Expert 2.0?

DJFlare84

Mechanic
Oof, is it just me or does it feel like Expert Mode got... harder than before?

I've always played Summoner so being squishy isn't new to me but holy sh*t, man...

Before Journey's End me and my gunner buddy could reasonably take on any boss with the gear we are meant to have when we face them. Now it seems like even if we have gear two tiers above, these guys can still shred you to pieces!

Be honest am I just rusty?

Many weapons got rebalanced this update and a few bosses actually did get adjustments to make them more difficult.

For the most part, weapons have gotten stronger or reworked. A few weapons did get nerfed such as the Daedalous Stormbow but are still viable.

Golem for example gets faster and more dangerous with more players, skeleton prime in expert gets faster spinning similar to his pre hardmode counterpart.

Those could be factors, but statwise enemies in expert mode haven't changed. Regular enemies still do x2 damage and have x2 HP compared to normal mode same as before.

Many weapons got rebalanced this update and a few bosses actually did get adjustments to make them more difficult.

For the most part, weapons have gotten stronger or reworked. A few weapons did get nerfed such as the Daedalous Stormbow but are still viable.

Golem for example gets faster and more dangerous with more players, skeleton prime in expert gets faster spinning similar to his pre hardmode counterpart.

Those could be factors, but statwise enemies in expert mode haven't changed. Regular enemies still do x2 damage and have x2 HP compared to normal mode same as before.
It's mostly the bosses that are pissing me off. Well... them and Dune Splicers, if only because of that uncommon occasion when they'll spawn one after another while you're trying to do WORK in the desert...

I was sure they were doing more damage than before, but if not I guess I'm just getting hit more. They do seem a bit more... inescapable than usual...

Back
Top Bottom