Experimental Features - Texture Pack Support and World Seeds!

It doesn't. However, Expert vs Normal is tied to the world file and set at world creation.

Thus two identical worlds - one normal, one expert - would have different seeds. The world gen would be the same, but the difficulty would me markedly different.

Does that help?

It doesn't. However, Expert vs Normal is tied to the world file and set at world creation.

Thus two identical worlds - one normal, one expert - would have different seeds. The world gen would be the same, but the difficulty would me markedly different.

Does that help?
Yeah, I think we're saying the same thing in different ways. The way you're describing things is the way I thought it worked. Glad to have some official confirmation.

It works! BTW: Do you, by any chance, know which files correspond to clothes? I'm not tryna make them invisible or anything ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Last edited:
I made a texturepack where i changed the player (player_x_x) but sadly you can not change these files with the texturepack support; you have to convert these edited files back to xnb and replace them inside the images folder...

I made a texturepack where i changed the player (player_x_x) but sadly you can not change these files with the texturepack support; you have to convert these edited files back to xnb and replace them inside the images folder...
Mmkay, so I either have to replace the original textures OR retexture an armor set instead? (And which PNG -> XMB converter should I use?)

Will there be mobile support in the future (I am dying to Refine mobile sprites.)
Seems unlikely, as that would require modifying core game files, which is prohibited by 505.

More info on that here.
Actually I see no reason they can't add mods to mobile. Unlike the PS4/XB1(which that post is specifically talking about) there are no rules by the platform holder that prevents users from changing the files on their device.

That said it would be a technical challenge, and probably require a lot more know how to enable than the average user can be bothered to learn.

Actually I see no reason they can't add mods to mobile. Unlike the PS4/XB1(which that post is specifically talking about) there are no rules by the platform holder that prevents users from changing the files on their device.

That said it would be a technical challenge, and probably require a lot more know how to enable than the average user can be bothered to learn.
There are two posts in the thread Kazzymodus linked. One pertains to consoles (which includes 3DS), the other pertains to mobile. These are the policies that we use in regard to discussing mobile/console modding on this forum (TCF).

The primary reason for the policy as it pertains to mobile is that the mobile platform has suffered a bit with stability. When the first mobile versions were released, a few people quickly posted some modifications, and other people began using them and then reporting problems with the modded versions. This was starting to become an issue as far as providing support, so this policy was put into place to help focus on the issues within the official versions.

Of course, what you do with your own device is your business, not ours. We only ask that you not use this forum (TCF) to promote/explain/boast about such modifications while these policies are in effect.

I think we'd all like to see a point in the development where at least some of the freedoms enjoyed by the PC versions are available to console/mobile players, even if it's as small as being able to share worlds or seeds. We're just not at that point now.

I don't want to get too far off the main thread topic - if you have questions about the modding policies, you can always PM me or any staff member about them.

Also a reminder from the opening post that these features are still experimental, may be risky to your data (worlds/players), and potentially may not be available in later versions.

There are two posts in the thread Kazzymodus linked. One pertains to consoles (which includes 3DS), the other pertains to mobile. These are the policies that we use in regard to discussing mobile/console modding on this forum (TCF).

The primary reason for the policy as it pertains to mobile is that the mobile platform has suffered a bit with stability. When the first mobile versions were released, a few people quickly posted some modifications, and other people began using them and then reporting problems with the modded versions. This was starting to become an issue as far as providing support, so this policy was put into place to help focus on the issues within the official versions.

Of course, what you do with your own device is your business, not ours. We only ask that you not use this forum (TCF) to promote/explain/boast about such modifications while these policies are in effect.

I think we'd all like to see a point in the development where at least some of the freedoms enjoyed by the PC versions are available to console/mobile players, even if it's as small as being able to share worlds or seeds. We're just not at that point now.

I don't want to get too far off the main thread topic - if you have questions about the modding policies, you can always PM me or any staff member about them.

Also a reminder from the opening post that these features are still experimental, may be risky to your data (worlds/players), and potentially may not be available in later versions.
That is unfortunate. Hopefully in the future texture packs may be compatible with mobile/console version. Right now, there are hundreds of thousands of sprites that I am not even close to finishing.

Hey guys, I have something to share with you guys, it is how to make texture packs easier to develop for people who are making full game texture packs. It is regarding slopes ( and half blocks, to some extent) Check it out here, PLEASE consider this, it is very important to many of us in the texture pack community, and also quite easy to implement. https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...n-for-texture-packs-1-3-5.54766/#post-1210237

EDIT: I also have a minor suggestion that is some-what related to the previous suggestion: https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...addition-to-building-in-terraria-1-3-5.54771/

Last edited:
Alright, so I use tmodloader, I have enabled experimental features in both terraria's config and the one that tmodloader grants you in the settings menu, I've put the Texture Pack.Zip into the My Games/Terraria folder, I load up the game and nothing has changed I've seen other people say that it works with tmodloader so I must be doing something wrong.
For reference I'm using Brutallamas texture pack
Also:
Yelol.PNG

Back
Top Bottom