Items Explosives!

I'd like to see dynamite bullets, but they deal the same damage as explosive bullets and break only 4 blocks each bullet. They obviously should cost a lot. Also, I find it rather lacking sense that people are complaining about bullet griefing when you can spam rocket 4s everywhere . I would definitely like some way of drilling from afar precisely and not taking huge chunks of terrain with each shot. Actually, 3*3 squares would allow for cheaper tunnel creation, but I guess 2*2 would be the best way to implement it.

I'd like to see dynamite bullets, but they deal the same damage as explosive bullets and break only 4 blocks each bullet. They obviously should cost a lot. Also, I find it rather lacking sense that people are complaining about bullet griefing when you can spam rocket 4s everywhere . I would definitely like some way of drilling from afar precisely and not taking huge chunks of terrain with each shot. Actually, 3*3 squares would allow for cheaper tunnel creation, but I guess 2*2 would be the best way to implement it.
The bullet grieving is easier than the rocket's (see speed time of some weapons like the chain gun (4) and the snowman Cannon (15)) , and is more logical than an actual rocket could destroy some tiles, than a bullet even if it explodes.

[Opinión] The bullet should destroy like one tile, cheaper and with the megashark for example you could mine quite fast even if you only destroy 1 tile (but without the smart cursor it could be painfully inpractical when you could simply use a pickaxe)

[suggestion] Other option is a stronger explosive arrow that is more affected by gravity and destroy 3*3 or 2*2

[pd] sorry for my not-so-fluid English

The bullet grieving is easier than the rocket's (see speed time of some weapons like the chain gun (4) and the snowman Cannon (15)) , and is more logical than an actual rocket could destroy some tiles, than a bullet even if it explodes.

[Opinión] The bullet should destroy like one tile, cheaper and with the megashark for example you could mine quite fast even if you only destroy 1 tile (but without the smart cursor it could be painfully inpractical when you could simply use a pickaxe)

[suggestion] Other option is a stronger explosive arrow that is more affected by gravity and destroy 3*3 or 2*2

Making it destroy 1 tile would make it useless (megashark's spread makes it so that you have to be close to the blasts, which means dying).
Changing bullet to arrow doesn't really change much though.

They obviously should cost a lot.

Cost doesn't justify power in this game. The tier of it and means of acquisition does (things being bought being the lowest as all you have to do is press M1/hold M2).

It just doesn't make sense to have destructive bullets. 2x2 is too small to be useful and 3x3 is way too large with the fire rate that bullet weapons can achieve. Not only that, but rockets are actually dangerous to use. The blast radius of Rocket IV's are pretty large, meaning you can knock a massive chunk of your health off easily too.

There's no place for destructive bullets in the game.

Making it destroy 1 tile would make it useless (megashark's spread makes it so that you have to be close to the blasts, which means dying).
Changing bullet to arrow doesn't really change much though.
Cost doesn't justify power in this game. The tier of it and means of acquisition does (things being bought being the lowest as all you have to do is press M1/hold M2).

It just doesn't make sense to have destructive bullets. 2x2 is too small to be useful and 3x3 is way too large with the fire rate that bullet weapons can achieve. Not only that, but rockets are actually dangerous to use. The blast radius of Rocket IV's are pretty large, meaning you can knock a massive chunk of your health off easily too.

There's no place for destructive bullets in the game.
Did you even see the first post? I crossed out the part where it says that the bullets destroy blocks.

Did you even see the first post? I crossed out the part where it says that the bullets destroy blocks.
I was sure that it wasn't crossed when I read it... But sorry...
But improving the explosive bullets stops being practical, I mean, they are fine as they are.
Edit: that only makes it expensive and overpowered

I'm sorry that I can't catch your edits. Reading the original post every time I go back to the thread is not what I do.

Regardless, there were still someone that wants environmentally damaging bullets and I was mainly talking to that person.

Apology accepted.
Thanks!

I'm sorry that I can't catch your edits. Reading the original post every time I go back to the thread is not what I do.

Regardless, there were still someone that wants environmentally damaging bullets and I was mainly talking to that person.
Yeah, that's me
maybe something like mining arrows could do if what you want is tile destruction, they do explode, but do less damage than an exploding arrow and actually mine 2*2 into the rock (ignore the blast radius, these babies explode to the front)
And about the bullets the blast radius (of 2*2) would only destroy 2 (or 3 tiles in the best case escenario) , so it may be okay but I still think that it would be quite bad for a server if you use something fast like the chain gun.

Thanks!

Yeah, that's me
maybe something like mining arrows could do if what you want is tile destruction, they do explode, but do less damage than an exploding arrow and actually mine 2*2 into the rock (ignore the blast radius, these babies explode to the front)
And about the bullets the blast radius (of 2*2) would only destroy 2 (or 3 tiles in the best case escenario) , so it may be okay but I still think that it would be quite bad for a server if you use something fast like the chain gun.
Rockets are also bad for serers. Just forbid tile removal through explosions on the server and there you go, problem fixed.

Rockets are also bad for serers. Just forbid tile removal through explosions on the server and there you go, problem fixed.
That's a good idea, a very good one, but in a practical way some explosives (bombs and dynamite) are quite useful, so just fobid the rockets (and bullets or arrows if implemented)....
Does a server tool like that exist?

You got my support at detonator. With that, digging hellivators to protect your biomes from hardmode corruption would be so much easier. Just craft explosives, place them where you want to dig, hit the detonator and BOOM! You've made all the hellivator's you need with explosives and it didn't take so ridiculosly long to do because there were no wires to clean up thanks to the detonator.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom