Experimental Features - Texture Pack Support and World Seeds!

Got a quick question for you guys! Since you guys are finally adding TP support to Terraria, will TP support come out of the box for ToW? That would be GREAT, and save many hours and headaches for texture pack creators for ToW!

Could we get a template texture pack with PNGs of each of the different kinds of textures, like a template for items, NPCs, etc. It would be very useful as I'm trying to make a texture pack but the only templates in the example are blocks and walls, so I can't texture enemies and etc. Thanks!

Could we get a template texture pack with PNGs of each of the different kinds of textures, like a template for items, NPCs, etc. It would be very useful as I'm trying to make a texture pack but the only templates in the example are blocks and walls, so I can't texture enemies and etc. Thanks!
Can't you just use the Originals are Template...
i mean yo usee them in-game so it shouldn't be hard to Fiqure out how the Sprite Files are made up.

Can't you just use the Originals are Template...
i mean yo usee them in-game so it shouldn't be hard to Fiqure out how the Sprite Files are made up.
I just ended up using TExtract, so I have everything I need anyway.

For me it doesn't work. I changed the value to true but I still see no world seeds or texture packs when I launch the game. I created a new world just in case after enabling experimental features on but still no seed button. Any chance Tmodloader messes it up?

EDIT: Yes it does. For anyone with that problem the config.json you need to change is is the ...\Documents\my games\Terraria\ModLoader on windows machines

For me it doesn't work. I changed the value to true but I still see no world seeds or texture packs when I launch the game. I created a new world just in case after enabling experimental features on but still no seed button. Any chance Tmodloader messes it up?

EDIT: Yes it does. For anyone with that problem the config.json you need to change is is the ...\Documents\my games\Terraria\ModLoader on windows machines

only IF you have TModloader Installed.
this is a vanilla Feature buddy.

I was testing if I could make better cursor and cursor border colour and I did it. Goodbye ugly cursor border.
cursor.png

And without texture pack I couldn't do or I couldn't try this:
index.php
(Djinn's curse)
(Again thank you)

This feature's amazing so far, but I am having one annoying problem...I've gotten other custom textures on armor pieces working, but any neck accessories (Neck_Acc_3, 5, 9 etc .png) won't show the edits-only their defaults. The files are definitely named correctly (according to the extracted sprite folder at the least), in the Images folder with the rest of the working textures, and are indexed too...no idea why only neck accessories won't work so far :s

Has anyone gotten these to work yet or have any ideas?

This feature's amazing so far, but I am having one annoying problem...I've gotten other custom textures on armor pieces working, but any neck accessories (Neck_Acc_3, 5, 9 etc .png) won't show the edits-only their defaults. The files are definitely named correctly (according to the extracted sprite folder at the least), in the Images folder with the rest of the working textures, and are indexed too...no idea why only neck accessories won't work so far :s

Has anyone gotten these to work yet or have any ideas?
I haven't played around with changing the sprites of accessories yet, apologies :/

Now, if you could add sound packs...
Technically Terraria's "Texturepacks" are actually "Resourcepacks".
A Texturepack is only able to change Textures, while a Resourcepack can Change Music, Textures and Texts. (not 100% sure about the last one, but it should be a Feature)

Technically Terraria's "Texturepacks" are actually "Resourcepacks".
A Texturepack is only able to change Textures, while a Resourcepack can Change Music, Textures and Texts. (not 100% sure about the last one, but it should be a Feature)
Found the pedant. Don't worry, I'm one too. ^_^

Let me say first that Expert mode doesn't have any unique impacts on the world gen (in the sense that Expert worlds aren't special or different in a way exclusive to Expert).

However, as a factor in Seed Generation, it will result in an entirely unique world from a Normal mode world.

Thus, an expert and a normal mode seed world will be different worlds entirely, but not in any exclusive way to expert/normal.

Back
Top Bottom