Experimental Features - Texture Pack Support and World Seeds!

How do I find the template of an item to modify it? And how do I find the name to put in the image corresponding to it? I really really really change texture of "Rod of Discord"

Please don't use this thread to advertise your project. You already have a banner/link in your signature, which is ample. Thanks.

Wrong quote:

How do I find the template of an item to modify it? And how do I find the name to put in the image corresponding to it? I really really really change texture of "Rod of Discord"

Just look through the item types in the wiki, ROD of Discord is 1326, look up the item image for that. It will be Item_1326.

Last edited:
You have put files into the .Zip archive?

The altered textures within the example file, that was provided is "Wood Block" and "Wood wall"
So basically chop down a tree and place some wood blocks, if they are "Blue" then it does work.:dryadwink:

That is because file-extensions to you is "Hidden" since .zip a know file-extension as Windows comes with a plug-in to use .zip files.
some of us prefers to have know file-extensions shown regardless, as it allows us to quicker recognize the file formats of files within a folder :dryadcool:
and we often do forgot it Hidden by default is, as it likely one of the first things we toggle to show on systems we use :dryadrolleyes:
(also if you look under "Type" in your folder window you will see "Zip-Komprimirete..." telling you it's a "Zip-archive")

nah. i mean why would i want the Files types at the end of the Name?
that would just be pointless... since i see the Types like right next to it.
995caf90be2a5dc8a86ff6c8be48dda9.png

also he Still said that you should Name it "Texture Pack.zip" not that it should be called "Texture Pack" as a ZIP-Achrive.
but it works and i got my Sh*tty GUI textures In-Game xD
1bedd9215756adf585d1f9e01df933a8.png

and this is a thing
4031ee4f73f764ad6575bd82fbf89daa.png

For those having trouble with getting texture to work, please make sure your images are Indexed with Transparency.
All the altered textures i have is in 8bit-RGB: Armor, NPC's, Items, Tiles and all the Gore'y bits, all seem to be working fine :dryadtongue:
obviously i have not tested every single altered textures, but so far i have not not ran into lone stranglers that didn't work
aside whole sets such as Player_# and Acc_# that don't seem to load, and there might be more... :dryadrolleyes:
and i gave your theory a try for the Player_#, but sadly that wasn't a magic trick... %:sigh:
i mean when the Original and Modification next to each others are like this:
Original_VS_Slim_Px2.png

it not being loaded really do show :dryadrolleyes:

I'm not editing it.
Though I did work it out, I had the folder as images instead of Images, but regardless that it worked.
Tons of the images where broken or just showed up as pink boxes.
But at least I figured out my error, now it's a wait on fixing that texture pack[if someone does fix it] or find another one.
it should be pretty easy to fix :dryadwink:
the only time i have seen Pink textures are if the original Tile texture had new sprites added to it. which had increase it's image hight and/or width.
and my altered was not yet update to reflect on this change.

I think i found a bug/glitch with the texturepack feature, i added an edited "Player_X_X.png" (X stands for a number) to the "texture pack.zip" and there is nothing changed when i open a world... (and yes i enabled useexperimentalfeatures)
I mentioned this a few days ago :dryadtongue:
however i have not have any issue with (so far):
Armor_#, Female_Armor_#, Extra_#, Ghost, Buff_#, Backpack_#, Mount_#, Wings_#
Npc_#, Gore_#, Glow_#, Projectile_#
Item_#, Chain#, Chains_#, Tiles_#, Lock_#, Logo_#

although i have not checked every single name-type of textures as i don't have
Actuator
AntlionBody
Arm_Bone
Background_#
BeetleOrb
Bone_Eyes
Bone_Laser
Bubble
Chaos
Chat
Chat_Back
Chat2
ChestStack_#
Clothes_#
ClothesStyleBack
Coin_#
ColorBar
ColorBlip
ColorSlider
Confuse
CoolDown
Crimson_Cactus
Dest#
DukeFishron
Dust
Evil_Cactus
Eye_Laser
Eye_Laser_Small
Firefly
FireflyJar
FishingLine
Flame_#
FlameRing
FlyingCarpet
Frozen
Gem_#
GemChain_#
GlowSnail
GolemLights#
Good_Cactus
Grid
HairStyleBack
HealthBar#
House_#
House_Banner_1
IceBarrier
Inventory_Back
Inventory_Tick_Off
Inventory_Tick_On
ItemFlame_#
JackHat
jellyfishBowl#
Light_Disc
LightningBug
LightningBugJar
Liquid_#
MagicPixel
Map_#
MapBG#
MiniMapButton_#
MiniMapFrame#
Moon_#
Ninja
Probe
PumpkingArm
PumpkingCloak
PumpkingFace
Rain
Reaper_Eyes
RecDown
RecLeft
RecRight
RecUp
Reforge
Rudolph_#
SantaTank
Shroom_Tops
SmartDig
Spike_Base
Star_#
Sun_#
SunAltar
SunOrb
Team
Text_Back
TileCracks
Tree_Branches_#
Tree_Tops_#
TreeFace
WallOfFlesh
WaterCandle
Waterfall_#
Wires#
WiresNew
Wraith_Eyes
Xmas_#
XmasLight

