Expert Mode... Skeletron...

NickOfferman

Skeletron Prime
So I have the molten armor and I've been trying to beet it so many times with the molten bow and hellfire arrows but it just doesn't work. I mostly came here to post this for any weapon suggestions I should use for the skeletron.

I beat him on the first try! I used:

Armor: Full Molten Armor Set
Potions: Ironskin, Regeneration, Pad Thai, Endurance Potion, Regen (Campfire), Regen (Heart Lantern)
Weapons: The Bee's Knees
Accessories: Lightning Boots, Eye of Cthulhu Shield, Hive Pack (2 others that I cant remember)

He is really though. With this gear I got him down pretty fast since the Bee's Knees shoot bees that follow and with the hive pack the bees do more damage. The lowest health I ever got to was around 5. But that was only because I got in his head-spinning attack. Just make sure he doesn't hit you with his head spinny attack or else you will be stuck and he will keep hitting you continuously. Also after you destroy 1 (One) of his arms he stars shooting skulls at you so dodge those carefully. It may help to take out both arms so that the only thing he can attack you with is the skulls that he shoots and his head. Also Make Sure to USE the dash on the Eye Of Cthulhu shield. It helps you doge his hands and head attacks wayyyyyy easier!

Hope I helped! If you have anymore questions just ask me! ;) :)

Use frostburn arrows or The Bee's Knees, they're both effective against him. Also equip a Shield Of Cthulhu and some boots (Spectre/Lightning Boots) for extra speed. The dashing ability will help a lot.

If you have still problems with him, I really suggest to craft a Star Cannon and farm for stars. This weapon makes the battle a piece of cake, since the stars deal ~54 damage, which is very high for a pre-HM weapon.

I'm thinking about using of beenades, since they're actually eating the WoF. Also, skeletron has more health than WoF and far more diffucult. So if you can pass some dungeon items early on HM you can try skeletron with a hardmode armor.(Don't recommend really but if you can't anyway it's the only option, also the 6th accesory slot and flesh knucles(crimson) will really help)

Might also help to have a good arena set up. This is the one I made for Skeletron when I played expert mode:
2016-01-23_00011.jpg
The platforms are good for mobility of course, but the most important parts are those walls I built on either side, which I used as shielding from those flaming skulls. With this arena, all you need to do is attack with a yo-yo (something like the Code 1 or the Amazon) when he's shooting the skulls, and while he's spinning attack with some other ranged weapon. Your Molten Bow should do just fine in this case.

Back
Top Bottom