Exploring the Capabilities of Minecart Tracks in Terrarian Engineering & Engineering Trains

Sonnette

Retinazer
Welcome to the longest title ever! Exploring the Capabilities of Minecart Tracks in Terrarian Engineering and Engineering Trains is a place to discuss the possibilities of using the new tracks that 1.3 introduced in engineering, and possibilities of using wires and engineering and the AI's that were introduced here in order to create large tracks.

Here is a simple command station I made for a train track (Purely experimental at the moment), and I believe that a larger, more defined system by someone more experienced than me will cause this to be much easier

With wiring:
upload_2016-5-4_16-20-46.png

Without wiring:
upload_2016-5-4_16-21-15.png

The basic idea of this is that if you flip the switches the plane of the track will change based upon the actuated blocks next to them.

I built an ALU capable of all basic arithmetic operations some time ago:

Link to guide:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...build-a-computer-using-minecart-tracks.15202/

Interesting to note that the video got very few responses and views, and tracktronics never really caught on. Tracktronic-based contraptions are vastly inferior to hoiktronics-based contraptions when it comes to building large-cale machinery because of the massive processing times, but they are still pretty fun to experiment with.

In essence, any system that allows inputs to alter signaling pathways allows for the building of fairly complex systems. Since electrical signals can be sent to track junctions and change the direction of the PC signal carrier, tracks can be used to build the exact same contraptions you can build using hoiktronics, but they will always be significantly slower.

I built an ALU capable of all basic arithmetic operations some time ago:

Link to guide:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...build-a-computer-using-minecart-tracks.15202/

Interesting to note that the video got very few responses and views, and tracktronics never really caught on. Tracktronic-based contraptions are vastly inferior to hoiktronics-based contraptions when it comes to building large-cale machinery because of the massive processing times, but they are still pretty fun to experiment with.

In essence, any system that allows inputs to alter signaling pathways allows for the building of fairly complex systems. Since electrical signals can be sent to track junctions and change the direction of the PC signal carrier, tracks can be used to build the exact same contraptions you can build using hoiktronics, but they will always be significantly slower.

Looking at this thread, it does mean that hoiks are not limited to blocks, and that this could be used to create complex systems, especially with the new mechanics of 1.3, with the new dummies with teleporters trick (Haven't explored this a lot, but it might help), this could be used to make some awesome things.

Where can the comunity go with the minecarts? We seen AFK Moon Lord farms, large-world sized epic rollercoasters... But what's next? What is inside of this crazy large comunity's mind? We'll see probably when 1.3.1 will be "comfortable" for everyone.
One thing more I have to say....
@DicemanX? I have to tell you something:
OMGursOcoolurOldmapwIThfarmsandStUfFisAMAZING!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom