Weapons & Equip Expert Mode Dungeon Guardian Drop

Is this a good suggestion?

• Yes, but I think it should be changed a bit(state why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OnTarasMind

Empress of Light
Recently, I decided to try and fight the Dungeon Guardian on expert mode. I noticed that it had twice as much health and increased speed, so the fight was a little more intense. I wasn't really expecting there to be an expert mode drop, but honestly, I feel like the Dungeon Guardian does deserve an expert mode drop, which is why I present to you - The Guardian's Femur and the Funny Bone

1930ftF.png

Enlarged for better view​

GGH01YR.png

Actual item size
I've more or less thought of this as an upgraded Worm Scarf, in which it would increase it's damage reduction by 15% to 25% (19% to 21% damage decrease). The reason I feel like this would be a good Dungeon Guardian drop is because of how high it's defense is. It would only make sense that if it dropped an Expert Mode item, it would drop something that's like the Worm Scarf, but better.

Now for the Funny Bone

9hO9q1E.png

0PwDN81.png

The Funny Bone is meant to be more of a comical item than an actual item, like the Water Gun. I don't really have any idea what it could do, so feel free to suggest what you think it should do.

Current suggestion - Make it a weapon that deals one damage normally and two damage with a critical strike.

Before you ask, no, I don't think the Dungeon Guardian should drop both. Either one or the other should be implemented.(Probably the Funny Bone).

Anyway, feel free to tell me what you think of this suggestion.

Partial credit to @Virtuous Wanderer for the damage reduction suggestion.

Pixel art was made by me.

Last edited:
I do not believe that the dungeon guardian should get an expert mode bag. It is a beef gate, not a boss. It is simply a different way of preventing entry.

Also that item is so powerful I found it humorous. Terrible attempt at a pun aside my point still stands, it is a very powerful item.

Thanks for the honest feedback. I realize that it's not the best suggestion, but hey, maybe some people might like it.

Thanks for the honest feedback. I realize that it's not the best suggestion, but hey, maybe some people might like it.
What I would suggest as an item would make it so no dungeon enemies attack you unless you attack first, but then again I have lost my skill in suggestions. Or maybe an item that can occasionally stop a killing blow? Been playing too much borderlands 2, I like the grit skill

Edit: Also thank you for taking feedback so well.

What I would suggest as an item would make it so no dungeon enemies attack you unless you attack first, but then again I have lost my skill in suggestions. Or maybe an item that can occasionally stop a killing blow? Been playing too much borderlands 2, I like the grit skill

I'm actually working on an alternate item(Called the "Funny Bone"). I'm still trying to figure out what it would do, but I have a feeling that it would be a lot more accepted than the Guardian Femur.

As @crackshotCerberus said, the Guardian is a gateway. There wasn't really a need to even give him the Bone Key in 1_2. One of the sole purposes of the Guardian is for him to Guard, not be defeated. In my opinion, we're lucky we even got the bone key, which is simply for bragging rights (Which is what it should be).

Basically, I'm thinking it should be purely cosmetic. The bone in it's current state would allow the player to reach 100% damage reduction... So, in other words, invincibility (The current max is 71.4% reduced damage [Including Beetle set, which is multiplicative rather than additive], which is already insane enough as it is). I'm thinking more along the lines of a vanity set (Guardian Head, Shirt, Pants), which make the character look like a skeleton (Transparency in-between ribs, etc).

If it would be a functional item, It should be something that doesn't directly help in terms of gameplay, such as Target Dummies, the Water Gun, etc... Perhaps a boomerang that insta-kills your Town NPC's? Not sure why somebody would use it, but it's a gag item (Probably not the best idea, as it would break servers with NPCs :p).

I'm actually working on an alternate item(Called the "Funny Bone"). I'm still trying to figure out what it would do, but I have a feeling that it would be a lot more accepted than the Guardian Femur.
I think I found a way for that damage reduction to be as you stated in your first post (or at least something close) Maybe it could have a chance to trigger the effect for a certain amount of time when struck. The damage reduction is based off of how much damage it would do as compared to your maximum health? Either that or have it have a lesser bonus that increases in power the lower your health is?

I think I found a way for that damage reduction to be as you stated in your first post (or at least something close) Maybe it could have a chance to trigger the effect for a certain amount of time when struck. The damage reduction is based off of how much damage it would do as compared to your maximum health? Either that or have it have a lesser bonus that increases in power the lower your health is?

Well, I added the Funny Bone to the post, along with a change to the damage reduction of the Guardian's Femur, so there's more to go off of now.

Funny Bone could grant lifesteal when the player is at full health

ha ha ha

Seriously, though, maybe if it were cosmetic, it could just make it so gore particles from Angry Bones and other skeleton-type enemies are replaced with bits of strawberry shortcake.

Funny Bone could grant lifesteal when the player is at full health

ha ha ha

Seriously, though, maybe if it were cosmetic, it could just make it so gore particles from Angry Bones and other skeleton-type enemies are replaced with bits of strawberry shortcake.
That's ridiculous. And that's me saying that

I don't know about this. The dungeon guardian was never meant to be a boss and the only reason it drops something in the first place because Ymir or someone actually managed to kill it XD They made it drop a pet because i had to drop at least something that wouldn't be an OP item.

make the funny bone deal 1 damage, be a shortsword and inflict the "crits" debuff upon hitting an enemy, the debuff will make all it's attacks 100% crit, however it also takes 100% crit.

As far as I know, Dungeon Guardian doesn't count as a boss, he has no message upon spawning "xxx has awoken" and is not actually meant to be killed. I think that the Bone Key was added to give a nod for player who actually try to beat him, after Re-Logic saw people like Yrimir beating him. Honestly, there could be added another item ( which would be a bit too much anyways ), but I rather think of it as a vanity one or something that doesn't give too big stats, because apparently - reaching around 100% reduction would render you unkillable. I don't say no, just tweak that item a bit.

EDIT

Edited a word... or 2.

How about having the Femur grant the DG's defence but not allow using items or moving? As some sort of ultimate AFK accessory after you spent half an hour of your life firing at that spinning :red: nonstop.

This way, it feels a tad more original to me.

Last edited:
In order for this to work it would have be an item that you put in hotbar similiarly to Umbrella.

EDIT

Funny bone seems to be a good idea. A weapon deals only one damage.
Yeah, this is a pretty good idea, It would be a good reference and a joke in the same time.

I had an idea before, though it might be too much work for the devs to consider making it... But what if in expert mode, the dungeon guardian was made to act as a secret true final boss, one that isn't a part of progression in the game and exists only for the thrill of fighting it?

Back
Top Bottom