You take the texture Item_1326.nxb, make a copy of it place it in a new folder and use this Tool: XNB Exprter
Place it within the same folder as the texture, and launch it.
you can either use it to convert a single file by placing "Item_1326" into the text line and press "go for it"
(if there no text in the text line, it will make duplicate of every single .xnb file into folder in PNG format)

You can then edit this PNG file with Gimp or Paint.net
and when finished place it into the "Texture Pack.zip" and within it's "Images" sub-folder and it will show up next time in Terraria :dryadwink:
if you did edited your Terraria's config.json and sat: "UseExperimentalFeatures": true

(the config.json is located at: C:\Users\{Your Username}\Documents\My Games\Terraria)

nah. i mean why would i want the Files types at the end of the Name?
that would just be pointless... since i see the Types like right next to it.
995caf90be2a5dc8a86ff6c8be48dda9.png

also he Still said that you should Name it "Texture Pack.zip" not that it should be called "Texture Pack" as a ZIP-Achrive.
but it works and i got my Sh*tty GUI textures In-Game xD
I can understand you don't want file-extensions to show, but for me (and many others) not having it shown is very alienating.
as i have it shown since windows 95, and not having it on for me, would be like missing my pinky as a Metalhead \,,/

and if you re-name a file with a known file extension, while it is hidden.
renaming "Texture pack" to "Texture pack.zip" it would actually end up as "Texture pack.zip.zip" as the last .zip is still hidden :dryadconfused:

Edit: fixed image shown after first Quote %:sigh:

Last edited:
You take the texture Item_1326.nxb, make a copy of it place it in a new folder and use this Tool: XNB Exprter
Place it within the same folder as the texture, and launch it.
you can either use it to convert a single file by placing "Item_1326" into the text line and press "go for it"
(if there no text in the text line, it will make duplicate of every single .xnb file into folder in PNG format)

You can then edit this PNG file with Gimp or Paint.net
and when finished place it into the "Texture Pack.zip" and within it's "Images" sub-folder and it will show up next time in Terraria :dryadwink:
if you did edited your Terraria's config.json and sat: "UseExperimentalFeatures": true

(the config.json is located at: C:\Users\{Your Username}\Documents\My Games\Terraria)

That's to Inefficent and Complex bruh.
TExtract is easier....

What do I need to find to change the visual effect when you use the "Rod Of Discord" item?
Sorry something happened that i really had to take care of.

I was thinking if it could be the Dust texture, turns out it is. :dryadgrin:
also turns out that Dust.png is not loaded by the Experimental texture pack feature.

I've surrounded the particle effect used by "Rod Of Discord" teleport effect, with Blue in the Attached file, for you. :dryadwink:

Attachments

• Dust.png
    Dust.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 271
I know you can create texture packs but how can I view the image files of the vanilla sprites ? I only know there in Steamapps/Commons/Terraria/Content/Images but I cannot view them

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Zilem, post: 1142351, membro: 6218"] Desculpe, aconteceu algo que eu realmente tinha que cuidar.

Eu estava pensando se poderia ser a textura Poeira, despeja ele é. : Dryadgrin:
Também acontece que Dust.png não é carregado pelo recurso de pacote de textura Experimental.

Eu cercaram o efeito de partícula utilizada por "Rod da discórdia" efeito de teletransporte, com azul no arquivo em anexo, para você. : Dryadwink:[/ QUOTE]
THANK YOU BRO <3

Last edited:
I got really excited when I found out you could finally get texture packs now with support, but when I navigated to my Terraria folder, I don't have the .zip file for textures. I have already enabled experimental features. Help! :sigh:

Attachments

• Libraries.PNG
    Libraries.PNG
    35.1 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
I got really excited when I found out you could finally get texture packs now with support, but when I navigated to my Terraria folder, I don't have the .zip file for textures. I have already enabled experimental features. Help! :sigh:
you do realize that you need to make that File on your own...
i mean the first Post says Exactly how to name things and what to put in what Folder...
just, just... read it, and follow the Instructions

Back
Top Bottom