Game Mechanics Expert mode: Remove lava slimes turning into lava upon death

Should this mechanic be removed?

• YaYaYa!!

• NuNuNu!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Trifost Razomie

Terrarian
Now, the point of expert mode is to make the game more challenging. The more challenging, the more fun it can be. But my only pet peeve with this, is the mechanic where lava slimes turn into a small block of lava upon death. There's a very thin line between challenging, and annoying you see. When a lava slime turns into a small pool of lava, this problem can be most prominent in pre-hardmode, because you're probably building your hell bridge to fight the wall of flesh. BUT!! the lava can do these:

If your bridge is wooden or most platforms:
It will damage it, sure the damage is small, but it's a waste of wood, especially if tons of lava slimes keep coming all the time, and they will spawn on the bridge also when it gets long enough

If your bridge is a solid block (usually using ash or ice blocks):
It will spread to make a very long thin pool of lava, as if your bridge is a massive mob/PLAYER trap. And yea the lava will disappear. But when 2 slimes die nearby, it will make a pool that will either take too long to disappear, or it won't disappear at all. And if you take your time building this hell bridge, I bet a good percentage of your deaths, will be from these annoying lava slimes dying, and turning into lava. I've been playing for almost 2 years now, but this mechanic is the first, and only one to make me want to complain about in a forum....wait...huh?

But you get my point, comment down below your feelings on this if you either find this challenging and should be kept, or annoying and removed from the game. Thank you =D

It's not all that hard if you know how to solve it yourself.
Just make the bridge out of platforms or make som gaps on the bridge so the lava can flow through. Just a little different take to handle things can't hurt it too much.
Eventually, you can also just wear the Royal Gel so you can ignore the lava slimes completely, it's really worth the accessoire slot.

I personally like it that the lava slimes spawns lava, making you sure you should be careful when you're going to kill them, just like the voodoo doll.

It's not all that hard if you know how to solve it yourself.
Just make the bridge out of platforms or make som gaps on the bridge so the lava can flow through. Just a little different take to handle things can't hurt it too much.
Eventually, you can also just wear the Royal Gel so you can ignore the lava slimes completely, it's really worth the accessoire slot.

I personally like it that the lava slimes spawns lava, making you sure you should be careful when you're going to kill them, just like the voodoo doll.

I built my hell bridge with ash blocks so that the Wall of Flesh will thing that the bridge is the bottom of hell... idk how it works tbh, but that's what I heard. And I think it's effective enough. So if I make a couple of holes, will that effect with the wall of flesh still be in effect?

I built my hell bridge with ash blocks so that the Wall of Flesh will thing that the bridge is the bottom of hell... idk how it works tbh, but that's what I heard. And I think it's effective enough. So if I make a couple of holes, will that effect with the wall of flesh still be in effect?
I've never build a bridge untill the side of the world. And I always started at the edge of the bridge (but not the edge of the map) to summon the WoF. That way it won't see the bridge as the 'bottom'.

And yes, as long as the holes are only 1 blick thick, large enough to flow the lava away and small enough to walk/run over them.

You can make obsidian platforms, which the lava can fall through and these platforms are not destroyed.
I still voted yes though. It annoys me that slime lava can end up in one of the underworld houses, burning up furniture. :p

I hate how lava slimes spawn lava as well. Not only the usual dangers of lava that you mentioned, but also how you cannot get rid of it except by converting it into obsidian / crispy honey. Which means that theoretically, eventually, hell will fill up with lava so long as the slimes keep spawning. :mad: More practically, it means I have to rush to make a tunnel to the bottom of hell (how I usually mine hellstone; clear out the absolute bottom of the map so all the lava drains there and I won't have to touch it) before the lava slimes fill the bottom of obsidian houses with lava.

As the counter, I put one-block thick holes in my hell bridges (which are usually made of dirt or ash since they're plentiful and can be mined easily) to drain the lava. It doesn't have to look nice; I just run along the bridge while swinging my pick at it. The downside to this is that sometimes coins fall through the gaps. And you still have to wait for the lava to disperse anyways which can matter when fighting enemies / WoF.

Overall, I got used to it though. I'm okay if nothing changes, but I don't mind it being removed either.

I hate how lava slimes spawn lava as well. Not only the usual dangers of lava that you mentioned, but also how you cannot get rid of it except by converting it into obsidian / crispy honey. Which means that theoretically, eventually, hell will fill up with lava so long as the slimes keep spawning. :mad: More practically, it means I have to rush to make a tunnel to the bottom of hell (how I usually mine hellstone; clear out the absolute bottom of the map so all the lava drains there and I won't have to touch it) before the lava slimes fill the bottom of obsidian houses with lava.

As the counter, I put one-block thick holes in my hell bridges (which are usually made of dirt or ash since they're plentiful and can be mined easily) to drain the lava. It doesn't have to look nice; I just run along the bridge while swinging my pick at it. The downside to this is that sometimes coins fall through the gaps. And you still have to wait for the lava to disperse anyways which can matter when fighting enemies / WoF.

Overall, I got used to it though. I'm okay if nothing changes, but I don't mind it being removed either.
thanks for the feedback, but it'll be awesome if they made the lava it spawns a special slimey lava that spreads out only a few blocks, then despawns itself. So instead of the lava slime's last retaliation an annoying lava bucket to the forehead, it'll be like a last resort attack that's an actual attack and not a cheap move

Back
Top Bottom