Game Mechanics Expert Mode Wiring!

SpiritInfinity

Skeletron Prime
This is a bunch of ideas I have for special wiring, but they will only be available in expert mode.

Wireless Transmitter - Sold by Cyborg in expert mode - Sends Wireless Signals to Wireless Receivers with the same Numeral (Furniture Item). When right clicked will open a GUI which will allow you to give it a number. Wireless Receivers with the same number will receive the signal. Cannot have the same number as another Wireless Transmitter. Will change to lowest available number when placed.

Wireless Receiver - Sold by Cyborg in expert mode - Receives Wireless Signals sent from Wireless Transmitters with the same Numeral (Furniture Item). When right clicked will open a GUI which will allow you to give it a number. Signals from Wireless Transmitters with the same number will create a signal on a connected wire. Cannot have the same number as another Wireless Receiver. Will go to lowest available number when placed.

Wireless Teleporter - Crafted with Teleporter, Wireless Receiver, Wireless Transmitter & Duct Tape - Works in same numeral way as Wireless Transmitters and Receivers. When stepped on teleports the player (players only) to another Wireless Teleporter with the same numeral.

Duct Tape - Found in Mechanical Bosses Treasure Bags (20-30 in each) - Crafting Material.

Temple Traps can be found in the Golem Treasure Bag (around 20-30 of each)

Motion Detector - Crafted With Duct Tape & 10 Martian Conduit Plating - If a player or mob is within six blocks sends a signal along any wires connected. Still works when actuated.

I might update this is I have any more ideas but if you have any post a comment, I will add it to the post.
Please leave some feedback on what you thought on this and any changes that may need to be made :D

It seems a little exaggerated that the duct tape drops from bosses, they should be purchased instead from the tinkerer. Also it being expert only is weird, most people would make an expert mode world just for the items which would get moved to the normal world immediately.

It seems a little exaggerated that the duct tape drops from bosses, they should be purchased instead from the tinkerer. Also it being expert only is weird, most people would make an expert mode world just for the items which would get moved to the normal world immediately.
I'm just trying to make more stuff that is expert only :) I mean anything exclusive to expert will be moved to a normal world.

I'm just trying to make more stuff that is expert only :) I mean anything exclusive to expert will be moved to a normal world.
Yeah but why is this expert only? It'd be ok if it was an accessory or a weapon but wiring mechanisms? That would reach its full potential on normal mode, I don't think it would work in expert.

Yeah but why is this expert only? It'd be ok if it was an accessory or a weapon but wiring mechanisms? That would reach its full potential on normal mode, I don't think it would work in expert.
Well I do think having wireless teleporters would be a really big feature that would draw more to play expert mode.

Well I do think having wireless teleporters would be a really big feature that would draw more to play expert mode.
No. The thing that makes people play Expert Mode is the challenge it provides. It's a test to see if you're good enough to defeat those big enhanced dangers that loom the land. You are not going to play it for a teleporter, you are going to play it because you're looking for some hard gameplay.

No. The thing that makes people play Expert Mode is the challenge it provides. It's a test to see if you're good enough to defeat those big enhanced dangers that loom the land. You are not going to play it for a teleporter, you are going to play it because you're looking for some hard gameplay.
Well, it is meant to have greater rewards for your efforts - no?

Well, it is meant to have greater rewards for your efforts - no?
Yes but this reward doesn't feel like it belongs in expert mode. Most people would just cheese the bosses using them, which ruins the challenge. But still, mechanical minecart is very cheesy, too.

Back
Top Bottom