust texture, turns out it is. :dryadgrin:
    also turns out that Dust.png is not loaded by the Experimental texture pack feature.

I've surrounded the particle effect used by "Rod Of Discord" teleport effect, with Blue in the Attached file, for you. :dryadwink:

Attached Files:

K4US likes this.
  14. The New Terrarian

The New Terrarian Terrarian

I know you can create texture packs but how can I view the image files of the vanilla sprites ? I only know there in Steamapps/Commons/Terraria/Content/Images but I cannot view them

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  15. Jeckel

Jeckel Moderator Staff Member Moderator

16. Proxy

Proxy Spazmatism

we had the Link to TExtract like 3 times here already. xD

17. K4US

K4US Terrarian

[QUOTE = "Zilem, post: 1142351, membro: 6218"] Desculpe, aconteceu algo que eu realmente tinha que cuidar.

Eu estava pensando se poderia ser a textura Poeira, despeja ele é. : Dryadgrin:
    Também acontece que Dust.png não é carregado pelo recurso de pacote de textura Experimental.

Eu cercaram o efeito de partícula utilizada por "Rod da discórdia" efeito de teletransporte, com azul no arquivo em anexo, para você. : Dryadwink:[/ QUOTE]
    THANK YOU BRO <3

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  18. fadedphoto

fadedphoto Terrarian

what about mac? i dont know how to find those files

19. NolanSyKinsley

NolanSyKinsley Eye of Cthulhu

Under linux the config is in ~/.local/share/Terraria not $XDG_DATA_HOME/Terraria

20. JackFury

JackFury Terrarian

I got really excited when I found out you could finally get texture packs now with support, but when I navigated to my Terraria folder, I don't have the .zip file for textures. I have already enabled experimental features. Help! :sigh:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016