Expert Mode Ultimate AFK Arena for Pumpkin Moon + Frost Moon + All Invasions + Bosses

The goblin/pirate/martian invasions can be triggered by teleporting in the NPC. You don't have to go back to home base.

I've always wandered about this; does this apply for console as well? Every time I get an invasion warning I have to go to the centre of the map, do I just need 1 NPC near me for them to attack me whereever I am?

@DicemanX Do you know how rare the Brain Scrambler/Scutlix mount is? i mean imust have farmed the martian madness 50+ times. and i cant seem to get it. haha. is it still available as a drop?

My very late reply: yes, it's available as a drop, but you'd have to wait for a long time before getting it.

Then I've finished!! Thanks again.
If you are gonna use this pre-1.3 think you could take screenshots? I'd like to see how you are going to deal damege.

@DicemanX
After watching the vid, this is my next project on Xbox one. I'm HOPING to find a semi decent way of dealing the damage that's not overly complicated as we lack the dragon.

Any thing you can think of would be appreciated!

@DicemanX You link the download at the bottom of your post (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4b_4cIU1vVBZGF6bC1NMno5OFU/view) but when i download it and put it in the terraria world folder it wont appear on the world selection. Am i doing something wrong as i have been able to get a world builder to replace my items when i lost them but i followed the same steps and it wont work. Help??

Hmm, I downloaded the map just now and placed it in my worlds folder, and it worked fine so the world file itself is OK. Since you did this successfully with another map previously, I'm not sure why you're not getting this map to come up in-game. Maybe the download got corrupted - try downloading again. In fact, here's the most recent download link (version 12.9):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4b_4cIU1vVBUUVYcUFhQVFiaFU

Also, are you on mac or PC? Are you playing on version 1.3.0.8?

@DicemanX im on pc and have the current version
[DOUBLEPOST=1452961326,1452960935][/DOUBLEPOST]@DicemanX It still does no work but this is what i do

Go on to the download page and download it
It then pops up in the bottom of the page and i go on show in folder and then drag it into my terraria worlds folder located by Documents/Games/MyGames/Terraria/Worlds
Then i close the folders and start up terraria click on single player then my character and it does not show up on worlds

What am i doing wrong?

Do you see other world files in that worlds folder? If you do a global search for "worlds" on your hard drive, does only 1 folder come up in the search? Have you tried this with other maps recently (such as that all items map), and if not, are you able to download any other map right now and get it to show up in-game? Also, what size is the v12.9 map you downloaded?

Your protocol looks fine, so I'm not sure what's going on. Many players have installed the map without trouble so at least we know it's not a problem with the map itself, unless the download is somehow getting corrupted.

@DicemanX This is my world folder i dont know what i have done wrong to it, it might be because they are internet folders for some reason
upload_2016-1-16_16-36-50.png

Yours are the top ones so those are the file sizes

This is what files contain world in
upload_2016-1-16_16-41-39.png

Thanks for your help but it seems as it is something i have done wrong to make it not appear

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-16_16-36-4.png
    upload_2016-1-16_16-36-4.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 285
  • upload_2016-1-16_16-36-40.png
    upload_2016-1-16_16-36-40.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 242
Hmm, your search brought up two folders, one in <name>\Documents\Games\My Games\Terraria and the other in <name>\Documents\My Games\Terraria (the steam one shouldn't have any world data). In your first pic you're showing the world files in the former location, but what's in the world folder in the latter location? Any idea why you have two separate terraria folders? Did you install Terraria multiple times in the past? In any case, try putting the world files in the latter location and see if that works.

Incidentally, the terraria folder on my drive is located in <name>\Documents\My Games\Terraria.

Side note: the fact that the files are associated with IE shouldn't matter.

Last edited:
@DicemanX It worked i put it in 3 different file locations and one of them worked, thank you very much. It had to go through a load of security firewall to except it but it worked but my builder worked in the original file so i dont know what i did wrong
Thank You very much

I tried building this on the console but I'm running into an issue with the hoik/teleporter loop for invulnerability. I built it to the exact height of the one in the schematic but I'm taking a lot more then 1 damage on each loop (tried different armor amounts from 25-75 armor with no change in damage taken).

I tried building this on the console but I'm running into an issue with the hoik/teleporter loop for invulnerability. I built it to the exact height of the one in the schematic but I'm taking a lot more then 1 damage on each loop (tried different armor amounts from 25-75 armor with no change in damage taken).

It could be that the console version does not allow you to mitigate fall damage with defense?

Then the fall damage calculation must be different as well since each loop takes 1/3 of my health away.

A third of your life from a fall distance of 26 tiles? So you take over 100 damage each time you go through a loop? That surely cannot be right - it sounds like a console bug then. The devs would never intend for you to take lethal damage in pre-hardmode for falling through such a short distance, since that is unreasonably punishing.

Which console are you on? I'll see if I can get other console users to try this out and see if they take massive damage as well.

xbox360. I tried building a 26 tall column and jumping from it, damage was only 1 like it should be. The high damage is coming from the hoik which is the same height.

xbox360. I tried building a 26 tall column and jumping from it, damage was only 1 like it should be. The high damage is coming from the hoik which is the same height.

I see, that's interesting. On PC the player sustains the same fall damage regardless of how fast the player rushes towards the ground. Perhaps on console the falling speed matters? In any case, it looks like this approach is not viable on the xbox360 at least. No matter, the slime invincibility approach is still good, since console doesn't have the Stardust Dragon yet.

I see, that's interesting. On PC the player sustains the same fall damage regardless of how fast the player rushes towards the ground. Perhaps on console the falling speed matters? In any case, it looks like this approach is not viable on the xbox360 at least. No matter, the slime invincibility approach is still good, since console doesn't have the Stardust Dragon yet.

Could it be that the console makes you take 1 hit per hoik block?

Played around with this some more. If I hammer the block you're using to hold the honey into a half-block then I don't take the massive damage but I also don't get invulnerability. Of course console might not have the same invulnerability sources as PC.

Played around with this some more. If I hammer the block you're using to hold the honey into a half-block then I don't take the massive damage but I also don't get invulnerability. Of course console might not have the same invulnerability sources as PC.
If anybody got the fall dmg machine working on console please post a pic of the set up. My brain is melting trying to set the hoik up.
The way it is in @DicemanX's pic gets me stuck in the top of the down hoik. A slight adjust and it works, but i have to hold left on the stick.

Something else i noted is the screen goes black on XBOX ONE during teleporting making it impossible to see whats going on.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SOLIDUS 316/video/19547837

Please help!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom